7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Cookeville 5 Oakland 2??? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

White County doesn't even score /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> in the 3rd quarter and trails by 14 points now.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Cookeville 5 Oakland 2??? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

It was totally pathetic!! Oakland kept the ball at halfcourt stalling the ball. That was the poorest coaching decision I have ever witnessed. I know Oakland didn't want to be beaten by 38 pts. again, but there was a classier way to slow the game down. It was an embarassment to the players from Oakland. You're not good enough to play the game, so we will just hold the ball. Cookeville pulled out into a man to man and had 6 quick fouls in the 1st quarter. Oakland would have been shooting the bonus the 2nd quarter, but their einstein coach had them back the ball out to half court. Cookeville laid back and rested for their next opponent. 2nd half was basically the same but Oakland wasn't able to control the ball. Cookeville still beats them by 22. Good job coaching tonight Grandstaff. You played the fool for your players, coaching staff and yourself.

Good job Lady Cavs!! Keep up the good work!!

WHERE WAS THE CO-MVP LAST YEAR............no one can tell me that this year of all years is the year for a co-mvp the girls that won them...congrats to morgan and the other girl that won...BUT anne marie and tara davis were neck and neck the entire season and both were dominating their competition......now anne was VERRRY deserving of her mvp last year...but it is "OBVIOUS" that tara she was reeeeaaallllly carrying her team last year more than anyone else.....now my opinion isnt just biased but fact......look at riverdale...they were good when she was there and they are still good when she is not there...not AS good but still a solid basketball team.....now oakland without tara is NOTHING at all....period...sorry...i know the girls are playing hard but they are nothing without tara and dont bring up kiki's name because she didnt contribute enough to be mentioned......because when she was there they went to state her soph year and fresh year they were a real good team....but when she was hurt her Jr year they won "5" games...MAYBE that....now the next year (the exact same team as the year before) won i think 17 games and almost got 1st place in the district.....now this year minus tara they compiled a measly 4 wins............................end of story

are seriously arguing and making a case for tara davis getting the mvp instead of ANNE MARIE.....first off that is so last year secondly...we won state WITH her and while we are competitve we are not near as strong ...i think this team has done a great job and i believe we will make some noise hopefully siegel will go easy on us this team as last game they really put it on us...AML was without a doubt head and shoulders the mvp last year so please let it go

It was totally pathetic!! Oakland kept the ball at halfcourt stalling the ball. That was the poorest coaching decision I have ever witnessed. I know Oakland didn't want to be beaten by 38 pts. again, but there was a classier way to slow the game down. It was an embarassment to the players from Oakland. You're not good enough to play the game, so we will just hold the ball. Cookeville pulled out into a man to man and had 6 quick fouls in the 1st quarter. Oakland would have been shooting the bonus the 2nd quarter, but their einstein coach had them back the ball out to half court. Cookeville laid back and rested for their next opponent. 2nd half was basically the same but Oakland wasn't able to control the ball. Cookeville still beats them by 22. Good job coaching tonight Grandstaff. You played the fool for your players, coaching staff and yourself.

50, I have some other thoughts on this and they might not be very kind in some ways. I know this was the only way that Oakland had a chance but was unsure if coach Grandstaff would do it and she did. this poster does agree that it was a shome to have to do it. BUT this is Tournament and the last chance. the only problem, the strategy worked the first half but oakland did not have the moxy to make it work the second half. Grandstaff was trying to keepit close till the end and then gofor it butevedently the team didnothave enough patience. While it is tough to watch a game like that, that was there only chance. NOW, what's the plan next year?

that is what the team out of memphis did against last year in the championship game and we was worried til we got the lead but once we got the lead you knew we got it ...i dont think there is anything wrong with this game plan espcially if it worked ...she would have beena genious if it did work think it about it u have seen them play a couple of times...what would you do to match up with cookeville if you was her

NOW FOR MY LADY WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GREAT GAME TONIGHT LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU CAN TELL IT WAS A DISTRICT TOURNAMENT ELIMINATION GAME it was testy out there our girls played hard and morgan swoape fouled out early in the fourth QTR so our freshman came in and hit some big shots down the stretch and took care of the ball she is gonna be good if she stays at it and works hard....blackman has a couple of good shooters and some quick players that play real hard..good luck to them next year

GREAT JOB LADIES AND GO GET EM AGAINST SEGIEL

Be nice now. Oakland was just visiting. You know, sit a spell. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

For those that were not there. I went to the TTU/Martin game first,which TTU won. The paper said the Cookeville/Oakland game was to start at 7:00. I get in the Cookeville gym in time to see Kelsey Odle make a steal and a layup with 7 something on the clock. Score 5-2.

I thought the game had just started, until I took a second look at th clock-period 2. That was the only score of the second quarter.

Oakland played stall ball and coach Odham let them.

At least no Cookeville players got in foul trouble in that quarter.

Warren County came to Siegel and there was no doubt about it, they came to win. The game was closer than the score indicated and for some reason, the Pioneers played more composed and with on floor direction that this poster has seen in the past couple of years. There was a definite game plan. This may seem critical but it is not meant to be. If Warren had followed thru with a different offensive plan, the outcome of the game would have been much closer. The play of Hall on post was something the team needed all year, 16 points. The offensive format to get her the shots still lacked some but only pointed out how good of a game she played. Warren County has good players and can have a good team and it seemed even to the fans, they were surprised at what they saw. they were only behind 4 points at the end of the 3rd quarter. Good game Siegel for coming thru and for Warren County, this team played with a lot of focus on a plan and played very good.

I guess 85's brief description of the score said it all but this score was very surprising and lebanon's dominance may show the intensity that Darrin Brown got the the Devilettes geared up to.

Irregardless, the play of the Elies were involved and their total involvement in the outcome had something to do with the results. Looking at the boxscore, marshall had something to do with it also. History will tell you that a low scoring game, late in the season, with the Elies involved is not good for the opponents. It looks as if it happened again this time also.

I guess 85's brief description of the score said it all but this score was very surprising and lebanon's dominance may show the intensity that Darrin Brown got the the Devilettes geared up to.

Irregardless, the play of the Elies were involved and their total involvement in the outcome had something to do with the results. Looking at the boxscore, marshall had something to do with it also. History will tell you that a low scoring game, late in the season, with the Elies involved is not good for the opponents. It looks as if it happened again this time also.

Lebanon has now beat White County 5 in a row and it is apparent that White County, being small as they are, just doesn't match up well with Lebanon's height in the post. Lebanon has trouble winning games that get above 40 points because they just aren't that productive on the offensive end of the floor, but if they can keep the score down they have a chance. They have yet to beat one of the top 3 in 7-AAA, but they will get two more chances before the tournament ends. One other note: irregardless is not a word. Simply use the word regardless and drop the "ir" and you will still be saying the same thing.

Pathetic? LOL.... Not even close .. Thats a smart move. A team knows when they are in trouble and they lean on their coach to change things up so Im sure the girls had no problem doing what they did.Flyinghigh50, Your just mad because you didn't beat them by 50 , now thats pathetic... Ive seen alot of great coaches do that and honestly if I felt we couldn't beat you up and down I would do the same If i was a coach. But a team can't make turnovers and they have to make a few baskets to be able to win. but they would be no way I would let my team lose by 50 and thats why I think the coach pulled a good move.