10-AAA Preview

Costanza

They may beat some people in AA, but they don't seem to be very talented or that disciplined as far as what they do on the court--be that coaching or just the players not doing what the coach wants--I've seen them more than once and they are not very good.

I wasn't disputing the fact that they were overmatched against Rossview--from what I hear--everyone is overmatched by Rossview.

Thanks for your opinion though.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i will start with saying a win is a win....I saw a lot of good and bad things last night. Several kids stepped up and played well and really helped carry their team on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. So that was encouraging to see that if someone was having an off night that there are other kids who can fill the holes....But I did see several things that need improving. The effort and intensity was great, they played hard but they have got to play smart also. Got too many dumb reaching fouls and need to play better helpside on the D end.

All in all a win is a win and it was a good game for us to start out with so we can def. see some changes that need to be made before the pats get into district play. A very good nucleus from which to build from though....

What did you think?

Well I would agree that a win is a win. Thought the team looked ok. Would agree with you on most everything. Would like to see the ball in the post a little more and got a little too reliant on the three at times. Of course, we shot it pretty well last night and when they are falling its nice. Would like to know what the % was both for fg and 3 pt. Bench looks a little thin. Realize that when football ends (hopefully in Dec) you'll get a few guys back. Looking for the one guy on the team with that"killer instinct" on D. HC has got some guys that can put in the the basket but I'd agree with the coach's statement from the paper that they need to play better D. Good teams can play offense, but the great ones also play defense! Well that's your former capps coach analysis. Looking forward to Saturday night. Need some more fans in the gym on Saturday night to razz the place up. Liked the new basketball announcing, thought that was kinda cool. Need some more contemporary music though. Need to throw some t shirts in the crowd or something like they do at MSU for 3 pt shots. Good luck Pats Sat against Bradford and then to Lexington on Tues for the start of the regular season!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WHOA! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> boy you just got the inside trac on everything. You should seriously give ESPN a call, they really need a fella like you /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

This sounds familiar to your line on the football forum. You need to work on another line. Or are your writers on strike?

This sounds familiar to your line on the football forum. You need to work on another line. Or are your writers on strike?

well they need more than one anchor you silly billy /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and you guys make a mean tag team so reach for the stars /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well I would agree that a win is a win. Thought the team looked ok. Would agree with you on most everything. Would like to see the ball in the post a little more and got a little too reliant on the three at times. Of course, we shot it pretty well last night and when they are falling its nice. Would like to know what the % was both for fg and 3 pt. Bench looks a little thin. Realize that when football ends (hopefully in Dec) you'll get a few guys back. Looking for the one guy on the team with that"killer instinct" on D. HC has got some guys that can put in the the basket but I'd agree with the coach's statement from the paper that they need to play better D. Good teams can play offense, but the great ones also play defense! Well that's your former capps coach analysis. Looking forward to Saturday night. Need some more fans in the gym on Saturday night to razz the place up. Liked the new basketball announcing, thought that was kinda cool. Need some more contemporary music though. Need to throw some t shirts in the crowd or something like they do at MSU for 3 pt shots. Good luck Pats Sat against Bradford and then to Lexington on Tues for the start of the regular season!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree. I think our defense could have played a lil better. But at times our defense looked real good. And when the football players get back i think we will have a really good bench. I hope coach wilkins can talk marsalis into playin. Last year he was one of the best defenders we had. And he can rebound real well for his size. And i been workin real hard on Chris Teague's shot and im glad it finally payed off. I think he hit 4 threes and had about 16 or 18 points. I see about 4 or 5 that can put up 20 on any given night.

And i been workin real hard on Chris Teague's shot and im glad it finally payed off. I think he hit 4 threes and had about 16 or 18 points. I see about 4 or 5 that can put up 20 on any given night.

Sounds like someone wants some credit for helping a young man with his shot. Are you a coach, or someone that works with him away from practice or games. Tell me this, has he been working as hard as you on his shot, if not, then maybe you can work with my son, he llives in Clarksville but from the way it sounds, the kid has nothing to do with it, If you have time, maybe you can work on my sons shot.

Sounds like someone wants some credit for helping a young man with his shot. Are you a coach, or someone that works with him away from practice or games. Tell me this, has he been working as hard as you on his shot, if not, then maybe you can work with my son, he llives in Clarksville but from the way it sounds, the kid has nothing to do with it, If you have time, maybe you can work on my sons shot.

U love starting you some controversy don't u?

Shooters are made not born! That particular young man has a natural stroke, but has worked very hard in the off season to perfect it as has nearly everyone on this team. So fastcat move your kid to HC and we'll work with him. If not keep your pie hole closed! And I say this outa love!!! NOT!!!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Well Rossview is 2-0 with a win over Creekwood. They just won by 6. Then Kenwood got beat by a Very good Harpath team. I am not sure of their record. Northeast and Northwest won over a few more AA teams. Clarksville High has some very tough non district games. Has anyone seen these guys in a real competition not just the Jambore? How are they progressing with games that count?

for one thing...people need to get over rossview.. they have not done anything!! they werre an average team last year. Until they win a title then they have nothing to stand by... i mean lets be honest.. there is not a bed of talent over there at Rossview.

Well, it seems obvious you haven't seen these guys play this year. I mean, it's actually this year that counts right now, not last year. And well, technically no one has "done anything" this season yet. We're only two or three games into the season. I've followed this district pretty closely the last couple years, and they haven't been a very good team in previous seasons, but if you're going off last year's opinion, you might want to change that. New coach + more experience = much more talented basketball team. But that's ok, let's hope everyone else goes into the game expecting last year's team. Although I tend to follow Rossview closer than other teams, you can't deny that these guys have talent.