Goodpasture @ DCA predictions !

decleater

You know all this week there has been so much smack about this and that or who beat who all ready and trash talk about portables and field houses! Well, I will say DCA throws one heck of a party in their portables after an upset like that one they just served up, AND THERE WASN"T EVEN ANY CROW! (BUMMER) I am not going to talk trash because I don't need to. I believe I have 35 reasons not to right. Okay, enough with that. Look the honest thing is you have to cheer and hope for the underdog to pull it off sometimes, even if the underdog is your team. That is what makes sports so exciting and keeps you wanting to come back. My only question I guess is, when should the signs have come down Goodpasture at half time or right before that pick in the endzone. I don't know but it seems to me that signs from the past might not be such a good motivator but I could be wrong. And yes your are right DCA doesn't have a $500,000 field house and yes we have portables but you know what else we got that GHS doesn't? A WIN!!! and I think we will be just fine with that for now!! In parting I just wanted to say thanks to all the Goodpasture supporters this week on here, you guys have been great and I hope you and your team have a good rest of the season! You guys have a good football team!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let the cougars show them Friday what a 1A team playing in 2A is really like. Then maybe in a few years, DCA will start picking up some competition and stop playing those 1A schools, winning by 14, then acting like they are unstoppable. Good luck guys and see you friday night! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

are we 2A now and i bet you are regreting not practicing monday and anyway its just DCA right? atleast thats wat they said over the intercom at goodpasture

Goodpasture has a very good football team, I am especially impressed with their running backs. I think they are guilty of disrespecting their opponent though, and that cost them. That starts with the head man! I would not want to play them next week, because I think they will not take Coffee County too lightly, and will probably even practice next week! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Goodpasture has a very good football team, I am especially impressed with their running backs. I think they are guilty of disrespecting their opponent though, and that cost them. That starts with the head man! I would not want to play them next week, because I think they will not take Coffee County too lightly, and will probably even practice next week! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Nice job. Looks like a rivalry now. Your team clearly wanted it more. That is the bottom line. I have no idea how you have two weeks to prepare and that is ALL you have to offer. Our effort late was tremendous late but you cannot bury yourselves like that for three quarters and then decide to play. Our fourth quarter there was fight and we still nearly pulled this off. But why not try a little more in the first 3 quarters? They count too. Looks like we could meet again. Hopefully when you play us again you will get our best effort. You deserve that. That is IF our players and coaching staff even care. That is if our players have any guts. I question the players and coaching staff hearts. Why put on a uniform if that is all you have to offer? I predict GP will not win another game this season. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Nice job. Looks like a rivalry now. Your team clearly wanted it more. That is the bottom line. I have no idea how you have two weeks to prepare and that is ALL you have to offer. Our effort late was tremendous late but you cannot bury yourselves like that for three quarters and then decide to play. Our fourth quarter there was fight and we still nearly pulled this off. But why not try a little more in the first 3 quarters? They count too. Looks like we could meet again. Hopefully when you play us again you will get our best effort. You deserve that. That is IF our players and coaching staff even care. That is if our players have any guts. I question the players and coaching staff hearts. Why put on a uniform if that is all you have to offer? I predict GP will not win another game this season. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

cougar6, if you really are a GP fan, shame on you for this post. Questioning your coach's and team's heart and calling them gutless when they are 7-1, go to the Blue Cross bowl the last 2 years, and lose a hard fought game to a really good team on the road with only one loss.

Where were you during the 100 degree 2-a-days this summer, the long hours in the weight room, the long afternoons after school practicing? Probably sitting at home in the air conditioning on your computer, eating candy. You are not a true team supporter or you wouldn't make a post like this when your team plays a bad half, then makes a valiant comeback only to come up short against a very good team. You should be ashamed calling your team out. This is football - teams win and lose, play well and poorly. I am a CPA fan, but I know one thing about GP - they are winners. I doubt that is true of you.

cougar6, if you really are a GP fan, shame on you for this post. Questioning your coach's and team's heart and calling them gutless when they are 7-1, go to the Blue Cross bowl the last 2 years, and lose a hard fought game to a really good team on the road with only one loss.

Where were you during the 100 degree 2-a-days this summer, the long hours in the weight room, the long afternoons after school practicing? Probably sitting at home in the air conditioning on your computer, eating candy. You are not a true team supporter or you wouldn't make a post like this when your team plays a bad half, then makes a valiant comeback only to come up short against a very good team. You should be ashamed calling your team out. This is football - teams win and lose, play well and poorly. I am a CPA fan, but I know one thing about GP - they are winners. I doubt that is true of you.

Very good post divepix you said it all.

Cougar6, come on now. 1 loss and you are putting the team down like that. Yes they played about 30% of their ability last night, But DCA wanted it more and they got it. Just because we beat them 100-17 the past two years doesn't mean that all we have to do to win a game is to put the jersey on and we will win. Hopefully that loss will make them realize they aren't unbeatable and will come out to play the rest of the season. GO COUGARS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have been thinking about the region seedings as a result of the DCA vs GP outcome, and if you go to the TSSAA website it really becomes complex quickly.

If CPA beat Goodpasture in 2 weeks, it is straightforward, CPA would be 1st, DCA 2nd and GP 3rd.

However, if GP beat CPA it looks to me as if DCA would get the top seed.

All teams would be 4-1 in the region and at that point it would go to the most wins over teams with a 0.5 record or better.

DCA has wins over Friendship and GP who are both guaranteed a .5 record or higher. They also have wins over Westmoreland and Harding Academy who are both 4-4 at the moment. Westmoreland plays East Robertson so I expect a win there, and Harding play Tipton which will also likely be a win. I expect DCA to finish with at least 4 wins over teams with a 0.5 record or better. This could go to 5 if Fayette who are 3-5 win out their next two games against McNairy and Middleton.

GP in this scenario would have wins over Lipscomb and CPA (both with a 0.5 or better record). In order to go match DCA, Goodpasture has to beat Coffee County and hope Ravenwood (3-5) beat Dickson County and Clarksville NE.

I decided not to go to the next level of tie-breaker which is overall wins of opponents as there are too many variables at this time.

Of course we have no idea where any of us in Region 5 will be placed after that as we will most likely be the region that gets split up into different quadrants.

you cannot use the excuse that GP just didn't play their game.....they had 419 total yards of offense with 242 rushing.....turnovers killed them. i am expecting the GP db's to prepare very well this week and come out and have a strong showing against coffee county and then do the same the next week with CPA and the spread. the play of their DB's will be critical against CPA. GO COUGARS. best of luck against CPA.

Cougar6, come on now. 1 loss and you are putting the team down like that. Yes they played about 30% of their ability last night, But DCA wanted it more and they got it. Just because we beat them 100-17 the past two years doesn't mean that all we have to do to win a game is to put the jersey on and we will win. Hopefully that loss will make them realize they aren't unbeatable and will come out to play the rest of the season. GO COUGARS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree totally. The team that wanted it most won. This might be the best thing that could have happene to GP. The real season starts in a few weeks anyway. We won 21 straight regular season games up until last night. Have not lost a regular season game in 2 years. Somebody just kicked a sleeping dog. Just because we walk on the field teams will not go into the fetal position. Either way, I still believe if they will look within themselves that even the DCA and CPA folks will tell you, the road through this region comes thru us come playoff time. But they will not lie down and give it to us. Again, this might be the best thing that could happen to this team.