JCM What is hapening

the prophet

Henry County will get put out by Melrose in the 3rd round, if not Hillsboro (possibly Mt.Juliet) will spank them again in the semis. Munford will lose in the second round to Melrose. You could possibly see a swap IF Munford beats HC again this year. Again neither team will really sniff the Boro. Hardin County will lose in the first round or get beat by one of the above in the second round.

Region 7-4A and 8-4A are not particularly strong this year. Which is evident when you see school losses in both regions to schools from lower classifications. Maybe next year will be better.

Interesting take, We lost to southside last year, but yet beat Melrose at the mound, Is a loss to a 2a school earlyin the season a clear read of what a team will be like say 12 weeks later. I will say this as I have said before, The titans beat the colts last year, I do not think anyone really thought that Tennessee had a better team than that of the Colts. I say that to say this, anything and I do mean anything can happen on any Friday night and I am sure had I asked youthe same question 12 months ago, after Henry county lost to Munford and Southside in back to back weeks, You probably would have told me that Melrose would spank Henry county in the second round if we made it that far. Henry county is not weak at all this year and it is quite strange that you would suggest that. Their offense is very strong and their defense is improving weekly and was never bad.

I would actually suggest that Henry county is one of the better teams in the state, how good, that is yet to be determined , however, if you know a team that is hands down stonger than Henry county in west tn, I would have to think that list is short, and across the state for that matter. I learned long ago that it is tough to judge how good a team is by looking at a loss or even a win. Westview beat us this year, what does that mean, it means that we were out played on that night and folks that is it. That night was several weeks ago and history, westview is not living on that win and we are not dying with that loss. We lost 4 of our first 8 last year and went to the semis.Spanked you say, Melrsoe spanked us in 05, and we spanked Melrose in 06, each year is a new year, hillsboro would no doubt be the favorite but, the game must still be played to crown the winner.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no excuses to be made...we are having a BAD season...that followed a BAD season. Hey "anti-one"...with no disrespect intended to my HC friends...HC should know something about BAD seasons. You have had at least a decade of them....and what did you do? You turned it around!!! That is what will happen at JCM...we will turn it around...maybe against Brighton...maybe next year...but it WILL happen!!! If HC can do it after a generation of poor teams...then JCM can do it after a couple of seasons!!! The YANKER is simply using your own team as an example of a complete turn around...this is not an effort to attack HC. I AM THE ALWAYS OPTIMISTIC YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah we were there and now you are, you have bragged for 3 years about how JCM has owned us over history and I guess when things are as bad as they are at JCM, one would revert back to the overall record throughout history as opposed to say this season. It is a sad state that JCM and the rest of the Mdison county schools is in, I am sure JCM will be in a smaller classification after the next allignment.

Yanker, another good exapmle is Crockett Co. They were the worst of whipping boys in the 80s and early 90s. Teams were having homecoming in September so they could use CC as their homecoming opponent. Now look at them. Over time, Pratt has done wonders. They could compete for a state title every year. No one wants to schedule them if they don't have to. I do think JCM will continue to be down the rest of this year. The direction they go next year depends how high a priority that leadership makes getting the program back on top. The athletes are there.

You are right, my "formerringly Coachfully Eighty-Onerring" friend...and JCM will be BACK!!!!! Do not count us out this year...but we will return soon, either way!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah we were there and now you are, you have bragged for 3 years about how JCM has owned us over history and I guess when things are as bad as they are at JCM, one would revert back to the overall record throughout history as opposed to say this season. It is a sad state that JCM and the rest of the Mdison county schools is in, I am sure JCM will be in a smaller classification after the next allignment.

You are finally right about something...JCM has owned HC over HISTORY...and we still do!!! Just not the last two years. I AM THE HISTORICALLY CORRECT YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry County will get put out by Melrose in the 3rd round, if not Hillsboro (possibly Mt.Juliet) will spank them again in the semis. Munford will lose in the second round to Melrose. You could possibly see a swap IF Munford beats HC again this year. Again neither team will really sniff the Boro. Hardin County will lose in the first round or get beat by one of the above in the second round.

Region 7-4A and 8-4A are not particularly strong this year. Which is evident when you see school losses in both regions to schools from lower classifications. Maybe next year will be better.

I disagree. I think HC has a chance to do very well in the playoffs. The big runningback (can`t ever remember his name for some reason) is very good and tough to bring down. If they can control the ball with his running ability they can control the clock. I think they can give most anyone a tough game.

There are no excuses to be made...we are having a BAD season...that followed a BAD season. Hey "anti-one"...with no disrespect intended to my HC friends...HC should know something about BAD seasons. You have had at least a decade of them....and what did you do? You turned it around!!! That is what will happen at JCM...we will turn it around...maybe against Brighton...maybe next year...but it WILL happen!!! If HC can do it after a generation of poor teams...then JCM can do it after a couple of seasons!!! The YANKER is simply using your own team as an example of a complete turn around...this is not an effort to attack HC. I AM THE ALWAYS OPTIMISTIC YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats your prediction against Brighton this week?

Honestly... Brighton should win this game without the help of the refs this time.

By the way, I actually thought about you all last week while we were playing Brighton, the refs were horrible, I bet we had 170 yards and 3 scores on one possesion and then they grab ou reciever while the ball is leaving the qbs hand and they let it go. Brightons dline was diving at the feet of our oline and when we would fall on top of them they would call holding and bring the big play back, I think it was 2nd and38 when we picked up the first down.

Honestly... Brighton should win this game without the help of the refs this time.

The YANKER understands how you can pick Brighton, my VG of a friend. I picked NS last week, although it was hard to do. I have a feeling, however, that Brighton will be down, now that the playoffs are out for them, and after being destroyed by HC. They are very one dimensional, from what I read on here. This may be the week, we pull a big upset. I AM THE OPTIMISTIC YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree. I think HC has a chance to do very well in the playoffs. The big runningback (can`t ever remember his name for some reason) is very good and tough to bring down. If they can control the ball with his running ability they can control the clock. I think they can give most anyone a tough game.

I still have you making the Quarters and possibly the semis.

The YANKER understands how you can pick Brighton, my VG of a friend. I picked NS last week, although it was hard to do. I have a feeling, however, that Brighton will be down, now that the playoffs are out for them, and after being destroyed by HC. They are very one dimensional, from what I read on here. This may be the week, we pull a big upset. I AM THE OPTIMISTIC YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see where you think Brighton might be down, but i still think Brighton wins this game by two or three touchdowns. And Brighton is pretty one dimensional but that one dimension is pretty good and i think he has a 150 to 200 yard game. Go Cards

By the way, I actually thought about you all last week while we were playing Brighton, the refs were horrible, I bet we had 170 yards and 3 scores on one possesion and then they grab ou reciever while the ball is leaving the qbs hand and they let it go. Brightons dline was diving at the feet of our oline and when we would fall on top of them they would call holding and bring the big play back, I think it was 2nd and38 when we picked up the first down.

Exactly! We got calls all night 2 years ago because apparently we weren`t getting up quick enough. My son was an O-line captain that year and never could get any reasonable explanation from the refs that night. We did end up winning the region that year and it looks like you guys will too this year. I`d be the first to admit JCM was prone to penalties, but 270 yards was way beyond belief that night. I didn`t go to our game tonight because I just refuse to go to Brighton again. I`ll bite my lip and not go any further with that.

Congrats to the Cardinals tonight. Hopefully they earned the win this time.