District 4AA

QSouth89

Will there be any surprise teams in District 4AA or will it come down to the usual suspects, Anderson Co., Catholic and Loudon. AC should be the clear cut favorite with their entire starting 5 back. The Mavs looked really good at summer camp. Loudon even though they have new coach, Drew Eller and Grant Glasper return. Kevin Dills looks like he's going to be a really good player for the Redskins based on his AAU play in the spring. Stone could be the darkhorse. Anybody have any thoughts, hopefully clean ones, without all of the bashing and name calling.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did see Anderson County, Loudon and Catholic in the summer/spring ball. They all will be good teams. Anderson County looked especially strong. They have good size, shooting and ball handling. Also, they were playing without Sharp. We must assume that Catholic will play their usual style of ball emphasing ball control and defense which is difficult for most teams to match-up with. Also, many of the key contributors are back, ao they should be strong. Looudon's new coach makes them unpredictable.

I think that the district should come down to Anderson County and Catholic.

The key with Loudon is always the fans letting the coach do his thing. Shane Wells did a great job the last 2 years with those kids. I'm sure he will be missed. But, the new coach has some outstanding players returning and like mentioned before unpredictabilty (with a new coach) will be a factor. Don't count Stone Memorial out. Their coach does a good job and they return everyone. I saw Fox at an AAU tournament and he looked like he was back to his pre-injury status. Alot of experience returning for the teams who qualified for regional play. I'm not sure about CAK, Kingston or Scott. Scott hired a new coach and the big 3 have graduated from Kingston. CAK is probably the best among that group. Coach Darden has them playing motion and running. Maybe that was for summer play, we'll find out soon enough.

Should be a gret year in the District. AC has everyone back and good coaching. Loudon has alot back and very good young coach. The wild card could be Catholic. I think they will be dangerous when the football kids return probably around December before they are through. The job Hutch and Tony Scott have done the past few years in DII then in this District has been outstanding. Stone is very dangerous. JD will have CAK prepared.

cak doesnt have the size that a basketball team needs, their tallest being 6'3" jonathan berube, who will have to be guarding ac's gouldie at 6'8" and catholics daniel hood not quite sure what size he is but hes a big guy. cak will have to rely on their speed but have talent all over the floor. Saw them running some pearl like presses at some camps this summer. people should watch out for them 6 seniors should provide the necessary leadership. 1-ac 2-catholic 3-loudon 4-cak 5-stone 6-kingston 7-scott but this district is the hardest to call.

Should be a gret year in the District. AC has everyone back and good coaching. Loudon has alot back and very good young coach. The wild card could be Catholic. I think they will be dangerous when the football kids return probably around December before they are through. The job Hutch and Tony Scott have done the past few years in DII then in this District has been outstanding. Stone is very dangerous. JD will have CAK prepared.

Catholic will try to develop some depth. If the football team make it to the state title game the Irish could be playing quite a few games without them. IMO Anderson Co. is the team to beat. Not to overlook Loudon though, they should be strong, but like I said earlier, Shane Wells will be hard to replace. It's one thing to draw up X's and O's, but you have to get your players ready to play and he really knew how to motivate and have a talented team ready to play with no let downs. I have to agree, Stone could be VERY dangerous, and not overlooked.

The key with Loudon is always the fans letting the coach do his thing. Shane Wells did a great job the last 2 years with those kids. I'm sure he will be missed. But, the new coach has some outstanding players returning and like mentioned before unpredictabilty (with a new coach) will be a factor. Don't count Stone Memorial out. Their coach does a good job and they return everyone. I saw Fox at an AAU tournament and he looked like he was back to his pre-injury status. Alot of experience returning for the teams who qualified for regional play. I'm not sure about CAK, Kingston or Scott. Scott hired a new coach and the big 3 have graduated from Kingston. CAK is probably the best among that group. Coach Darden has them playing motion and running. Maybe that was for summer play, we'll find out soon enough.

I think it will be stone and ac in the end. stone has a good point guard in bradley sherrill and they should go far

• 2 weeks later...

IMO Catholic has four starters in football, if the go to the Boro' it will be about Dec. 10th before step onto the basketball court.

ac also has 4 could be starters on the football field. however, i dont see ac going quite as far as catholic on the gridiron. but, ac has the depth to still compete until the footballers return to full strength. any of their top nine, imo, could and will start at some point this year. this is probably the deepest ac team that i have seen in my 35 years. it should be an interesting season. good luck to all!