Which 5A Region is the best

kickofffootball1

Have you seen any of the west teams (White Station, Whitehaven, Millington for example) play? Just curious. I haven't witnessed any teams outside of the Memphis area play, other than some clips on TV. I base alot of my opinions on the central and east teams on what I read, and what their reputations are. So I am aware of the quality of teams in your respective areas, just not sure how good anyone is this year. And I imagine I'd be echoing your thoughts on 2-5A and 4-5A if I lived further east. But since I am in Memphis, this is what I have to base my opinion on. I really don't mind if the focus is placed on 2-5A and 4-5A. It's actually pretty logical, considering where the majority of the posters are from.

no i havent seen anyone from the west play at all this year ive heard good things about white station but not much about the others im basing my opinions the same way you are i guess we will just jabe to wait and see what happens later in the year good luck to those teams too.....

GO WARRIORS!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Middle Tennessee edition of "On the Ball Magazine," they tried to settle the debate of the best region in each DI class. Using a formula they came up with, the toughest region in the state in 5A was region 4. Followed by region 6, which is in a down year, region 8, and then region 5. You have to see their website for their formula.

I personally guarantee he would have 100 yards if not 200 on Riverdales D. WB has one of the best run d's in the state and he had 289 so he would easily get 100 on Riverdale

Have you seen Riverdale's defense? Size and speed, speed, speed. Oh, and did I mention speed. I have seen WB's and they seem to be wearing concrete shoes. I have seen fim of other defenses in that area as well and they all look a little slow of foot. Speed kills. We have it and you do not.

In the Middle Tennessee edition of "On the Ball Magazine," they tried to settle the debate of the best region in each DI class. Using a formula they came up with, the toughest region in the state in 5A was region 4. Followed by region 6, which is in a down year, region 8, and then region 5. You have to see their website for their formula.

I saw that, Region 4 got a lot of points off of playoff wins and quarterfinal appearances. I think playing against Region 3 helped them out a lot in those two categories.

For THIS year its region 2, sadly this is a debate that won`t be decided until these teams start scheduling each other in the regular season because only 1 region 2 team will play a region 4 team and all that will decide is who is the better teams between those 2 teams not the region as a whole. It would be great to have a round robin tourney between the two regions, but that`ll happen right after we see a 16 team playoff in college football.

BTW, who gets homefield in the semi finals this year?

The East has home field advantage this year. At least I assume they do since Ooltewah traveled to Smyrna last year.

My position is that region 4 is better as a whole. If these regions matched up 1-8, region 4 goes 6-2. Riverdale and Smyrna would beat anyone in that region. The bottom three teams would win. Then they would only have to win 1 of the remaining 3 games. I think when you talk about a region as a whole the bottom 3 teams in each region settle the debate. Siegel, Lavergne, Oakland, and Blackman would all be playoff teams in other regions.

Now, if you want to talk about who will field the best playoff 4, then you would have a great debate.

It does seem logical to consider the strength of all of the teams from a conference in hashing out a debate like this. Being a WSHS fan, and familar with the teams from the 2 regions around here, its safe to say that region 8 generally has 4, even 5 pretty good teams, but that the bottom 3 or 4 are usually not. This year as an example White Station, Whitehaven , and Houston seem to have pretty good teams. Colliervile has been stronger, its an average year for Germantown, a down year for Woodale, and Kirby and Hamilton are not very competitve.

I hate to admit it, but 8 therefore is not really strong from top to bottom. Region 7 is even weaker overall I think. So just like we tend to measure college conferences by the total number of really good teams, in spite of which indiviual team wins the championship, I think it goes for us on the high school level as well.

Have you seen Riverdale's defense? Size and speed, speed, speed. Oh, and did I mention speed. I have seen WB's and they seem to be wearing concrete shoes. I have seen fim of other defenses in that area as well and they all look a little slow of foot. Speed kills. We have it and you do not.

No I have not seen Riverdale's defense. Yeah its probably true your a very fast defense but thats not what Andre Sterling is good at. He has the best cutback vision and power for someone his size that I have ever seen personally. You just know a good back when you see one and he is it.

No I have not seen Riverdale's defense. Yeah its probably true your a very fast defense but thats not what Andre Sterling is good at. He has the best cutback vision and power for someone his size that I have ever seen personally. You just know a good back when you see one and he is it.

How big is he? What schools are after him?

I have seen him on film, he is a good back but not unstoppable.. What I am saying is that after he makes a cut back, he has out run a lot of defenders because they are slow. He runs a 4.6, which is good for a guy his size, but Riverdale has linebackers that run that kind of 40 plus they are his size or larger. Also a couple of DB's that are 4.5. I do not believe he wolud put 100 on Riverdale but who knows. If y'all take care of business, and Riverdale too, we will have to worry about the Gov's offense and not Sterling.