MACON PLAYER KICKED OFF?

SONGWRITER

i'm really tired of this "people in power crap".... who are these people?? (and i would use all caps but that might come across a little too strong) i've lived here all my life and i don't know anyone who has ever told a coach to play a certain kid!!.....as a metter of fact i know a few kids of good players in the past who have quit football because they didn't get to play were they wanted too....or where their daddy did....do you really think this happens??...i don't.....

I know of it happening. And I am NOT going to violate board rules by naming names...but the 'people in power' happen to be the persons responsible for hiring and firing coaches (inside the school system)..they have been known to bend to the will of people within the community with the so-called power to make their lives tough. (If you do not know they exist there, then you are at the very least extremely naive.) And frankly, you have very little right to be tired of anything after coming off with starting this obnoxious thread in the first place. What is YOUR motivation...besides stirring the pot even more??

Again....you folks quit meddling with the program before you get to the point that you cannot hire anyone who is off of all fours!!!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about precedent but Cook IS the "head Cook and bottle washer" (his words not mine). He makes the decisions that are relevant to the program. He's not really known to be a push-over. Now I not saying he has as much clout as some other head coaches some here can bring to mind but, I don't believe he would be around very long if he was being second guessed all the time. That is my opinion at least.

I don't doubt that is the case...and that is probably the reason why all this flack has taken place....someone in the community got their precious little feathers ruffled.

i'm really tired of this "people in power crap".... who are these people?? (and i would use all caps but that might come across a little too strong) i've lived here all my life and i don't know anyone who has ever told a coach to play a certain kid!!.....as a metter of fact i know a few kids of good players in the past who have quit football because they didn't get to play were they wanted too....or where their daddy did....do you really think this happens??...i don't.....

If you wonder who these people are, just look at the coach who was fired (or forced out) in 1988 or 89. The same group of parents and players that wanted him gone are now grandparents and parents of players under Cook. The cycle never ends as long as the administration allows it to happen.

From beegdawg

Again....you folks quit meddling with the program before you get to the point that you cannot hire anyone who is off of all fours!!!!!

Why don't you take a spoonfull of your own medicine and let your own self-serving dawg lie.

You continue to post and bring this to life, I took your advice and tried to just leave this alone. However, I cannot stand someone who constantly tells people to do one thing and then turns around and does that thing himself.

Go post on Watertown's thread.

I guess I must have hit a nerve.

Maybe the people who are trashing the coach publically need to quit this little vendeta on here. If you do not like me (or others...which is the vast majority of those posting on this) standing up for an embattled coach and the kids, then you are part of the problem...and what I speak about what will happen to the future of the program (as it has with other programs with public bruhahas such as this) WILL happen if people keep bringing up stuff like kicked-out kids or Hutton coaching...or the like.

Just stating facts, buddy. Will never stop doing that...

And what does Watertown have to do with this? That won't make it on Jim Rome... /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

If you wonder who these people are, just look at the coach who was fired (or forced out) in 1988 or 89. The same group of parents and players that wanted him gone are now grandparents and parents of players under Cook. The cycle never ends as long as the administration allows it to happen.

THOSE are exactly (almost by person) the people I was talking about...and the same situation.

THOSE are exactly (almost by person) the people I was talking about...and the same situation.

I was still in Elementary School in 88-89 so I ask my dad about what happened and he pretty much described what is going on now....now back then. And I thought that discussion and talking was what a discussion/blog board was for and about am I wrong?

After ya'll get rid of coach cook you can always ask red boilings coach to take over the Tigers. I'm sure he would be happy to make the step up. I dont know though, they probably dont bad mouth him near as much where he's at now as the Macon Co. folks bad mouth cook. Keep up the trashing of the coach Macon Co. fans. Surrounding teams love to see ya'll do this. We were afraid a couple of years ago you all had turned the corner and changed your ways but you quickly proved our thinking wrong. Thanks.

After ya'll get rid of coach cook you can always ask red boilings coach to take over the Tigers. I'm sure he would be happy to make the step up. I dont know though, they probably dont bad mouth him near as much where he's at now as the Macon Co. folks bad mouth cook. Keep up the trashing of the coach Macon Co. fans. Surrounding teams love to see ya'll do this. We were afraid a couple of years ago you all had turned the corner and changed your ways but you quickly proved our thinking wrong. Thanks.

very classy post.....

very classy post.....

.............. http://www.freesmileys.org

Same old Macon County. You have had excellent coaches there but just because they dont win (you have to have talent) you are ready to run them out of there. Heck, yall even ran off the last winning coaching staff you had. I played there, as well as coached there, and it has always been a place of fair weather fans. Some fans are great and supportive of the kids but others are in a competition there to see who can run their mouths the most. I truly hope things change some day. I still love the Blue and White.