Reg 3 AA

mayspeed

Sequatchie's Lady Indians pulled off a 14-point win over Sweetwater. The Lady Indians jumped out to a big lead early, then lost the lead in the third quarter when they were told to slow down the tempo of the game. Once they began playing fast-paced ball again, Sequatchie pulled away. Both post players had a good night for the Lady Indians. If they play on all cylinders, Sequatchie can play against most anyone. They are very comparable to McMinn Central. Both are good teams, heavy on juniors, fast, and aggressive. Should be a barn-burner Wednesday night for the championship.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to take anything from Sequatchie, but you have to give Sweetwater their props. They had the game won, if they just knew how to finish Sequatchie off. They had 11 and 40 with 4 fouls by the end of the third, but never use that to their advantage. If they had just fed the post, Sweetwater would have won that game. Either by drawing the foul against 11 or 40, or getting the easy shots against players that couldn't play tough defence. But, Sequatchie did recognize that 20 and 11 for Sweetwater had 4 and managed to draw the fifth foul on both of those players. That's the reason for the 16 pt win. It was tied up til they fouled out. It was a hard fought game on both teams part. Now, get the popcorn and get ready for a good game Wednesday. After all, this is where we all thought we'd be at this time. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm not trying to take anything from Sequatchie, but you have to give Sweetwater their props. They had the game won, if they just knew how to finish Sequatchie off. They had 11 and 40 with 4 fouls by the end of the third, but never use that to their advantage. If they had just fed the post, Sweetwater would have won that game. Either by drawing the foul against 11 or 40, or getting the easy shots against players that couldn't play tough defence. But, Sequatchie did recognize that 20 and 11 for Sweetwater had 4 and managed to draw the fifth foul on both of those players. That's the reason for the 16 pt win. It was tied up til they fouled out. It was a hard fought game on both teams part. Now, get the popcorn and get ready for a good game Wednesday. After all, this is where we all thought we'd be at this time. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm not so sure they had the game "won" since it was early in the third quarter -- lots of playing time left. I'll give it to Sweetwater that they played hard and made a great rally. Kept things interesting. However, being a good team is knowing how to capitalize on a weakness, and how to play disciplined defense when you are in foul trouble. Sequatchie did both of these things, and that's what makes you good. We are ready for McMinn. Looking forward to probably one of the best matched games in the state. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I'm not so sure they had the game "won" since it was early in the third quarter -- lots of playing time left. I'll give it to Sweetwater that they played hard and made a great rally. Kept things interesting. However, being a good team is knowing how to capitalize on a weakness, and how to play disciplined defense when you are in foul trouble. Sequatchie did both of these things, and that's what makes you good. We are ready for McMinn. Looking forward to probably one of the best matched games in the state. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

what time will the game be and will it be on wednesday or thursday night? keep it up lady indians /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm just going to say, Wednesday's game will be against two of the classiest programs in the state. I have the highest respect for Coach Barker and her team. And since both teams will be going to sub-state, I wish Sequatchie well this coming Saturday. So, for my predictions. Central wins and will host York Saturday, and Sequatchie will travel to Upperman. But, let me say, IF York or Sequatchie wins, there will be a very good chance for our region to send two teams to the 'BORO. I've travelled to see the District 7AA tournament games, as well as York vs Stone game. I personally think that Central should beat York or Upperman, home or away. Sequatchie should beat York home or away, and I'd pick Sequatchie over Upperman if they had the home court advantage, but it would be a tough win for Sequatchie at Upperman. So, personally, I've got to pull for Central and York. Only 28 more hours till tip off. Then we'll see. Should be a great game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm just going to say, Wednesday's game will be against two of the classiest programs in the state. I have the highest respect for Coach Barker and her team. And since both teams will be going to sub-state, I wish Sequatchie well this coming Saturday. So, for my predictions. Central wins and will host York Saturday, and Sequatchie will travel to Upperman. But, let me say, IF York or Sequatchie wins, there will be a very good chance for our region to send two teams to the 'BORO. I've travelled to see the District 7AA tournament games, as well as York vs Stone game. I personally think that Central should beat York or Upperman, home or away. Sequatchie should beat York home or away, and I'd pick Sequatchie over Upperman if they had the home court advantage, but it would be a tough win for Sequatchie at Upperman. So, personally, I've got to pull for Central and York. Only 28 more hours till tip off. Then we'll see. Should be a great game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Good Luck Chargerettes!

My thoughts on last night's games:

McMinn Central vs Howard

I think Howard gave McMinn Central all they wanted. Howard knocked Kylie Lambert off of her game early in the 2nd quarter and she only had two field goals. She scored 15, but was 10-12 from the free throw line. She was clearly frustrated by Howard. I think McMinn Central was the better team last night. Howard just did not have the guard play that they needed to compete in the region.

Sequatchie Co. vs Sweetwater

Well after the 1st quarter I thought we were about to see a blow out. I was hoping for one. It was 20-6 after the 1st. Then Sequatchie Co. went into a hold the ball mode in the middle of the 2nd quarter. That was a little early. Sweetwater battled back to take the lead 34-33 with three minutes left in the 3rd, but could not hold on to it. You have to give props to Sweetwater for not giving up. You also have to give props to the Lady Indians for playing through adversity. Three players played the whole 4th quarter with four fouls, and another picked up her fourth foul early in the 4th. Once again I think the better team won.

Region 3AA is the only region championship game to feature two number one teams. That has to say something about this region.

Look for a good game tomorrow night. If you are within a 50 mile radius you should make the trip to see this game! East Ridge High school at 6:00pm eastern standard time.

T minus 27 hours, 10 minutes, and some change until tip-off.

I wouldn't say that Howard gave Central all that they wanted. At 70-49 and with Central emptying the bench with 2 minutes on the clock, I'd say Central could have handled a little more. Don't let the fact that the first half looked like "soft rocks in a pasture field" fool ya. That's not the team you're going to see Wednesday. What you saw was a poor shooting night against Howard. Central has had a couple, but never two in a row. The fact that Central played so bad, and still beat Howard is a good sign to me. Oh, Kylie had 17.

You can't knock Howard's girls. they are physical and played with Central for a half. The better team prevailed as did the Indians. I hope the game on wed. will be a classic like last year except the Indians get a little luck like the bank in 3's from central last year. if Seq. can stay out of foul trouble it should go down to the wire. Two class programs !!!!!!

I was present for the Howard Vs. McMinn Central game and I just have to say that McMinn didn't impress me at all. In fact, I seem to think they're not all what they're cut out to be... Sequatchie can win this game if they don't try to stall again like they did against Sweetwater. If the Lady Indians kept playing at the pace they were in the beginning, they would have blew out Sweetwater... As for the game tomorrow I will have to go with Sequatchie due to their post game advantage over McMinn. Ledford and Lockhart should own the paint tomorrow with points and rebounds. Look for alot of Sequatchie Offensive boards...

My Predictions: Sequatchie over McMinn Central and York Institute over Upperman.

Upperman travels to Sequatchie County and McMinn travels to York.

I may be wrong, but I must say these two games will be two of the most high-action match ups of the year. I can't wait to see Sequatchie Vs. McMinn. Rematch of last year.

McMinn will have to keep a watch out for that student section of Sequatchie's. They can put the fire out of any team. They cheer the whole time and get in the players, along with even the refs heads. They are a huge factor in the game.

Good Luck to everyone in the Region, Sub-State, and State...

MC is a very good team, Howard can make a team look bad or not impressive because of how rough they are, look at last week's game with Sequatchie. Central is the best team Sequatchie will have seen besides Cleveland and Seq will have to play their best to get the win, but I'm confident they'll do so.