The Watauga Conference

CDHSKNIGHTS34

Will someone associated with Elizabethton, Happy Valley, South Greene, or Johnson County provide some first-hand info on the games from last night? This thread is way too lopsided.

Well Hustle I can't help you with the lopsidedness, but Unicoi turned the ball over way way way too much. Miller was also not hitting his shots like he normally does nor was Canady. Refs were horrible all night, for everyone. No one can blame any kind of game on the refs though because there were always things you could of done differently or better. Refs and Umpires do not lose games for people. People lose the games.

The Devils travel to Roan Mountain, Tuesday to face off against Cloudland for their last regular season game. Should be a good game, Erwin beat the highlanders early in the season in Unicoi by about 8 or so I believe. Both teams though have improved greatly since their last meeting.

Good Luck Devils.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you were watching the game close enough north got called for walking a couple of times after we were knocked down getting rebounds.....but at least one person for uc knew what was going on. coach english in his interview after the game said that if he had been coach cox he would have had to queston some of the late calls( tricitiessports.com)...and #44 didn`t walk every time he touch the ball or every time he got call walking...besides in the first half if you have a tape to watch of the game #42 for uc stayed camped in the lane for 5 and 6 seconds at a time and never got called when #31 for north drove through the lane and made the shot and got called for 3 sec....i even had a uc fan near me said that if he had been a ref that night he would have been embrassed to be called a ref. at the way they did north the last half of the game. AND THERE WAS NO INTENTIONAL FOULS AT THE END OF THE GAME...i don`t know where you were sitting but the way things were going for north the refs would have loved to have called it. besides i know people want to take up for their team i just wonder how much griping uc fans would have done if north had pulled this out. because even with all that happened north took it to the wire.and if they don`t overlook their games next week the boys (north) want a chance to play uc again. and north had alot of fans there last night cheering our team on..and we liked the way uc gave flowers to ms williams.thanks to thoses who were kind enough to do that for her because she has been through alot this past year but through it all she still has a 4.0 in all her classes. thanks

"intentional" foul as in fouling on purpose to put uc on the line because they were down!!! NOT as in 2 shots and the ball intentional foul! like i said total fouls for game like 16 to 11???? where do u get 30+ to 9??? talk sensible or don't post. quoted in articles are not always exact either. truth is north got majority of calls in 1st half uc got majority in 2nd half.. uc WON THE GAME!!! deal with it!

devils play cloudland on monday and switched with chuckey doak cause doak plays cloudland on tuesday... the highlanders play the leagues 1 and 2.. lol but for the brackets the games Start Friday i made a error girls play thursday. but the times are still at 7.. reports on the other games... happy valley won by a 60 ft buzzer beater.. but the clock keeper kept screwing up.. cause with .6 secound this kid got 2 dribbles in before shot.. thats not possible but the refs didnt catch it so the warriors get win... south greene wins by buzzer beater lay up by shawn martin... hit one free throw then missed secound then martin got rebound and drove in and layed it up at the buzzer.. johnson county has lost 4 striaght...

that valley thing sounds pretty bad, something should be done. they did it when we were there(bad clock control) but obviously it didn't matter in the end. i run clocks for ball games all the time and its not that hard to start a clock especially late in a game when all you have to worry about is starting the clock. this win should get reversed.

"intentional" foul as in fouling on purpose to put uc on the line because they were down!!! NOT as in 2 shots and the ball intentional foul! like i said total fouls for game like 16 to 11???? where do u get 30+ to 9??? talk sensible or don't post. quoted in articles are not always exact either. truth is north got majority of calls in 1st half uc got majority in 2nd half.. uc WON THE GAME!!! deal with it!

my definitions may be different than yours ...i do talk sensible it just depends on which side your on or unless your in person....sometimes you may not believe what you read or hear but after being at the game and reading the quotes in the article both coaches seemed to me to tell the TRUTH to me. and i thought what coach english said showed alot of class about the way he talked about the game and our boys....i`ve dealt with it i just hope we meet again soon.

There are a lot of incorrect reports from the Happy Valley-Elizabethton game.

Whether the clock didn't go off is one thing, but the boy did not dribble at all when taking the shot. It clearly bounced into his hands. I personally think the shot got off in time watching from the crows nest with a view of the clock across the court, but with the two other problems with the clock earlier in the night make you wonder.

Some people have made this thing out to be a grand larceny against Elizabethton. I don't want to tick anybody off from Cyclone country, but check out the video footage of the shot on TriCities.com and judge for yourself. Watch it one time all the way through then go back and pause it when the horn goes off. EHS people and others said that the horn didn't go off until it hit the backboard. The horn clearly begins to go off when the ball is getting into the air.

Happy Valley Shot - Newschannel 11 Footage!

Its torny time.. uncioi lost last night to cloudland.. johnson county lost 5 staright cause north beat them but they are still 3.. Drew a higher number in preson drawings... so they will get 3 4th north 5th south greene.. Chuckey doak cruises to victory aginst cloudland tonight.. tornys start friday..

Any calls for the chamoionship game?

whats the new bracket look like?

good games this week i cant complain

refs wernt too bad

we were loud

why hasnt there been a post in about a week

region bracket looks like this

saturday night

D2#4-gatlinburg-pittman travels to D1#1-unicoi county

D1#3-elizabethton travels to D2#2-pigeon forge

D1#4-sullivan north travels to D2#1-rutledge

D2#3-union county travels to D1#2-johnson county

the winners of the first two games listed play each other in the semi's

the winners of the second two games listed play each other in the semi's

both the semi's are on tuesday at chuckey-doak middle school

then the finals are on thursday at cdms.

only the two teams in the finals advance.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

whats the new bracket look like?

good games this week i cant complain

refs wernt too bad

we were loud

why hasnt there been a post in about a week

Unicoi Fans were very loud last night.

Biggest fan section I have seen in a long time!

Great Job Blue Devils!

Good luck Saturday against Gatlinburg-Pittman

There are a lot of incorrect reports from the Happy Valley-Elizabethton game.

Whether the clock didn't go off is one thing, but the boy did not dribble at all when taking the shot. It clearly bounced into his hands. I personally think the shot got off in time watching from the crows nest with a view of the clock across the court, but with the two other problems with the clock earlier in the night make you wonder.

Some people have made this thing out to be a grand larceny against Elizabethton. I don't want to tick anybody off from Cyclone country, but check out the video footage of the shot on TriCities.com and judge for yourself. Watch it one time all the way through then go back and pause it when the horn goes off. EHS people and others said that the horn didn't go off until it hit the backboard. The horn clearly begins to go off when the ball is getting into the air.

Happy Valley Shot - Newschannel 11 Footage!

WES, how can you justify there even being a shot when Rappert put the shot up under our basket with 2. something seconds left, it rolled around and fell in as time expired!

What justification was there for ref's Mike Whitson, Larry Hutchinson or the other guy to put time back on the clock. How they could ossibly come up with .6 seconds is a joke. Also Keith Burchfield runs the clock for HV and his son plays point guard for HV. I know and like them both but NO parent should ever be in that position at this level, maybe youth club, not here! I think the TSSAA should place an official on all varsity level clocks, it wouldnt cost that much, maybe make it a lower rate than the floor officials make, but something has to be done before someone gets hurt!

I also think the world of Jake Hodge, he's a good kid and made a spectacular shot. If it would have been in regulation or a legitamate OT, I would have hugged his neck and fussed at him for beating us BUT the shot should have never happened, Elizabethton did get rooked and the final score should have been 47-45 Eliz wins! Thats the real truth and the bottomline is everybody that goes down to HV complains about the clock. Dallas Williams needs to take the bull by the horns if he doesnt have people that will!