The Watauga Conference

CDHSKNIGHTS34

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry bout the records i was goin by coach t records when i had the news paper beside me.. kinda forgot its not really 100% records on here... but i agree unicoi has had a great run these last 3 4 5 years... but i think thier defense will catch up with them... the can shoot the lighs out.. but whats goin to happen if miller dont score well or rice or any of them.. they will be in trouble... the reason i picked south greene over them is they have played really good ball here lately.. and getting martin back who put up 18 every night will help them out alot... but it should be a really good rest of the season!!!!

That makes sense. I wasn't sure about the 20% thing. Since the cutoff is 400 in football, what is the cutoff in basketball?

Well I've always kindas wondered that myself vador/. But recently I've found out that there is no set "cut-off." What the T$$AA does is in football, they take all the Division one schools, put there enrolment numbers in oreder, then divide them into 5 equal numbers, or as close to equal as they can get.. So 1A in football isn't anyteam below 400, its just the smallest 1/5 of the schools. And in 2005, that just happened to be 400 out of coincidence. In basketball, i think its somewhere around 455 or 460... But with all these small private schools joining the T$$AA, and the T$$AA keeping the same classifacations, bigger 1A schools are going to start being bumbed up...

Like I said, I think in 2009, Hampton AND Cosby will move up to 2A in football, and North Greene will move back down. In all other sports, I think Hampton will stay in 1A, but they'll be flirting with that 2A mark. And South Greene will be getting close to 1A numbers I think.

Unicoi just demolished Johnson County.

The Longhorns came out fighting but started to run down before the half. During the second quarter, however, the longhorns were dead and Erwin really ran away with the game. Most of the JV were in the game with 5 minutes left. The Devils really came to play tonight. Refs however were sleeping, both teams got a bunch of bad calls. The fans were totally into for both teams. Good Game Blue.

After walking out of happy valley.. happy over a blow out.. i wanted to know that score to unicoi and johnson county.. thinkin i bet this is a very close game... well came home and turned it on to wjhl news and watched sports... and seen that score... WOW never excpeted that one...but great night

Winners

South greene

Chuckey doak

Unicoi

Sullivan North

Losers

Johnson county

Elizabethton

West Greene

happy valley

Unicoi just demolished Johnson County.

The Longhorns came out fighting but started to run down before the half. During the second quarter, however, the longhorns were dead and Erwin really ran away with the game. Most of the JV were in the game with 5 minutes left. The Devils really came to play tonight. Refs however were sleeping, both teams got a bunch of bad calls. The fans were totally into for both teams. Good Game Blue.

I have thought and been saying for a couple of weeks that Unicoi was a much better team than JC. But I thought the Devils would beat JC by about 15 or 20, not 30. That is an impressive score...

actually unicoi county plays unaka on the 3rd. they play johnson county on the 4th. both games are in erwin. also, to help you out just a little more unicoi is 12-2 on the year and that is counting a hall of fame loss to science hill, that they don't have to count. they really should be 12-1 technically. and are you really saying, not that it couldn't happen, that unicoi hasn't lost a conference game in 34 or 35 straight conference games and they are going to lose two in less than a week?????? highly doubt it but like i said it could happen.

unicoi wins both by 8 or more.

im picking elizabethton in the game against south greene - by 4.

west greene and sullivan north will be closer but right winner - sn by 8.

im also picking west greene over happy valley - wg by 2.

and this one im sure of johnson county by 3 over chuckey doak.

that is just a few i disagree with you on. but everyone has their opinion, that is what makes the world go round.

hope everyone has had a good christmas and a good new year. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

all right. i missed the south greene - betsy one. and after seeing johnson county play in unicoi, i'm going to have to switch my pick in the jc-cd game. plus i think it would be better for unicoi for cd to win that one. so, i'm going with cd by 3. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

what a night in the watauga conference. Unicoi beat south greene by 23 @sg to stay undefeated and in first place in the conference. that puts south greene in fourth place having lost to doak even though they are both 4-2 in conference. johnson county beat chuckey doak 59 to 50 @cd to stay in second place and puts doak in third place. coach bayless finally got that 923rd win as happy valley beat west greene. elizabethton got the win over sullivan north to move into the fifth spot in the conference.

standings

unicoi (6-0) & (15-2)

johnson county (5-1) & (9-6)

chuckey doak (4-2) & (12-2)

south greene (4-2) & (8-4)

elizabethton (2-4) & (3-9)

sullivan north (2-4) & (7-8)

happy valley (1-5) & (1-13)

west greene (0-6) & (1-9)

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />