The Watauga Conference

CDHSKNIGHTS34

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a really good team but I would'nt flaunt being a 1A team enrollment wise you would have to move up if this was realignment year. This Hampton team should go a long way. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

if this was the realignment year, Hampton would still be in 1A. They will be an even smaller school next year...

if this was the realignment year, Hampton would still be in 1A. They will be an even smaller school next year...

Vader, do you care to throw some numbers out there? I have heard that Hampton had outgrown their classification for awhile now, I'd like to see the actual break down of their enrollment. However you slice it, Hampton's the real deal in 1A East Tennessee basketball!

Vader, do you care to throw some numbers out there? I have heard that Hampton had outgrown their classification for awhile now, I'd like to see the actual break down of their enrollment. However you slice it, Hampton's the real deal in 1A East Tennessee basketball!

A high ranking Hampton official said the enrollment is at 435, which is not enough to movie them up to 2A. They are graduating a class of a few over 100 this year and will be getting an incoming freshmen class of barely over 80...

I'm A fan of all east tn schools, #1 hampton enrollment not even close but I don't blame them. #2 their basketball team is almost as imprisive as their football team.last night thay played a great second half, johnson county played well until the officals took the game over! two techs. on the same player, johnson county was up 9 and after that it was a 1 pt. game. earley you could tell that jc was the much better team thay held hampton to 17 pts. in the 1st. half. give credit where it is due, hampton came out in the second half along with officals did a really good job.

I'm A fan of all east tn schools, #1 hampton enrollment not even close but I don't blame them. #2 their basketball team is almost as imprisive as their football team.last night thay played a great second half, johnson county played well until the officals took the game over! two techs. on the same player, johnson county was up 9 and after that it was a 1 pt. game. earley you could tell that jc was the much better team thay held hampton to 17 pts. in the 1st. half. give credit where it is due, hampton came out in the second half along with officals did a really good job.

as far as the league the top three are set with jc,uc and chucky doak. the rest of the league is up for grabs. eliz maybe the most ath. of anybody. sullivan north is also a good team but the most dangerous team maybe south greene! somebody from this league will go to the state and maybe two!

Hampton will be in 1A for at least 5 more years. Mark my words. And get your facts straight, one tech was on the coach and the other was on the player that cussed the ref. And you seem to forget the BS intentional foul call of Hampton. So don't say that the refs cost JC the game, it just makes you look stupid. It was clear that Hampton was the better team. That is the worst game they have played this year. If they would have played like that against Unicoi or Grace Christian they would have been beaten by 20...

Excerpt from TSSAA web site, they are above size now but it's not a re-alignment year, maybe they can time it to out-going is more than incoming and stay but my point is you're so close to moving up don't keep posting we're great for such a small A size ... The 1st coolumn 393 is from 2004, then next is 2006...

98 Humboldt High School FB 440 433 433 -1.6%

99 East Robertson High School FB 412 436 436 5.8%

100 Richland High School FB 442 441 441 -0.2%

101 Adamsville High School FB 422 442 442 4.7%

102 Hampton High School FB 393 443 443 12.7%

103 Decatur Co. Riverside High School FB 417 451 451 8.3%

104 * Jackson Christian School FB 371 251 452 21.8% Moves from 1A to 2A (football)

105 Rockwood High School FB 413 455 455 10.2%

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. All Hampton did was beat two strong Watauga Conference teams, regardless of officiating or any other excuse. Classification is a number and, otherwise, plays no other part in what happens on the hardwood. There's no use in exchanging jabs-- just congratulate them on what they earned and say "we'll see you in our house." Vader- thanks for providing the numbers- I wasn't being skeptical as much as I just like to see the facts backed up. Merry Christmas to you all!

Excerpt from TSSAA web site, they are above size now but it's not a re-alignment year, maybe they can time it to out-going is more than incoming and stay but my point is you're so close to moving up don't keep posting we're great for such a small A size ... The 1st coolumn 393 is from 2004, then next is 2006...

98 Humboldt High School FB 440 433 433 -1.6%

99 East Robertson High School FB 412 436 436 5.8%

100 Richland High School FB 442 441 441 -0.2%

101 Adamsville High School FB 422 442 442 4.7%

102 Hampton High School FB 393 443 443 12.7%

103 Decatur Co. Riverside High School FB 417 451 451 8.3%

104 * Jackson Christian School FB 371 251 452 21.8% Moves from 1A to 2A (football)

105 Rockwood High School FB 413 455 455 10.2%

I never said anything about Hampton being a small 1A school. And I thought that Hampton's enrollment has to increase 20%? Is that correct or not?