Lewis Co. vs Hickman Co part 2

footballguy

Playing in Hohenwald is ALWAYS an advantage for the home team...believe me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Go Panthers...show 'em about the real 2A football /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks for the support , it's really appreciated.Youre a real class act.We look forward to maybe seeing you guys in the playoffs.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing in Hohenwald is ALWAYS an advantage for the home team...believe me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Go Panthers...show 'em about the real 2A football /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

we are ready for some of this "2A" football cause it looks like so far we have dominated it.and we will continue to.

Sorry, had to start another thread on this game...the other was getting out of hand.

Most people are looking at the offensive stats to determine the winner. Both teams rely on their running game. Both teams have multiple backs capable of putting up big numbers. Statistically, it's very close...giving the slight edge to HC. See Below

Opponents overall Record

LC = 22-30 HC = 17-34

4 of LC's opponents have winning records (with 2 being 1A schools), HC's 2 (1 being Marshall County)

LC averages 35.4 points a game, HC 40.

Against common opponents, LC 32.5, HC 45.5. I know there has been discussion about how long the first teams have been left in. That cannot be factored in.

In my opinion, the offensive stats are not the key. The defenses will determine this game. And it is scary how close the defensive stats are between the two!

LC gives up 181 yards per game to HC's 199. LC gives up 10.3 points a game to HC's 14.3

Against common opponents, LC averages 173 ypg against to HC's 179. Also, LC's points allowed drops to 7 pg to HC's 14.

Throw out all the stats and numbers, ball control will win this game. Whichever team can control the clock and maintain long drives without turnovers or penalties, they will wear the other defense down. I believe that late in the 3rd Quarter, you will see one offense start to take control and break the others defense down. Defensive fatigue will be the difference.

Once that team takes a late lead or two possession lead, it will force the other to do what they are not good at...throw to catch up. I believe that whoever wins time of possession, wins this game. And it should be a great HS football game.

Just my opinion.

These are some very good stats, but LC and HC both play great defense...so I think it will be a defensive game, turnovers can win a game. 14-7 LC

That is true, we always have to play the refs too.

This is going to be a great game between two very similar teams.

It is really the same thing you get when Camden and Lewis Co. play each other...two well coached teams that play good defense and execute some variation of the wing-t very well.

It will be won like most games are won when good teams play each other...turnovers, penalties, and playmakers.

Good luck to both. I like Hickman County in a close one.

Are you nuts? So home field does not matter thats just crazy!!!!

Exactly how many points does lewis county get on the scoreboard at the Start of the game right before kickoff for playing at HOME... 7,14,21,28 ... Oh wait I forgot the only way a team scores or a game is won or lost are by the kids playing the game NOT the crowd or location..Wait tell me something I may not know, are the end zones bigger when Lewis County has the ball, are the goal post wider, can they play with 14 players on the field when the game is in Hoenwald... Tell me how the game being in Hoenwald will effect the outcome.. PLEASE EXPLAIN.... THE BEST TEAM WILL WIN.... I suppose Georgia would have beaten Tennessee a couple weeks ago if it were in Athens.. NO NO NO not the way both teams played that way they could have played anywhere that DAY tennessee was just better... The field has NO outcome on the game, other than celebrating after a win.. and that being more exciting I.E Kentucky...

If lewis county was such a tough place to play How come they cant win a 3rd or 4th round play off game there when they host?? Heck even sometimes 2nd rounders are tough for them.. again I will tell you why it is who they are playing in these games and not WHERE the game is!!!

If a kid is a true competitor the CROWD NOISE WILL NOT EFFECT HIM....We are NOT talking about 75,000 in a dome we are talking about 6 or 7,000 in hoenwald Tennessee.. I suppose if the noise was so loud swenson may have had them going with a silent count... What a STUPID comment to say that the game being in HOENWALD will have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE OUTCOME.... A true competitor does not worry about outside environment issues. What the world would you want Hickman County to say if they were to get beat "we would have won if it were in Centerville" Crap no that is Low class... The HOme field should not have ANY outcome on this game...

The best team that given night WILL win no matter if they played in Hoenwald, Centerville, Brushy, Aetna, Waynesboro, Murfresboro, or in my back yard... It may be Hickman County It may be Lewis County.... we will find out...

In reading all these posts I have noticed the word "Speed" more so from the Hickman county fans. The important thing to remember is you can have all the "Speed" in the world but getting it past the line of scrimmage is the most important part.

You can also have "Speed" at the wide out position but having time to through the ball is another story.

All the talk is just that "talk", it's funny that the coaches at any leave will tell there players to give the other team respect and not talk bad about them. The reason is they don't want to give the other team anything else use as motivation.

It would be nice if fans would do the same.

I hope and pray that both teams play well and no one gets hurt. For some of these boys it's a once in a lifetime thing. It's doesn't need to be destroyed by a bunch of disrespectful fans.

Go Panthers!