AAA Region Tournament

mjuhb

For what it's worth I have seen all East Tennessee teams still alive play plus Beech, Hendersonville, Collierville and Houston. The midstate bracket is my best guess.

Science Hill over Morristown West (4-0)

Greeneville over DB (3-1)

Bearden over West (5-0)

Farragut over Oak Ridge (3-0)

Ooltewah over Cleveland (2-1)

Soddy Daisy over McMinn (3-0)

Riverdale over Shelbyville (4-1)

siegel over Tullahoma (3-0)

Hendersonville over Henry Co.

Beech over Clarksville

Ravenwood over McGavock (6-0)

Franklin over Hunters Lane (7-0)

Bolton over Liberty (just a feeling)

Millington over Brighton (??????)

Houston over Memphis Central (8-0)

Collierville over Melrose (7-0)

State Picks: Bearden & Farragut, Riverdale & siegel, Franklin & ???, Houston & Collierville

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All due respet, Wildcat, my sentiment means just what it says. I have coached against Plummer and respect him. He is a solid coach. His teams are well disciplined, well organized, and he maximizes the talent that he has. And he always seems to have his teams (boys and girls) ready for the postseason. Girls: 2006 state semifinalists, 2004 state quarter-finalists, 2003 state finalist, 2002 state quarters (loss to state champ by one goal), 2001 state quarters. Boys: 2007 state quarters, 2006 state finalist, 2005 state finalist, 2004 state quarters. That looks like a pretty good record to me.

I see little reason for you to underhandly bash a coach as highly regarded as Russ is in the state by slamming the region he is in. Coaches don't control the districts or regions we are in. So, we go out and win our districts and win our regions. Are you a player/parent/ or coach? Your perspective might help clarify your remarks. There is an ebb and flow to soccer seasons. Regions are strong at times and weak at times. Perhaps you would care to enlighten me with your thoughts and leave me in awe of your brilliance by ranking the regions as you see them:

I don't know coach Russ personally, but I do know that everytime we have played Hendersonville it's battle on the field. That for me is enough for me.

Guest cableguy

All due respet, Wildcat, my sentiment means just what it says. I have coached against Plummer and respect him. He is a solid coach. His teams are well disciplined, well organized, and he maximizes the talent that he has. And he always seems to have his teams (boys and girls) ready for the postseason. Girls: 2006 state semifinalists, 2004 state quarter-finalists, 2003 state finalist, 2002 state quarters (loss to state champ by one goal), 2001 state quarters. Boys: 2007 state quarters, 2006 state finalist, 2005 state finalist, 2004 state quarters. That looks like a pretty good record to me.

I see little reason for you to underhandly bash a coach as highly regarded as Russ is in the state by slamming the region he is in. Coaches don't control the districts or regions we are in. So, we go out and win our districts and win our regions. Are you a player/parent/ or coach? Your perspective might help clarify your remarks. There is an ebb and flow to soccer seasons. Regions are strong at times and weak at times. Perhaps you would care to enlighten me with your thoughts and leave me in awe of your brilliance by ranking the regions as you see them:

wonder who wildcatrowdy really is?

There are a few regions that might be considered weak in the big scheme of things, as it seems to be the same teams competing for state title in the Regionals/Sectionals/State tourney year after year. That is really a terrible thing to say, it is almost as bad as someone calling a player a "scrub" or saying "shutupyouidiot".

I say that there are a lot of talented kids playing soccer in our state, and they all attend various high schools in the state. And some coaches just benefit from being in the best geographical situation, thus giving them all the talent in the county they reside in. Does that make them a better coach than someone who has a team of good players, versus great club players? No it does not.

and as far as Hendersonville goes, they are always a strong competitor and no one should ever take that away from them. Perhaps wildcat might want to watch where he is throwing those rocks.

Show me the coach that teachs the kids to function as A TEAM and that is what is great. If you have a group of kids that are united and acting as one unit, that is great.

wonder who wildcatrowdy really is?

There are a few regions that might be considered weak in the big scheme of things, as it seems to be the same teams competing for state title in the Regionals/Sectionals/State tourney year after year. That is really a terrible thing to say, it is almost as bad as someone calling a player a "scrub" or saying "shutupyouidiot".

I say that there are a lot of talented kids playing soccer in our state, and they all attend various high schools in the state. And some coaches just benefit from being in the best geographical situation, thus giving them all the talent in the county they reside in. Does that make them a better coach than someone who has a team of good players, versus great club players? No it does not.

and as far as Hendersonville goes, they are always a strong competitor and no one should ever take that away from them. Perhaps wildcat might want to watch where he is throwing those rocks.

Show me the coach that teachs the kids to function as A TEAM and that is what is great. If you have a group of kids that are united and acting as one unit, that is great.

cableguy- not sure by your question/post if you are unhappy with something I have typed or if you were speaking solely to wildcat. Be that as it may, I do agree with you, which is why I do believe Russ to be a great coach.

franklin 7-0 hunters lane

ravenwood 10-0 mcgavock

Question: why in heavens name do you run a score up 10-0 on some one? stats? Ego?

I've noticed on Euro there are quite abit of scores that got out of hand. Is the art of calling off the dogs for the sake of sportsmanship dead. Whats wrong when your up 5-0 and the other team has'nt crossed the half line to pull your stars, or to tell your team they can only score with headers, work on switching the ball in the back.

I WARN you these other programs will remember the beating and what comes around goes around.

Please I would like to hear your commits. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Question: why in heavens name do you run a score up 10-0 on some one? stats? Ego?

I've noticed on Euro there are quite abit of scores that got out of hand. Is the art of calling off the dogs for the sake of sportsmanship dead. Whats wrong when your up 5-0 and the other team has'nt crossed the half line to pull your stars, or to tell your team they can only score with headers, work on switching the ball in the back.

I WARN you these other programs will remember the beating and what comes around goes around.

Please I would like to hear your commits. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

As far as Franklin is concerned vs. Hunters Lane tonight the game was played in a down pour the starters played approx. 15 mins of a 80 minute game. The rest of the game was played with freshman and JV players. Also, at the end of the game Jimmy Burchett had systematical pulled a player every so often too where at the end of the game it was 6 players from Franklin and 10 players from Hunters Lane on the field WHAT ELSE IS A COACH SUPPOSED TOO DO ???

He did the same against Overton High. The Metro Nashville schools will never compete with the williamson co. schools until they establish a club program within Nashville