White Station 49 Woodale 14

Spartansfan

We were fortunate to have the weather hold off for us last night at Halle. Woodale's defense was a bit stingey in the early going, but our offense did hit it's stride in getting a 29-6 haltime lead. I don't have any stats for the game, but Derrion Sanders had a good night running the ball. Jeff link kept the offense balanced by adding a nice arial attack. Overall, it was a good team effort, and a great night for football! We travel to Collierville next Friday.

We were fortunate to have the weather hold off for us last night at Halle. Woodale's defense was a bit stingey in the early going, but our offense did hit it's stride in getting a 29-6 haltime lead. I don't have any stats for the game, but Derrion Sanders had a good night running the ball. Jeff link kept the offense balanced by adding a nice arial attack. Overall, it was a good team effort, and a great night for football! We travel to Collierville next Friday.

Good to see a White Station thread. I do not live close enough to watch any games but I do check out the web-site. Any information which you are willing to put on here would be appreciated. As a former Spartan (Class of 81) I am very interested in all of the Spartan programs and very hopeful that we can get to Murfreesboro so I can see a game. What are your thoughts on the game next week? Thanks in advance and GO SPARTANS!!!

Good to see a White Station thread. I do not live close enough to watch any games but I do check out the web-site. Any information which you are willing to put on here would be appreciated. As a former Spartan (Class of 81) I am very interested in all of the Spartan programs and very hopeful that we can get to Murfreesboro so I can see a game. What are your thoughts on the game next week? Thanks in advance and GO SPARTANS!!!

I wish the board did have more west Tn participation. We don't have the historical success the central and east areas have, and I guess that is part of it. But we do have good reason to talk it up amongst ourselves regarding local games. I also think we have some serious state level contenders this year. It would be great to see a west rep in the title game.

If I look at our upcoming games (Collierville and Houston), I see 2 teams that could beat us. They are both quality teams. However, if we play our game, and do what we do by continueing to execute and playing disciplined football, we should be fine. So much rides on the mental state of our players, and the opponents. They are big games for all involved as Collierville needs some wins to get into the playoffs, Houston would love to have momentum going in, as would White Station.

I know our players won't be overlooking these next two games, and the coaches will have them well prepared. So they should be fun to watch, and have a favorable result.

Regarding the possible trip to Murfreesboro, I hope we can get there too!

Glad to see you try and keep up with your alma mater. The website is great, and I know I visit it several times a week. It gives me that little 'fix' to get from Friday to Friday. In case you aren't aware, you can follow the photos link to see pics of each game too.

Next week's game will be tough. Collierville is always a hard fought contest, the more so at home. This will be a test for us. We are in the home stretch and the last two games ( this one, followed by Houston) are critical for us.

Last year we played at Colliervile also. Wonder why we have 2 yrs in a row at their field? I guess it's not too big a thing for us though, because we normally have so many fans show up, the home field advantage isn't very apparent. I think C'ville has improved a bit over last season, so I expect we'll have our hands full.

Thanks for the information. I have wondered over the last couple of years why there did not seem to be much interest on Coacht about the Spartans, especially with their success as of late. I have always made it to Murfreesboro to watch us win basketball championships in the past so it would be great for the football program to follow suit. I will not get ahead of myself. Let's take them one at a time.

I was actually back at the school last year for the 25th anniversary of the State Championship Baseball team from 1981. Sure brought back alot of good memories. It's always great to be a SPARTAN!!!

THANKS AGAIN, I'll keep an eye on the boards.

Thanks for the information. I have wondered over the last couple of years why there did not seem to be much interest on Coacht about the Spartans, especially with their success as of late. I have always made it to Murfreesboro to watch us win basketball championships in the past so it would be great for the football program to follow suit. I will not get ahead of myself. Let's take them one at a time.

I was actually back at the school last year for the 25th anniversary of the State Championship Baseball team from 1981. Sure brought back alot of good memories. It's always great to be a SPARTAN!!!

THANKS AGAIN, I'll keep an eye on the boards.

I think with Major Wright and his staff, we'll find ourselves in Murfreesboro at some point. He runs a top quality program, and his assistant coaches are on the same page with him. The players buy into the program also. He's brought WSHS up from a pretty low spot in its football history, and I don't see anything in the way of WSHS from being a consistent contender for state.

I think most people from this area tend to combine posts on existing threads, for example, we may have a topic going on Whitehaven, and get some White Station chatter mixed in with that. Hopefully more west Tn people will join in this fun here though. kwc is very knowledgeable, and while he's a Whitehaven fan, he has a very unbiased approach towards his comments and posts plenty about teams from this area. Stuman is another guy I follow pretty closely here. He's a Spartan fan, and keeps things clean and on topic. I look forward to seeing you jump in when you can!

You know, I am not really sure why there are not more West Tennessee posters. I am sure a whole slew of jokes could be made, but it would be nice to hear from more fans from regions 7 and 8; 5a , for example. There are some good CBHS posters, and a smattering of others here and there, but not as many as I would like.

There were several Ridgeway fans I liked reading, but they have disappeared.

You know, I am not really sure why there are not more West Tennessee posters. I am sure a whole slew of jokes could be made, but it would be nice to hear from more fans from regions 7 and 8; 5a , for example. There are some good CBHS posters, and a smattering of others here and there, but not as many as I would like.

Just keep up the good work in West Tn. Stuman. I will continue to spread the word on the Spartans in Middle Tennessee. Most of the knowledgable sports fans in Middle Tenn. are familiar with the Spartans success in basketball because of so many trips to the state tournament. I feel sure that with Coach Wright at the healm we will be noticed more around the state. I will do my part here.

Most of us Ridgeway fans that used to post have kids that have graduated and moved on. I still get on here to see what is going on but I don't post as much because I am not at the games every Friday night. Being a WSHS alum, I always look to see what is going on with WS. Coach Wright has done a great job building the program. Hope they are able to make it to Murfreesboro this year!