State AAA Pools

clifford20

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be the weakest state tournement field............. ever?

Let me guess. Brentwood - easily?

don't know about easy but I can't disagree. Looks like the final 4 will come from two districts!!Congrats to Munford but are you serious? Weak weak weak West Tennessee

Friday's semi's:

Centennial over Science Hill (or maybe more experienced Ooltewah?)

Brentwood over Dobyns-Bennett (or maybe home favorite Siegel?)

(11AAA vs 1AAA - no respect for West TN VB)

Final

Brentwood over Centennial

Doesn't taste good, but drinking the 11AAA Kool-Aid.

Or, maybe I should say wine.

This may be the weakest state tournement field............. ever?

Let me guess. Brentwood - easily?

Cat, you very well may be right and it could be or could not be easily. This format certainly is to their advantage. But any format is to their advantage. They have a bracket which is somewhat unknown to them as they may not have played anyone except possibly OHS or been in a tournament with them. But the other side of that is they haven't seen Brentwood either except OHS High School. After seeing both of them play, it will be a good match but it seems Brentwood and OHS would be favored. The other bracket has teams which have played each other during the year whether it be at the Blastoff , FR Invitational or Midstate. There are no surprises here at it comes down to who is playing the best at the time. Centenial comes out of 11AAA and has beaten Brentwood this year. Siegel beat Brentwood very early in the year when they were not playing well 2-1 . Dobbs Bennett has been playing well of late as has OHS. Matches in this pool will be very good but the final two, judgement says, will be Centenial and one of the other three Schools. Brentwood likely will be favored but not easily, but why should they not be favored. They have won it so many times it has become commonplace. They have the quietest superstar in the state but that is the way Coach Campbell operates.

Cat, anything can happen in VB in the state but in Tennessee, its very predictable most of the time in AAA.

Hey Cat,

What about CHS (Culleoka of course)...really thought they would make a run.

Cliff, I'm really glad to see you posting again but am especially proud to know that you have at least been reading!!

I don't know if you remember or not but last year at the state tournament when you, me and the "coach" were talking and how we discussed y'all getting back to state next year (this year).....................

Congratulations, play hard and Good Luck but please take it easy on Ooltewah if y'all get the chance to meet after pool play!

Cliff, I'm really glad to see you posting again but am especially proud to know that you have at least been reading!!

I don't know if you remember or not but last year at the state tournament when you, me and the "coach" were talking and how we discussed y'all getting back to state next year (this year).....................

Congratulations, play hard and Good Luck but please take it easy on Ooltewah if y'all get the chance to meet after pool play!

I think OHS has a great shot. They are a very, very good team. So strong physically.

This Siegel team is very special--far beyond the volleyball court. I know that Coach Slaughter is very proud of her team. People just don't understand how difficult it is to even get to the state. Some programs make it look easy, but we both know it isn't! I still haven't came down from that Red Bank game. They were really good.

I look forward to the day when the Owls (and Stars) can get them a state championhsip. Just hope it isn't through Siegel!!

Good to see Georgetown doing well!

Hey Cat,

Culleoka was a little down this year. I am not sure why people joke about Culleoka. They have a lot of talent and with the right mix of players, they could beat almost any middle school team - except for maybe all the middle school teams in the Brentwood, Franklin and the Murfreesboro area.

Hey Cat,

Clifford,

This Siegel team is the least talented team you have had in the last 4 years. The coaches and players derserve a lot of credit for making it to state again.

In addition to the hard work and dedication of your coaches and team, I would have to say there are 3 primary reasons you are going to have a very good chance to make it to the Final 4.

1. As stated in a previous post, teams are very weak this year. Talent must be more spread out with more players playing club.

2. Club - It must be nice to live in an area where your players can afford to join volleyball country clubs (Where parents sip wine). Club players have a distinct advantage over non-club players and you have them on your team.

3. Best Libero in the state - Defense wins ball games

It is kind of sad that one district tournament was way stronger than the state tournament field.

By the way, Cookeville could have made a run to get to the Final 4, but they couldn't compete past that one district that dominates. Who is that?

Announcements