Lady Owls vs. Clevelend

MVM

All year long I watched Cleveland fans and the Lady Owl fans go at each other with their comments on different threads. Everything from who should be ranked higher to who has each other played (or not played). Cleveland won the first meeting at the Owls nest 2-1, with the Lady Owls controlling much of the game, but I want to know as a High School soccer fan what everyone else's thoughts are on this upcoming BARN BURNER. I LOVE REGIONS. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All year long I watched Cleveland fans and the Lady Owl fans go at each other with their comments on different threads. Everything from who should be ranked higher to who has each other played (or not played). Cleveland won the first meeting at the Owls nest 2-1, with the Lady Owls controlling much of the game, but I want to know as a High School soccer fan what everyone else's thoughts are on this upcoming BARN BURNER. I LOVE REGIONS. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I've seen both teams play this year, and Ooltewah certainly has the talent to beat Cleveland. Both teams, however, have much of their offensive threat tied up in one dominant player. The key for either team to win is to shut that one player down.

I'll predict Ooltewah 2, Cleveland 1

I actually disagree with this. I believe small fields allow less skilled teams to pack the back and box. Large fields allow teams to spread the defense. Just personal opinion (though based on previous experiences).

G, you stole my thunder. I was just typing the exact same thing. This has been my experience as well. In Chattanooga, there is a particular field that strong teams hate to play on because the game becomes long ball for eighty minutes (every time either team tries to use the width of the field, the ball ends up out of bounds).

In Chattanooga, there is a particular field that strong teams hate to play on because the game becomes long ball for eighty minutes (every time either team tries to use the width of the field, the ball ends up out of bounds).

Can't be talking about Notre dame...

Prediction Ooltewah 3 - Cleveland 0

G, you stole my thunder. I was just typing the exact same thing. This has been my experience as well. In Chattanooga, there is a particular field that strong teams hate to play on because the game becomes long ball for eighty minutes (every time either team tries to use the width of the field, the ball ends up out of bounds).

now...imagine a large wood fence on one side of the field and the sweeper keeps kicking the only game ball over that fence into a large tree to take time off the clock....

Can't be talking about Notre dame...

Notre Dame's stinky field is the worst kept secret in Chattanooga Soccer. If it weren't for the extra students that generally only come to home games, I wouldn't mind Notre Dame playing their home games elsewhere. We don't practice on the field (we practice at Redoubt soccer complex 10 miles from school), so it's not like our girls are particularly used to it either. Also, if we moved, we'd lose our announcer, which I think does a great job announcing good plays from both teams, shots, saves, throw-ins, substitutions, etc.

Hmmm...having been to Notre Dame, I would concur that the field is not ideal. I wound not agree, however, with the assessment of the announcer. His play-by-play (and I do mean a play-by-play) drives my up the wall. But hey, to each his own. I suppose some fans might find it helpful.

Off subjuct I know, but what is up with rap music at ND with the cussing in the song. Does'nt anyone preview the songs before they BLAR them over the speakers.

I've seen both teams play this year, and Ooltewah certainly has the talent to beat Cleveland. Both teams, however, have much of their offensive threat tied up in one dominant player. The key for either team to win is to shut that one player down.

I'll predict Ooltewah 2, Cleveland 1

To DonC's point, both teams have dominant scorers in Morgan Shelton for Ooltewah and Emily Jones for Cleveland. Both teams have very good players other than the aforementioned players but these two will probably decide who wins the game. I think defensively Ooltewah has a very strong back line and they will focus on Emily and trying to shut her down. As far a single offensive player, Emily has been the best I have seen all year creating 1 on 1 matchups where she takes the ball to the net and scores. Which really creates the matchup for the game; Ooltewah's defense vs Emily Jones. Morgan will do her best to also create the 1 v 1 matchups and she is capable of scoring lots of goals if teams do not watch her all the time. This should be a great game and Emily loves playing @ the Lee Univ. field.

I'll predict Cleveland 2 Ooltewah 1