Mt.Juliet@Clarksville

Golfendude

you're an idiot if you think thats why mj lost, the calls were going both ways. the off pass interf was a good call and when chs fumbled on the fake punt, it was clear he was down but they still ruled fumble. calls leaned toward mj if anyone

This is exactly what I would have expected you to say. I won't sink to your level and play the childish game of name calling, but that doesn't change the fact that the calls were not going both ways in my opinion.... I just hope we get another shot at it...I am not trying to take away from this Clarksville team, they are a hard nosed football team.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great high school football game for both teams. I will say however, the offensive pass interference call against the Bears was incredulous. The pass was thrown as a jump ball. Both the receiver and defender were facing the ball as it was coming down. The receiver and defenders legs got tangled up as both were looking back for the ball. This was incidental contact pure and simple and the back judge who threw the flag was 20 yards away while the official who had the play right in front of him spotted it as a completion. The body language of the official who did not flag the play told it all. His arms were folded and his head down as the back judge came in with the flag. While that was a critical play that in the situation should have been a no-call, Mt. Juliet had their opportunities to put Clarksville away early and failed to do so. Both teams will move on to the playoffs and make some noise for the region. Good luck Clarksville and I hope we meet again.

After reading the thread, I have a comment to make on the officiating for both teams. First congratulations to Clarksville on their win. MJ, you have nothing to be bitter about. You have also had a great year. Now, on to the officiating. MJ fans have no room to criticize another team regarding the homegrown officiating crew. Look back at the homegrown calls at your game against Kenwood, and from what I have read and heard the Beech game was just as bad. Incidental contact between defenders and receivers, a flagged picked up for a delay of game call (still do not get that one, either the time ran off the clock or it didn't), inadvertent whistles, poor spotting of the ball, a right foot spot standard becomes a left foot spot when it is convenient for the home team. These are only to name a few. CHS gets a homegrown officiating advantage regardless of what field they play on in the city of Clarksville. Maybe the TSSAA should discuss this with some of the officials in the area. They are pretty open to discuss their dislike for Kenwood and Coach Bauer and have admitted to people that they call the game closer for the Knights than they do for their opponents. *Note* to the officials of the Clarksville area, two referees to be specific, keep your mouth shut when you are planning a team's failure because your ticked off by comments made by the coach, you never know who may be listening. I will use the CHS at Kenwood game at as the example. Home team can't get an official time out for a measurement of 4th and maybe an inch, but the visiting team gets an official time out for a measurement on 4th and 2?, a phantom holding call made by the official on the complete opposite side of the field that results in a touchdown being called back (even the official standing right in front of the alleged hold didn't see it, oh, and it wasn't on the tape either), an unnecessary roughness call 50 yards behind the play called when one lineman gives another a push in the shoulder (push being an over exaggerated term), no unnecessary roughness calls for the continuous extra curricular hits to the offensive players ribs after the player is down and just general dirty play by the Cats (there are a couple of great pictures (numbers 4 http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs....Params=Itemnr=4 and 7 http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs....Params=Itemnr=7 of 14) of Terry O'Neal proving my point on the Leaf Chronicle website, also the crap that #55 from the Knight's twisting ankles on the bottom of the pile are completely false, I have seen the tape. Again these are only to name a few. I am not bitter over losing to both teams. Both of you showed up to play and won the games. However, I can not read these boards without putting in my own opinion when two teams, who always get the benefit of homegrown officiating, snipe at one another when they need to be thinking of the next game. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

BigShu. I'm not the type to use the word "homegrown" officiating. The guy simply missed the call, a critical call because he was out of position. All this crap from the stands, "how much they paying you",etc.. is old and stupid. Like I said, Mt. Juliet had their chances and the score should have been 14-0 after the 1st. Coach Perry will re-group these kids and have them ready for a deep playoff run. Good Luck to all of region 6-4AAAA.

After reading the thread, I have a comment to make on the officiating for both teams. First congratulations to Clarksville on their win. MJ, you have nothing to be bitter about. You have also had a great year. Now, on to the officiating. MJ fans have no room to criticize another team regarding the homegrown officiating crew. Look back at the homegrown calls at your game against Kenwood, and from what I have read and heard the Beech game was just as bad. Incidental contact between defenders and receivers, a flagged picked up for a delay of game call (still do not get that one, either the time ran off the clock or it didn't), inadvertent whistles, poor spotting of the ball, a right foot spot standard becomes a left foot spot when it is convenient for the home team. These are only to name a few. CHS gets a homegrown officiating advantage regardless of what field they play on in the city of Clarksville. Maybe the TSSAA should discuss this with some of the officials in the area. They are pretty open to discuss their dislike for Kenwood and Coach Bauer and have admitted to people that they call the game closer for the Knights than they do for their opponents. *Note* to the officials of the Clarksville area, two referees to be specific, keep your mouth shut when you are planning a team's failure because your ticked off by comments made by the coach, you never know who may be listening. I will use the CHS at Kenwood game at as the example. Home team can't get an official time out for a measurement of 4th and maybe an inch, but the visiting team gets an official time out for a measurement on 4th and 2?, a phantom holding call made by the official on the complete opposite side of the field that results in a touchdown being called back (even the official standing right in front of the alleged hold didn't see it, oh, and it wasn't on the tape either), an unnecessary roughness call 50 yards behind the play called when one lineman gives another a push in the shoulder (push being an over exaggerated term), no unnecessary roughness calls for the continuous extra curricular hits to the offensive players ribs after the player is down and just general dirty play by the Cats (there are a couple of great pictures (numbers 4 http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs....Params=Itemnr=4 and 7 http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs....Params=Itemnr=7 of 14) of Terry O'Neal proving my point on the Leaf Chronicle website, also the crap that #55 from the Knight's twisting ankles on the bottom of the pile are completely false, I have seen the tape. Again these are only to name a few. I am not bitter over losing to both teams. Both of you showed up to play and won the games. However, I can not read these boards without putting in my own opinion when two teams, who always get the benefit of homegrown officiating, snipe at one another when they need to be thinking of the next game. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> MY GOODNESS it's not the players belly aching it's the Dad's and Mom's. Clarksville Wildcats 2007 team is SPECIAL they should be unbeaten but i'll leave that alone. Once we get through next week and get into the playoff's lets see what kind of excuses you can come up with then for them winning. The Bears had there chances last night they just could not execute them against a better Wildcat defense. Game Over. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As good as this Region 6 has been in the last few years lets keep it that way. I can tell you this get ready for the Cats to be where they are again next year. This CHS team is just starting to build some good stuff for the future. The Cats will be a power house for sometime come. If parents get there kids to put in the WORK.. You kids have to love it and if you do then go get it. Hit them weights run those sprints build you a routine and stay with it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> MY GOODNESS it's not the players belly aching it's the Dad's and Mom's. Clarksville Wildcats 2007 team is SPECIAL they should be unbeaten but i'll leave that alone. Once we get through next week and get into the playoff's lets see what kind of excuses you can come up with then for them winning. The Bears had there chances last night they just could not execute them against a better Wildcat defense. Game Over. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As good as this Region 6 has been in the last few years lets keep it that way. I can tell you this get ready for the Cats to be where they are again next year. This CHS team is just starting to build some good stuff for the future. The Cats will be a power house for sometime come. If parents get there kids to put in the WORK.. You kids have to love it and if you do then go get it. Hit them weights run those sprints build you a routine and stay with it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If i remember right..You guys were the ones complaining abou how ditry,,,Kenwood is...and umm..ur a parent..sounds like belly aching from a chs dad to me...but yall play a good game...way to bend and not break..Kenwood well see you in the second round of the playoffs..I think all the 6-4a teams will win there 1st round games..as long as Beech and Us show up to play at Hillsborro and Maplewood...Hopefully well see you agian but we need win this week first...Good luck to you cats...Win out so we can see you again...Innercity playoff game would be great for the city of clarksville

If i remember right..You guys were the ones complaining abou how ditry,,,Kenwood is...and umm..ur a parent..sounds like belly aching from a chs dad to me...but yall play a good game...way to bend and not break..Kenwood well see you in the second round of the playoffs..I think all the 6-4a teams will win there 1st round games..as long as Beech and Us show up to play at Hillsborro and Maplewood...Hopefully well see you agian but we need win this week first...Good luck to you cats...Win out so we can see you again...Innercity playoff game would be great for the city of clarksville

YEAH you know who iam so what's your point. The only thing i said was what my son told me about 55 trying to turn his ankle in a pile. What i told him was he should return the favor someway or another he did. Don't talk about clean play if you don't play it. Just give them Cats the respect they would be giving you. I know i would and have in the last 4 years, to other teams. WILDCATS ARE THE BIG CATS OF 6-4A. Its that simple /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Again Golfen you are not reading close enough. I'm not bellyaching. I am telling what I viewed in the videos of the games and what was heard coming from the mouth of the officials. I take nothing away from either CHS or MJ. Both showed up to the game Kenwood played against them and won the games. In the end all games are won between the lines by the players. I have watched with great interest over the last four years also and have seen entirely too many picked up flags, inadvertent whistles, penalties called by officials who are on the opposite side or end of the field and plain out of position calling penalties that are not theirs to call, and just plain bad officiating by certain officials.

The officiating over the last 4 years has been bad enough that I am willing to step up and make a change for the area. That is why now that my son will be graduating and moving on, I will be taking the officials test and become certified to call the games myself here in the region. You see, I am not one who will sit idly by and merely criticize and whine in the message boards. I will get off my rear end and make a difference now that I can effect change in the Region without someone accusing me of cheating for the benefit of my son's team. You won't be able to miss me when you see me on the field. I am the one with the TiVo memory for rules, same as I have in my chosen profession, who will call the game the way it was intended to be called. Fair and impartial to both teams on the field regardless of what the coaches are quoted as saying in the local news. Also just as a precursor warning to all the coaches who read this, the plays stop when the whistle blows and the games end when the final horn sounds. Teach your players to respect the game and its??™ rules. All the hot dogging, dirty play and extra curricular activities to include the lack of respect for the officials and will not be tolerated in the coming seasons. Good luck to all the Region teams in week 10 and on into November.

you're an idiot if you think thats why mj lost, the calls were going both ways. the off pass interf was a good call and when chs fumbled on the fake punt, it was clear he was down but they still ruled fumble. calls leaned toward mj if anyone

oh.. so clarksville's refs took over that game? kinda like the way MJ's refs took over bech and mjs game... and handed MJ everything.. even the so called eninverted whistle when beech recovered a mj fumble.. and didnt get the turnover cause of the whistle.. what goes around comes around.. but i look at it this way... clarksville =region champs, beech only gave up 83 totals yards to the region champs.. hmm... what does that say? region 6 is a tough region.. and it comes down to any giving sunday... good job clarksville on your win over the bears... heard it was a good one

oh.. so clarksville's refs took over that game? kinda like the way MJ's refs took over bech and mjs game... and handed MJ everything.. even the so called en inverted whistle when beech recovered a mj fumble.. and didnt get the turnover cause of the whistle.. what goes around comes around.. but i look at it this way... clarksville =region champs, beech only gave up 83 totals yards to the region champs.. hmm... what does that say? region 6 is a tough region.. and it comes down to any giving sunday... good job clarksville on your win over the bears... heard it was a good one

Again Golfen you are not reading close enough. I'm not bellyaching. I am telling what I viewed in the videos of the games and what was heard coming from the mouth of the officials. I take nothing away from either CHS or MJ. Both showed up to the game Kenwood played against them and won the games. In the end all games are won between the lines by the players. I have watched with great interest over the last four years also and have seen entirely too many picked up flags, inadvertent whistles, penalties called by officials who are on the opposite side or end of the field and plain out of position calling penalties that are not theirs to call, and just plain bad officiating by certain officials.

The officiating over the last 4 years has been bad enough that I am willing to step up and make a change for the area. That is why now that my son will be graduating and moving on, I will be taking the officials test and become certified to call the games myself here in the region. You see, I am not one who will sit idly by and merely criticize and whine in the message boards. I will get off my rear end and make a difference now that I can effect change in the Region without someone accusing me of cheating for the benefit of my son's team. You won't be able to miss me when you see me on the field. I am the one with the TiVo memory for rules, same as I have in my chosen profession, who will call the game the way it was intended to be called. Fair and impartial to both teams on the field regardless of what the coaches are quoted as saying in the local news. Also just as a precursor warning to all the coaches who read this, the plays stop when the whistle blows and the games end when the final horn sounds. Teach your players to respect the game and its??™ rules. All the hot dogging, dirty play and extra curricular activities to include the lack of respect for the officials and will not be tolerated in the coming seasons. Good luck to all the Region teams in week 10 and on into November.

HEY i can't disagree with that. We are all about fair play here. I really did not know it was that big of a problem until these last few games. Since you seem to be in the know BIG how about these playoff games. Where will these Refs, come from? I'm looking forward to watching this game on Tuesday nights Charter channel 9 at 7pm. And going back over the Kenwood game recorded to check this out closely. Is there anywhere on that game BIG that you could point out? I have to say this though it frustrating to lose and sometimes you over look some good played football as well. What we are looking forward to now is how this playoff thing will shake out. You have any insight on that, should be fun and wishing all the region teams good luck in them. Wildcats are ready for them. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

sir i don't know u but i think ur in a for a shock if u think its that easy. you will see just hiw hard it is to see everything at one time. im glad u think u can help but to fans ebery call u make will be wrong and there will be alot that u miss. its easy to say what happened when ur looking at a video but at full speed in flash lets see how good u are u talk agood game but once u put on the stripes u will see .