JCS Weekly Report

JaxMan

Every year the crowds are huge, the parking impossible and the emotions high...it time for the JCS-USJ game...having been rivals for many years, dominated by USJ for so long but in recent years by JCS, this game is always a big night for both schools...seperated by just a few miles...both with great players who go to church together, hang out together, many inter-school couples dating...yet on this night in-town rivals...

JCS took the openning kickoff and marched 75 yds on great passing and running...the highlight came when Matt Hudson threw a perfect pass to Grizzell...Issac was covered well but kept his concentration and hauled in the grab with the defenders hand in his face then raced to the end zone covering 62 yds and giving JCS a 7-0 lead...on USJ's second snap from scrimage JCS Linebacker David Payne picked off a Hardegree pass and the Eagle offense was in business again...Hudson found Tanner Perkins in the end zone from 27 yards out and the Eagles had taken a quick 14-0 lead...

The Bruins drove deep into Eagle territory only to have JCS make a goal line stand and take the ball back on their own 2...late in the 1st quarter Cody Jones knocked home a F/G to give JCS a 17-0 lead at the end of the first quarter...The Eagles were not thru however, Hudson hit Perkins midway through the 2nd quarter from 21 yds out pushing the JCS advantage to 24-0...with 18 seconds remaining in the half Bill Hardegree hit Danny Smigieski on a 31 yd pass and Will Purcell hit the PAT to cut the Eagles lead to 24-7 at the break...The 3rd quarter saw Hudson and Zach White take control of the running game and was capped by a 1 yd run by Hudson making it 31-7...the 4th quarter was almost a replay as White and Hudson continued to chew up the clock and the yds on the ground...Hudson capped the night with a 16 yd sprit for a score giving the Eagles a 38-7 lead...with 2 minutes rmaining Jake Overby hit Smigieski from 23 yds out to make the final JCS 38 USJ 14...

Player of the Game

Matt Hudson...he carried his offense with 360 total yds 2 rushing TD's and 3 passing TD's...

Honorable Mentions

Zach White...critical runs to keep JCS moving all night

Issac Grizzell...big grabs and some unbelievable catches one for a score

David Payne...tons of hits and a key interception

Josh Aldridge...2 sacks and tons of big hits

Tanner Perkins...key catches and 2 TD's

Post Script...all week much was made of this being Hudson's return to USJ...Matt downplayed it all week but you knew it had to be a big game for him and you had to be happy with the way he performed...after the game I asked him if this one was espacially big to win especially here at Kirkland field...and in typical Matt fashion all I got was a smile...a big one...

Next Week...with JCS and Peabody sitting tied for 3rd in the region next week when the Golden Tide travels to the Eagles Nest it will be with a lot at stake for both teams...Kendall Harper is a threat everytime he touches the ball and will bring a spread offense to town that should look very familiar to JCS...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Hudson, Grizzell, Perkins, Payne, White, Aldridge and the rest of the guys. Great effort with stellar results. Heath Thompson also played a great game, blitzing Hardegree effectively on the Eagles goal line stand. It was also nice to hear Patrick Taggart's name called several times on both offense and defense.

For the second game in a row, the JCS Offensive Line played very very well. They kept Milan out of our backfield until the fourth quarter last week, and this week they not only gave Hudson plenty of time to throw, but opened up some gaping holes for Zach White and Matt to run through. Nice job, O-line.

Thanks to Bob Wood, USJ AD and the rest of the USJ folks for your hospitality. Kirkland Field is a great facility and a nice place to play a football game.

Great Report JaxMan... Obviously you are so excited that your fingers are sticking on the wrong buttons... (Isaac Grizzell not Issac Grissell---lol)

Have you guys seen the video on the Jackson Sun website? It's really good... Did Matt Hudson step up or what? Of course, no telling what kind of numbers he would have without all the dropped passes this year... But last night, everyone was stellar!!! Some incredible catches--- Isaac---Tanner's second touchdown---Taggart's catch off the deflection... Matt and Zach running the ball... Great night!

Not all good news though.... Has anyone heard updates on Ethan and Digger?

Harper and the Golden Tide are coming. It looks like they ran the yards up on Milan. Scary!!!

GO EAGLES!!! FOR THE THREE!!!

Injurey Update...

Ethan Cooper was put to sleep last night and had the bone set...early reports is out 3 weeks at best, but they will get a final report on Tuesday...

Digger Foust...Taken to general after a head injury suspected to be a concussion...was not able to see out of one eye was last report I had late last night no update so far today

this week was a huge week for so many guys...as I sit here I think of other names that should have been on my honorable mention list

Heath Thompson...great blitzes...

Chris McKnight...some key hits on special teams and on defense

The entire O line

The secondary

and I am sure others I will think of

Jax, you scared the crap out of me as I read those words. Say he had surgery or something. LOL. Congrats last night.

sorry about that...Ethan is a huge loss...he is not flashy but he is the heart and soul of our defense...by the way congrats on your win over Huntland last night...new you guys would get back on track...did Marco have a big night?

sorry about that...Ethan is a huge loss...he is not flashy but he is the heart and soul of our defense...by the way congrats on your win over Huntland last night...new you guys would get back on track...did Marco have a big night?

I wasnt there, but I hear it was a team effort. Of course Marco is the leader, but two or three other guys scored and the D made some turnovers. 42-0 halftime and MP went on cruise control in second half with back-ups.