5a Franklin County at 2a Smith County

Antwan

Somebody help me here. On the interception on our sideline wasn't the FC's DB's foot out of bounds when he caught the ball? I know you only need one foot in bounds but you have to control the ball before you step out. I hate to talk about officiating and take away from the tough game by both teams but I'm just curious whether or not he was out of bounds or did my eyes deceive me?

He had one foot in and one foot out when he came down with the ball. You have to have one foot down first. That one was right in front of me. They blew that call too.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The official on the home side was clueless. He still hasn't made a good call. Called an illegal block on the Owls opening drive that was a bad one and stalled a big drive. Had an FC player laying across the line of scrimmage on the snap, no call. The interception looked as if the right foot came down first and was out of bounds. The lateral in the end zone had to be close, don't see how they could blow that one. On the fumble recovery for a touchdown, they missed a facemask in the hole that spun the SC runner. Not a very good crew, but in the end, no harm no foul. Owls win a big game for them. Could potentially aide in seeding for the playoffs.

The official on the home side was clueless. He still hasn't made a good call. Called an illegal block on the Owls opening drive that was a bad one and stalled a big drive. Had an FC player laying across the line of scrimmage on the snap, no call. The interception looked as if the right foot came down first and was out of bounds. The lateral in the end zone had to be close, don't see how they could blow that one. On the fumble recovery for a touchdown, they missed a facemask in the hole that spun the SC runner. Not a very good crew, but in the end, no harm no foul. Owls win a big game for them. Could potentially aide in seeding for the playoffs.

Maybe the officials were trying to make up for the week before in which they gave SC every call against Westmoreland. Could be the explanation for all those calls last night. I cant believe you guys would complain over officiating. I thought us Westmoreland folks were the only ones to do that according to SC fans and Macon fans.

Maybe the officials were trying to make up for the week before in which they gave SC every call against Westmoreland. Could be the explanation for all those calls last night. I cant believe you guys would complain over officiating. I thought us Westmoreland folks were the only ones to do that according to SC fans and Macon fans.

Well well, we all were wondering where you were. Ok, no we weren't. And no, it's not Westmoreland fans. It's just you!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You were the only one to complain about officiating against Westmoreland. Over 1000 people saw these calls. Have you lost interest in your team? I didn't see a thread on the Westy / East Robertson game. Maybe I just missed it. Have you given up on 'em? Can't wait to hear your reply.

The same official missed an obvious inelgible receiver downfield on a screen pass. #73 was 15 yards downfield. The official on the other sideline, who is about 5 yards away from the SC receiver, calls catch! You could tell he wasn't too sure, and after several conferring with each other, they rule incomplete from an official that was atleast 20 yards away. Whether it was caught or not, WOW.

Guest Termite

They had better not be calling make up calls, that check we wrote them for the Westy game hasn't cleared the bank yet. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You cann't complaint when you win unlike some. They are only stating facts. The pass that was called complete by the ref 5 yards away, then overturned, did bounce off the ground before caught.

Anyway there Stampus Lickus, SC has beat teams in the top 10 in 1A. Beat some good 3A teams. Beat a couple of 3A teams and now a 5A team. Westy has...........well never mind. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

If Franklin has a quick line with some size SC is in for a long night. Smith Co.'s line is very intimidating when you look at their size, but they play like a bunch of pillow fighters at a girls slumber party. Since this game is in SC I'm sure the officiating battle will definitely go to the owls but can they throw enough flags to compensate for all the holes in that line? If you get #3 out of the pocket he can be ran down from behind because of the lack of speed but he can run over you if you hit him high. I would suggest to hit him right above the knee caps. I would think if Franklin has 4 athletic players the way some have described on here that they should come out on top in a close game. I'm pulling for the owls though since they are from region 4-2A. GO BIG OWLS!!!!!!

Stay on your board hater!! AKA #1 sore looser.

I see where Cumberland Co. which is 5a is playing Meigs Co. which is 3a but 2a by enrollment,also Cumberland Co. played York which is 2a this year. My point is it happens.This game came about because of the difficult's both schools had in getting games.

I think its all about the play offs for us. coach M wants us to get ready to play the big boys of the east. like most 5a teams they are bigger and pass the ball more than teams around here. we use to play knoxville the first game {theres nothing like a butt whoopin' to get you motovated} this was to early in the season and we were really no good match i think this was a much better match for us. FC was very good, big ,strong and tough. why they would want to play us???? who knows maybe they thought it would be a easy win. THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS SORRY SO LATE i MISS READING EVERYTHING I JUST STAY VERYYYY!!! BUSY!!

He had one foot in and one foot out when he came down with the ball. You have to have one foot down first. That one was right in front of me. They blew that call too.

Yep, his right foot came down first which was out of bounds. The Ref was standing 2 yards from the play.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />