Bradley Central at William Blount

johnandjimmy

As the parent of a cheerleader at WB, please accept my apology for the sign. I did not see it, nor do I know who was responsible for creating it. I can tell you that I will speak to the cheerleading sponser and express my displeasure. William Blount is better than that. I can remember WB"s 0-7 start like it was yesterday. Bradley played hard and worked their butts off. They were just overmatched.

Again as a cheerleader parent, I apologize to all the Bradley Central football players, coaches, and parents.

TVGov, this fan thanks you for doing the legwork to remedy this situation. I wasn't at the game, so I am going on what posters on the board said, but if it is true, it has no business at WB.

I'm sure no real harm was meant, but we need to show some class.

And 0-7 was just 3 years ago, by my recollection. It hurts to be the region's whipping boy.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a member of the William Blount Cheerleading squad, I would like to apologize for the run-through sign we displayed at the Bradley Central game. Some of the girls, including myself, did not see the sign until the game and even then we were running behind the football players with the flags. I am very sorry for the content of the sign. I do agree it was not appropriate and very disrespectful. Once again I am very sorry to the Bradley Central fans and also William Blount fans as well.

As a member of the William Blount Cheerleading squad, I would like to apologize for the run-through sign we displayed at the Bradley Central game. Some of the girls, including myself, did not see the sign until the game and even then we were running behind the football players with the flags. I am very sorry for the content of the sign. I do agree it was not appropriate and very disrespectful. Once again I am very sorry to the Bradley Central fans and also William Blount fans as well.

Out of curiosity, who comes up with the slogan on the sign? ... the cheerleaders, or the cheerleader sponsor-teacher, or whom?

Out of curiosity, who comes up with the slogan on the sign? ... the cheerleaders, or the cheerleader sponsor-teacher, or whom?

Jethro

As I have found out since yesterday, the signs orginate and are created in the art department and not by the cheerleaders. I hope that this is the last of these types of signs. Someone needs to approve them before they go out in public. My daughter felt the need to apologize on behalf of the cheerleading squad, and if she has anything to do with it, it won't happen again.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Sorry, I was not at the game Friday night, but I am concerned as a William Blount alumnus. What exactly did the sign say that the team ran through?

Not trying to condone the action by any means, or start an argument. I am just being curious as to what it said.

WMTNTrojans

The sign read, "Bradley, enjoy playing our Freshman". The insinuation being that Bradley was no good and that we could play our Freshmen and win. Bradley has had a difficult year, and to rub their noses in it is in my opinion in poor taste. There are times when jabbing at the other team is okay, but when a team is down and struggling is not one of them. With that being said, no one at William Blount intentionally said lets embarrass or disrepspect Bradley with our sign. I can assure you that these are good kids. I know each one of them personally (one better than the others). Remember the cheerleaders do not create the signs. There just was not alot of thought about the appearance of the sign before it was created.

Hey guys,

Sorry, I was not at the game Friday night, but I am concerned as a William Blount alumnus. What exactly did the sign say that the team ran through?

Not trying to condone the action by any means, or start an argument. I am just being curious as to what it said.

I don't remember exact wording, but basically, Hey Bradley, Have Fun Playing Our Freshmen.

Jethro

As I have found out since yesterday, the signs orginate and are created in the art department and not by the cheerleaders. I hope that this is the last of these types of signs. Someone needs to approve them before they go out in public. My daughter felt the need to apologize on behalf of the cheerleading squad, and if she has anything to do with it, it won't happen again.

Thanks

TVGov, thanks for the update! I also appreciate your daughter getting on here and speaking her peace about the issue.

BTW, I think I met bumped into your daughter at Friendsville Mkt one Sunday after church. Is she M.T.? If so, she is very nice and friendly. If not, I'm sure she's very nice and friendly, anyway /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />