Bradley Central at William Blount

johnandjimmy

With the Govs coming off two very big and impressive wins, they have all of the momentum in the world. Bradley Central is coming off a 34-10 loss to Heritage at home (no...that is NOT a typo). I don't think that this will be much of a contest at ALL, and the Govs will celebrate Senior Night in big fashion, with the second, third, and fourth string players getting some playing time in the second half.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys lets try not to bash the other team to bad. yes WB should win this one no doubt and i expect some subs to have some playing time. however these kids have to stay focused on the job at hand and prepare for the playoffs. they still must come out and execute on both sides of the ball. i talked to some of the players after the maryville game and they thought that farragut was going to be a cake walk the next week. my own brother even said that practice that week was not to great... well we all saw what happened... i dont think the best team won that game, i think many more would agree. however guys stay focused, get better, nothing in region 2-5a comes easy.. good luck and c-ya on senior night....

The key thing for WB is to remain focused... No matter what the records of any team we play, if they show up with their "A" game and our team thinks they can roll their helmets out and win, then you can end up shaking your head wondering " How in the heck did that happen"? The teams we play over the next two games may not have the best of records... but it would make their season to pull off an upset.. For them there is a bowl game mentality and rest assured there are some good athletes on those teams that can make some plays. So what I have to say to the Govs is....

FOCUS

Practice hard

TAKE IT ONE GAME AT A TIME!

GO GOVS

ATTENTION WILLIAM BLOUNT FOOTBALL PLAYERS. Think back to the Maryville game and remember how bad you wanted to win how hard you played the emotions you went through. Well now that you have established yourselves as the team to beat every week ,your reputation of winning is on the minds of the team your playing well before you step on the field to play. So now these teams are felling that way about you same emotions same intensity ready to challenge you on every play . Some teams thrive to be the spoiler and if you don`t stay FOCUSED one will bite you in the butt. With my son playing on the Maryville team I have seen this first hand they have to prepare for Lenoir City as hard as the prepared for you. Iknow a lot of good kids on this team and I would love to see them bring a gold ball back to Blount county /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

With the Govs coming off two very big and impressive wins, they have all of the momentum in the world. Bradley Central is coming off a 34-10 loss to Heritage at home (no...that is NOT a typo). I don't think that this will be much of a contest at ALL, and the Govs will celebrate Senior Night in big fashion, with the second, third, and fourth string players getting some playing time in the second half.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

I'm going with the concensus that this will be a lop-sided win for WB. For the Bradley players, I hope that you come up to WB, try your hardest, and some of you have personal best games. You've had a string of bad years ... hang in there ... high school football has a way of evening out over time.

WB players (and I personally know several of you who read this board) ... do not get over confident in the game. Work on the basics in this game (false starts have been killing us lately; so have holds). Even if it gets lop-sided, try your best no matter the score.

My prediction ... the starters get to rest after the first half. Also, I kind of hope that TJ sits out most if not all of it and gets his ankle 100% for the playoffs. We don't need any injuries when we go on our run to Murfreesboro.