Bradley Central at William Blount

johnandjimmy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WB Govs who read these threads....one word....

"FOCUS"

Go Govs

fo?·cus /?€fo??k?™s/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[foh-kuhs]

1. a central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity: The need to prevent a nuclear war became the focus of all diplomatic efforts.

2. Physics. a point at which rays of light, heat, or other radiation, meet after being refracted or reflected.

3. Optics. a. the focal point of a lens.

b. the focal length of a lens.

c. the clear and sharply defined condition of an image.

d. the position of a viewed object or the adjustment of an optical device necessary to produce a clear image: in focus; out of focus.

4. Geometry. (of a conic section) a point having the property that the distances from any point on a curve to it and to a fixed line have a constant ratio for all points on the curve.

5. Geology. the point of origin of an earthquake.

6. Pathology. the primary center from which a disease develops or in which it localizes.

7. to bring to a focus or into focus: to focus the lens of a camera.

8. to concentrate: to focus one's thoughts.

9. to become focused.

Most people will think #8 applies. I kinda like #5.

fo?·cus /?€fo??k?™s/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[foh-kuhs]

1. a central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity: The need to prevent a nuclear war became the focus of all diplomatic efforts.

2. Physics. a point at which rays of light, heat, or other radiation, meet after being refracted or reflected.

3. Optics. a. the focal point of a lens.

b. the focal length of a lens.

c. the clear and sharply defined condition of an image.

d. the position of a viewed object or the adjustment of an optical device necessary to produce a clear image: in focus; out of focus.

4. Geometry. (of a conic section) a point having the property that the distances from any point on a curve to it and to a fixed line have a constant ratio for all points on the curve.

5. Geology. the point of origin of an earthquake.

6. Pathology. the primary center from which a disease develops or in which it localizes.

7. to bring to a focus or into focus: to focus the lens of a camera.

8. to concentrate: to focus one's thoughts.

9. to become focused.

Most people will think #8 applies. I kinda like #5.

In the words of starsnbars, a great American...

" Eye am much ablized fer the inlightenunn, Eye must now go down a BC powder for all this nollege has put my head to hurtin. I noe you rebs are a pullin fer us....."

GO GUVS

In the words of starsnbars, a great American...

" Eye am much ablized fer the inlightenunn, Eye must now go down a BC powder for all this nollege has put my head to hurtin. I noe you rebs are a pullin fer us....."

GO GUVS

Red Rebulls iz a good 'un tpoole12.

Eye no how thay got to talkin' about an earthquick senter. Won time a bunch of us boyz was playin' yard futbawl up bahind Allywick skool. Fatboy Hanley, whose daddy run tha old Allywick grocery, wuz carrin' tha bawl. Fatboy wuz a big ole boy who ate a lot of goodies at tha grocery. He could change an engine by hisself. Jest taik hit loose frum tha motor mounts and he'd lift a small block Shivvy shortblock out by hisself.Tha onlyest way to tackell Fatboy was to pile enuff wait on him till ye road him down. Aftur about 10 of us little fellers piled on Fatboy we finely rode him down settin' off tha first earthquick in modern times in tha Allywick communitty.

Eye look fer Will-Yum Blunt to beat tha Bradlee Sintrull Bares like a freckle faced, red-headed stepson.

ATTENTION WILLIAM BLOUNT FOOTBALL PLAYERS. Think back to the Maryville game and remember how bad you wanted to win how hard you played the emotions you went through. Well now that you have established yourselves as the team to beat every week ,your reputation of winning is on the minds of the team your playing well before you step on the field to play. So now these teams are felling that way about you same emotions same intensity ready to challenge you on every play . Some teams thrive to be the spoiler and if you don`t stay FOCUSED one will bite you in the butt. With my son playing on the Maryville team I have seen this first hand they have to prepare for Lenoir City as hard as the prepared for you. Iknow a lot of good kids on this team and I would love to see them bring a gold ball back to Blount county /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is a stupid statement. If you think for one minute that they have to prepare for Lenior City, you sadly mistaken. Maryville could take the rest of the season off from practice and still make it to the title game. By the same token, WB could win Friday night by whatever score they want. Bradley doesn't even want to be at the game. Wake up and get out of your coachspeak fantasy land. WB 47-0. Bradley WILL NOT SCORE! Book IT.

ET Coach

Let me share a story with you.. The year? 1975 The teams? The Friendsville Falcons @ the Lainer Eagles. The scenario.. The Falcons were rolling along into the playoffs. Their only loss was to the eventual State Champion Walland Indians. The mighty Falcons rolled into Lanier ready for practice game to hone their skills for a rematch with Walland. Lanier was a young team with only three seniors and a roster of about thirty six. It was a given that Friendsville would win, the only question was by how much. Lanier kicked off, the Falcons took control after the kick near their own thirty. Their opening drive was made up of about four first downs, covering about fifty yards taking about four min. off the clock. They turned over the ball on downs. Lanier posession consisted of three plays and a punt. Their punter kicked the ball away and Eagles went back on defence. Friendsville again moved the ball behind a good line with a pair of good running backs only to turn the ball over on downs. This pattern continued for four quarters of hard nosed football. The Falcons controlled the ball, the clock, and field position the entire night. The Eagles defence bent, but did not break. I think Friendville had around four hundred yards of offence that night but none of it would come inside the Eagle's Red Zone. Everytime the falcons would reach the Lanier thirty yard line, the defence would stiffen and refuse to give any more ground. When the clock went ran out the score was locked at zero to zero.

The preceding week Coaches Skip Murrin and Kenny Shepard had spent an inordinate amount of time preparing for overtime. They put in a playaction fake with a throw to the left end who was all of five foot ten inches, weighing one hundred fifty five soaking wet with his uniform on. Lanier had ran the power I all night long hoping to break a long run with a speedy back of their own.

Lanier won the toss in overtime and chose to go on defence. The ball was placed on the ten and the falcons threatened, but could not score. On Lanier's posession the first call was the play to skinny left end lined up in a power formation at tight end. The play almost worked to perfection.... I think the reciever and the quarterback was so shocked as to how open he was that he almost fell and the quarterback over threw the ball. Second and ten and third and ten did not work any better for the Eagle's but on fourth and ten in overtime a big tight end made a miraculas, one handed catch at the three and ran over some Falcon defenders to get in the end zone... That my good man is a fact!

I know I will probably be charged with murder for boring many people to death, but that is the reason you have to play the games... You can never take any team for granted...Just ask Michigan...

Respectfully Yours

tpoole12

Due to the fact that I was rushed to finish my last post, I would now like to ask all the former players of any team sport if they have ever been in simular situations. I have been on teams and coached teams who have under and over achieved. (in other words, we won some we should have lost and lost some we should have won)

I'll shutup now...My feet are getting tired from standing on this soapbox...

Take care of business Govs...

I'd like to see Big "D" get to play friday night......... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

tpoole12

Big "D" s dad.....

GO GOVS

The Gov's should win this game as BC is not where the can be. For you Gov fans who think you have arrived to the place where teams lay down for you, you would be sadly mistaken. WB has maybe the best team in the schools histroy, but this is not the time to start reading your own press or tee shirt printing time. WB could make a huge run to the SC game but must close out all foes the rest of the season for the momentum needed to make the run. WB also needs Oak Ridge to knock off Far-ra-gate to seal Home field for most of the Play off games they could be in.

I agree FOCUS is the key. Good luck.

ET Coach

Let me share a story with you.. The year? 1975 The teams? The Friendsville Falcons @ the Lainer Eagles. The scenario.. The Falcons were rolling along into the playoffs. Their only loss was to the eventual State Champion Walland Indians. The mighty Falcons rolled into Lanier ready for practice game to hone their skills for a rematch with Walland. Lanier was a young team with only three seniors and a roster of about thirty six. It was a given that Friendsville would win, the only question was by how much. Lanier kicked off, the Falcons took control after the kick near their own thirty. Their opening drive was made up of about four first downs, covering about fifty yards taking about four min. off the clock. They turned over the ball on downs. Lanier posession consisted of three plays and a punt. Their punter kicked the ball away and Eagles went back on defence. Friendsville again moved the ball behind a good line with a pair of good running backs only to turn the ball over on downs. This pattern continued for four quarters of hard nosed football. The Falcons controlled the ball, the clock, and field position the entire night. The Eagles defence bent, but did not break. I think Friendville had around four hundred yards of offence that night but none of it would come inside the Eagle's Red Zone. Everytime the falcons would reach the Lanier thirty yard line, the defence would stiffen and refuse to give any more ground. When the clock went ran out the score was locked at zero to zero.

The preceding week Coaches Skip Murrin and Kenny Shepard had spent an inordinate amount of time preparing for overtime. They put in a playaction fake with a throw to the left end who was all of five foot ten inches, weighing one hundred fifty five soaking wet with his uniform on. Lanier had ran the power I all night long hoping to break a long run with a speedy back of their own.

Lanier won the toss in overtime and chose to go on defence. The ball was placed on the ten and the falcons threatened, but could not score. On Lanier's posession the first call was the play to skinny left end lined up in a power formation at tight end. The play almost worked to perfection.... I think the reciever and the quarterback was so shocked as to how open he was that he almost fell and the quarterback over threw the ball. Second and ten and third and ten did not work any better for the Eagle's but on fourth and ten in overtime a big tight end made a miraculas, one handed catch at the three and ran over some Falcon defenders to get in the end zone... That my good man is a fact!

I know I will probably be charged with murder for boring many people to death, but that is the reason you have to play the games... You can never take any team for granted...Just ask Michigan...

Respectfully Yours

tpoole12

Great Story. 1975. Not 2007. In college and professional football, players have to actually be good to play. In high school, they don't. If Bradley stays within 20 points of WB, I will give the 1st 20 people who come to me $1 on Monday. If Bradley wins the game, I will quit my job on Monday, Divorce my wife (well she would probably divorce me for quitting my job), give away my golf clubs, and walk around Foothills Mall with a Dress on.