Greeneville @ East

FootballFan423

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one fact i don't understand is why isn't Greeneville in the states top 10 in 4A. I hope when the new polls come out they will be b/c there are 3 teams there that have 3 or more losses and we have defeated west and south on this 5 game winning streak that there is enough.

Good points but we did not catch the pollsters eyes early in the year. And upper East Tn. writers are not voting for us(that I don't know why). But it's where we end up now thats important. Also not having that bulls eye on the back can be a plus.

The one fact i don't understand is why isn't Greeneville in the states top 10 in 4A. I hope when the new polls come out they will be b/c there are 3 teams there that have 3 or more losses and we have defeated west and south on this 5 game winning streak that there is enough.

Like NOF said, it might be better to not have that target on your back. True, you are not getting the respect you deserve, but it might be better to go through the playoffs with nobody respecting you. Greeneville wins this week, 35-7 considering they come out and play hard as they can.

Who cares what place we are ranked. as long as we keep raking up the W's they can have us in last place. We can be the sleeper team in state no one has heard about. ( the giant killers)

for some reason i have a bad filling about this game. I hope the boys dont let being #1 get to them. IMO this game has a good chance of turning out like the Boone game.

I think that going into the Boone game, the Greene Devils were still a team searching for their identity. The loss to Boone and the ensuing win over South have defined this team.

They haven't let up since losing to Boone, and they won't let up this week, either.

Greeneville by 3 TDs.

I think that going into the Boone game, the Greene Devils were still a team searching for their identity. The loss to Boone and the ensuing win over South have defined this team.

They haven't let up since losing to Boone, and they won't let up this week, either.

Greeneville by 3 TDs.

You are very right Buc, one of the best losses and 1 of the best wins in defining GHS FB. We rolled into Boone a throwing team and now we are a running team that throws very well.

I hope we pick 1 QB too play this week. Teams know what each players going to do. #1 most

likely will run the football, and # 15 will pass it. 2 QB system has not worked. Problem with

bring in #15 every 3rd down and long, gives away the play(passing the football) I know we

have good Coaches, last year show us that. I really like what I seen out of #1 late in the game

last week. He can pass the ball if he is given the chance.( he had 2 drop over the middle)

The play calling was ok last week, just too many turnover to win the game.

Offense line blocked better. We are starting too become a left handed running team. Our right

side of the offensive line seems to miss way to many blocks. Check East sack yards, most came

over the right side of the line. Maybe some changes on that side of the line is in order. I still fell

Morristown East can make the playoff. It Must start this friday against Greeneville. No one is given

East's a chance. We will be ready, we got no place too go but up. Go Canes, Beat Greeneville.

I hope East is able to find themselves this week and comes out ready to play football on Friday. It is amazing to me (I am on the other side of town) how much East is struggling. I know the athletes they have and know they can play football. However, there is a lack of .... something that is keeping East from reaching an even keel. I know the injuries have hurt this team and removed their identity, but those mostly happened in preseason or week 2. There comes a time when a team has to come together and play like a team. I hope that this is the week for that to happen at East (the only game I ever want East to lose is against West).

However, Greeneville is hitting on all cylinders. We were finally able to put some offense together, but it was too little too late. If East can use their offense, move the ball, and control the clock they will have a chance to win this game. If they are not able to move the ball and give Greeneville a short field, Greeneville will score 30+ points. The running back is lightning in a bottle. If East does not stop him, Greeneville will score 50+ points.

I would like to encourage East, but as a fan, I know nothing makes you feel better than a win. So, hopefully, you will be encouraged after Friday night.

Lightning in a bottle, is a great name. But which one are you refering too. Barner or Hall. They are both juniors and getting better every game. Hope they continue to this week also. Greenway won't make the throw across the middle against East. He will be corrected on that decision. I'm sure today that he will be DRILLED on that.

Lightning in a bottle, is a great name. But which one are you refering too. Barner or Hall. They are both juniors and getting better every game. Hope they continue to this week also. Greenway won't make the throw across the middle against East. He will be corrected on that decision. I'm sure today that he will be DRILLED on that.

I believe Barner ate our lunch, but I am not sure. I think it was the shorter of the two (#7 perhaps), but I have tried to forget as much as possible about that night.

funny that you say that. Crockett is getting votes who have they played? Greeneville beat west an south????

I hope East is able to find themselves this week and comes out ready to play football on Friday. It is amazing to me (I am on the other side of town) how much East is struggling. I know the athletes they have and know they can play football. However, there is a lack of .... something that is keeping East from reaching an even keel. I know the injuries have hurt this team and removed their identity, but those mostly happened in preseason or week 2. There comes a time when a team has to come together and play like a team. I hope that this is the week for that to happen at East (the only game I ever want East to lose is against West).

However, Greeneville is hitting on all cylinders. We were finally able to put some offense together, but it was too little too late. If East can use their offense, move the ball, and control the clock they will have a chance to win this game. If they are not able to move the ball and give Greeneville a short field, Greeneville will score 30+ points. The running back is lightning in a bottle. If East does not stop him, Greeneville will score 50+ points.

I would like to encourage East, but as a fan, I know nothing makes you feel better than a win. So, hopefully, you will be encouraged after Friday night.

You are right. we do have atheletes that can play. That is what makes it so frustrating.