Region 3 5A

jcm

(This tread ain't for region 4 folks - they can all tell us how great they are later...and they do have a great region.)

After week 8 the playoff teams appear to be set but the placements are still to be decided upon. Right now the Region looks like this:

Team Region Overall

Coffee County 4-0 6-2

Lincoln County 3-0 6-2

Cookeville 2-1 6-2

Warren County 2-2 5-3

Franklin County 0-4 1-7

Cumberland Co 0-4 0-8

The remaining region games are Lincoln Co vs. Cookeville; Lincoln co vs. Coffee Co Cookeville vs Warren Co and Franklin Co vs Cumberland Co.

If Cookeville and Coffee Co win the rest of their games the playoff placements will be:

1 Coffee Co 5-0

2 Cookeville 4-1

3 Lincoln Co 3-2

4 Warren Co 2-3

or if Lincoln beat Cookeville:

2. Lincoln Co

3. Cookeville

If Lincoln Co beats Cookeville and Coffee and Cookeville beats Warren:

1. Lincoln Co

2. Coffee Co

3. Cookeville

4. Warren Co

or if Warren Co wins:

3. Warren Co

4. Cookeville

Here's where it get interesting: If Lincoln beats Coffee but looses to Cookeville and Cookeville beats Warren (and Coffee beats Goodpasture) we have one of those three way tie things all three with a region of 4-1 and overall of 7-3. We then look at teams they defeated that won 50% or more of their games. Cookeville would probably have four (Warren Co and Lebanon and MUS and Lincoln Co) Coffee would probably have 4 (Tullahoma, Warren Co, Cookeville and Goodpasture) and Lincoln would have three (Coffee Co, Warren Co and Tullahoma). I don't know if they go back to the head to head to determine if Cookeville or Coffee Co gets the first spot or if the go on to the next step - so I dont know what would happen.

If Warren beats Cookeville AND Ensworth AND then Lincoln looses to Cookeville and to Coffee (AND if the stars line up just right AND if ALGore finally admits to being an idiot, etc etc.) then it gets interesting again. Coffee Co would get 1st by being 5-0 in the region (we would all be sick of them by now and wish them bad luck in the playoffs). Warren Co , Cookeville and Lincoln Co would all be 3-2 in the region with Warren Co at 7-3, Cookeville overall 7-3 and Lincoln Co overall at 7-3. I think Warren Co would be 2nd by virture of beating Cookeville in the head to head match and it would end up like this:

1. Coffee Co 5-0

2 Warren Co 3-2 (7-3)

3 Cookeville 3-2 (7-3)

4 Lincoln Co 3-2 (6-4)

Unless of couse they dont go back to the head to head but look at victories of 50% teams then Warren Co would have two (Cookeville and Ensworth) Cookeville would have three (MUS and Lincoln Co and Lebanon - assuming Leabanon beats Blackman or siegel) and Lincoln Co would have two (Warren Co and Tullahoma).

Then I get confused again.

Hey, I can deam can't I?

No they don't go back and look at 50% or whatever you were talking about. If there is a three way tie then they go to overall record. and since Lincoln, Coffee, and Cookeville all have two losses right now, but both LC and CC would have 3 losses (if Cavs beat LC and LC beats CC) then the edge would go to Cookeville cause they would still have the better overall record.

This is what I came up with. 3 teams have a chance to win Region 3. Here are the teams and what they have to do to win Region 3 5A.

Coffee County

If CC beats Lincoln County. CC wins region. Easiest Scenario out there.

But if CC losses to Goodpasture and Lincoln County there is no way CC can win Region with (6-4) record. They would lose tie breaker. And could easily finish 3rd in region.

Cookeville

If Cookeville beats Lincoln County and Warren County

and Lincoln County beats Coffee County. We have a 3 way tie for first. Cookeville (8-2) wins region by tie breaker due to having a better record than CC (6-4) or (7-3) or Lincoln County (7-3).

Lincoln County

If Lincoln County beats Cookeville then beats Coffee County...Lincoln County would be champs.

I hope this is a little easier to understand.

Coffee County and Lincoln County both control their own destiny.

It is possible for CC to finish 3rd in the region. The Goodpasture game is very important for Coffee County.

I'm pretty sure I am correct on all these scenarios but dont carve them in stone just yet.

Here are my Predictions on how this will all shake out.

3 Way Tie...(Each team will have one loss in the Region)

1. Cookeville (8-2) (Beats Lincoln County and Warren County) (wins tie breaker with best record)

2. Lincoln County (7-3) (Loses to Cookeville but beats Coffee County)

3. Coffee County (6-4) (Loses to Goodpasture and Lincoln County)