Adamsville @ Halls!

utvol2

Cardfan surely your not jumping ship. Too much left to hope for.

One thing you can rest assured is I will never turn my back on the Cardinals.

I think the actuals were around 11-28-118-2-0. One of the picks came in the first half at the end right after we had took over deep in our redzone. The other was the one that bounced off of three players one of which was falling down and kicked it back up in the air. Out of the 17 incompletions, at least 10 were straight out drops that were the right read and delivered right on the money. Too many "me" players and parents for this to work. Everyone needs to learn tha this is a team game and just because you did not get the ball thrown to you does not mean it is bad play calling. There are some receivers if I was QB that I would think twice about throwing to because they are only worried about their stats and will not put forth the effort to help the team. Blocking downfield, making the tough catch across the middle, etc.

I do want to shout out to Zach Sheets. This kid has done nothing but put his heart on the field every time he stepped on it this year. Plays at full speed and never looks back. This effort was rewarded when we finally set up a solid walll on a punt return and he took it to the house from about 85 yards out. Zach, if you read these posts you have my respect and support in everything you try and do with your life. YOu know me from the first days you started playing football and can always count on me. If every kid on that team played as hard as you did we would not ever worry about getting to the playoffs because we would bedominating people. Good luck to you.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing you can rest assured is I will never turn my back on the Cardinals.

I think the actuals were around 11-28-118-2-0. One of the picks came in the first half at the end right after we had took over deep in our redzone. The other was the one that bounced off of three players one of which was falling down and kicked it back up in the air. Out of the 17 incompletions, at least 10 were straight out drops that were the right read and delivered right on the money. Too many "me" players and parents for this to work. Everyone needs to learn tha this is a team game and just because you did not get the ball thrown to you does not mean it is bad play calling. There are some receivers if I was QB that I would think twice about throwing to because they are only worried about their stats and will not put forth the effort to help the team. Blocking downfield, making the tough catch across the middle, etc.

I do want to shout out to Zach Sheets. This kid has done nothing but put his heart on the field every time he stepped on it this year. Plays at full speed and never looks back. This effort was rewarded when we finally set up a solid walll on a punt return and he took it to the house from about 85 yards out. Zach, if you read these posts you have my respect and support in everything you try and do with your life. YOu know me from the first days you started playing football and can always count on me. If every kid on that team played as hard as you did we would not ever worry about getting to the playoffs because we would bedominating people. Good luck to you.

Great post man! Goes right back to what I said earlier about being better fans! That was directed @ those parents!

If you are not on the field coaching or playing your only job is to be a fan and support this team and coaching

staff and cheer for them! Filling little Johnny's head with they ought to be doing this and that at home isn't good

either! Hope we can make a better showing against Huntingdon!

Cardfan I know you or Utvol2 won't ever give up on this team. I talked to coach Gray and he said the first thing he did Saturday morning was to put on his Cardinal shirt. He is still positive about the situation and believes that over the past few years the Cards have forgotten how to win. I know with his leadership all that will return with school pride. Thanks for the stats. I had forgotten about the tipped and kicked interception. Your memory starts to fail and all that. Kudos about Zach. Hated the loss but hated it more for him than anybody. I know from experience the attitudes come from home. Sure wish they would stay there or better yet get better at home. Coach Gray has full control of Bradley and if there's a problem his mom and dad will always side with the coach. Looking forward to better days ahead (Saturday) and hope we come together completly as a team. GO CARDINALS........

Cardfan I know you or Utvol2 won't ever give up on this team. I talked to coach Gray and he said the first thing he did Saturday morning was to put on his Cardinal shirt. He is still positive about the situation and believes that over the past few years the Cards have forgotten how to win. I know with his leadership all that will return with school pride. Thanks for the stats. I had forgotten about the tipped and kicked interception. Your memory starts to fail and all that. Kudos about Zach. Hated the loss but hated it more for him than anybody. I know from experience the attitudes come from home. Sure wish they would stay there or better yet get better at home. Coach Gray has full control of Bradley and if there's a problem his mom and dad will always side with the coach. Looking forward to better days ahead (Saturday) and hope we come together completly as a team. GO CARDINALS........

I can tell you that if we ever want to be a great football team we will have to learn that it takes all 11 players to win. This is not like baseball where on pitcher or hitter can control the game. Basketball one hot shooter can control the game. In football you must have the team concept because you cannot do one thing if the other guys do not do thier jobs. It takes everyone. Just because you want the ball thrown to you because you are the "best receiver" doesn't amount to a hill of beans if you do not take adavantage and actually catch the ball when it hits you right in between the numbers. IT makes me sick how some of these players get upset because they only had one or two balls thrown their way, but then when someone throws them 8-9 balls they drop all but one or two. IF the situation dictates it oyu might not even throw the ball at all.

This is for all of those fans trhat think they have a better solution. You know the ones who keep yelling "put in a full back" and "why are we running on first down". These coaches are putting in very long hours in order to try and put these kids in the best position to win they can. If you have a problem with that you need to schedule a time and discuss it with one of them directly. I have not seen one of you standing in the 100+ degree temps or cold weather helping out any. These guys get paid to Coach and you pay to watch a football game. All that does is give you the right to watch and cheer, it does not give you the right to yell and scream at how bad the coach is doing. Where would your kids be if they did not get coaches like this trying to help them be better football players. Apparently some of you are so perfect while calling things from the stands. Here's a thought why not apply for a Coaching job and see how good you could do.

Sorry I just had to get that off of my chest.

Adamsville's problem is the same as McNairy's and Hardin County's. There is very little industry in that area and they don't have a ton of kids to draw from. Each may occasionally have a competitive team in the regular season. But when they have to travel to Memphis or Nashville to play in the playoffs, they are more than likely beat prior to even boarding the bus. You have to rely on kids that grew up in the area and there isn't a great influx of people moving to there due to no real job opportunities. The only thing keeping them afloat is the paper mill, Aqua Glass, and enough people willing to commute into Jackson everyday for work.

I can tell you that if we ever want to be a great football team we will have to learn that it takes all 11 players to win. This is not like baseball where on pitcher or hitter can control the game. Basketball one hot shooter can control the game. In football you must have the team concept because you cannot do one thing if the other guys do not do thier jobs. It takes everyone. Just because you want the ball thrown to you because you are the "best receiver" doesn't amount to a hill of beans if you do not take adavantage and actually catch the ball when it hits you right in between the numbers. IT makes me sick how some of these players get upset because they only had one or two balls thrown their way, but then when someone throws them 8-9 balls they drop all but one or two. IF the situation dictates it oyu might not even throw the ball at all.

This is for all of those fans trhat think they have a better solution. You know the ones who keep yelling "put in a full back" and "why are we running on first down". These coaches are putting in very long hours in order to try and put these kids in the best position to win they can. If you have a problem with that you need to schedule a time and discuss it with one of them directly. I have not seen one of you standing in the 100+ degree temps or cold weather helping out any. These guys get paid to Coach and you pay to watch a football game. All that does is give you the right to watch and cheer, it does not give you the right to yell and scream at how bad the coach is doing. Where would your kids be if they did not get coaches like this trying to help them be better football players. Apparently some of you are so perfect while calling things from the stands. Here's a thought why not apply for a Coaching job and see how good you could do.

Sorry I just had to get that off of my chest.

You couldn't be more right!

Maybe a little quality time on the bench to reflect on the TEAM CONCEPT would deflate some egos!

Adamsville you can win but you will have to play perfect and stop Weathers before he gets started you know he lines up 9 yards deep in the backfield don't kick it to McAdams kick away from him if you make them get out of what they want to do and have to go to the pass then you have a great shot watch the Riverside/ Huntingdon game even though they lost they lost 26-0 a lot better than anyone else has faired. they will turn it over as well Run and shoot an utilize your speed at WR your single coverage pattern away from twins is deadly if they try to double cover 18 then you have man on your twins and I know you can run at any given moment in shotgun with your draw play give it to them you can definitely win play hard and smart and you will be the playoff team not worrying about the lottery!

Adamsville you can win but you will have to play perfect and stop Weathers before he gets started you know he lines up 9 yards deep in the backfield don't kick it to McAdams kick away from him if you make them get out of what they want to do and have to go to the pass then you have a great shot watch the Riverside/ Huntingdon game even though they lost they lost 26-0 a lot better than anyone else has faired. they will turn it over as well Run and shoot an utilize your speed at WR your single coverage pattern away from twins is deadly if they try to double cover 18 then you have man on your twins and I know you can run at any given moment in shotgun with your draw play give it to them you can definitely win play hard and smart and you will be the playoff team not worrying about the lottery!

Thanks for the tips. We think we have the overall talent to win. Our question comes n te form of how are we going t get these kids playing as a teaminstead of trying to be the one play hero. I look for a long hard week of practice by these boys and hopefully we will play four quarters of football the way we are capable of playing. Eventhough we are very young and sometimes make young mistakes like holding onto the ball too long, not making an extra point, not getting the big stop when we need it if we play our game this week it could be a very good game to watch. Here's to keeping up the faith.

Cardfan you said a mouth full. These are good kids that can play some good football but like you said they must play as a team. The coaches know that it takes a team to play a team. It's not 1 vs 11 it's 11 vs 11. That's what the coaches mean when they talk about knowing how to win. It's doing your job for the sake of the team victory. Give it all you've got. Leave nothing for after the game and you'll win more than you loose. It's not about self glorification. It's what we did not what I did. Everybody knows a quarterback is only as good as his receivers and his line. A running back depends on the team for his yardage. The defense knows the more pressure you put on the skill players the better chance of a win. We had practice today missing a couple of players but if that what it takes (I sure hope not) then so be it. We can win.. It's a matter or not if we'll do what we can. With all that said, I still love the CARDINALS........