Knox West vs Powell

Knoxvegas98

Why Powell will beat West and West will beat Central.

Powell have two good running backs and a running QB West won't be able to stop. Powell has a better secondary than Clinton and West had to run against them. So I see Powell beating West this week.

However,West will make the playoffs because Central can't stop the passing game. West should win big on week 10 so all isn't lost.

Most see Powell as a major contender gaining momentum every week.

Two replies to that..

1. There hasnt been a QB yet to simply just light up the scoreboard, or the stat sheet for that matter this year against West...(except Burnett)

2. Over the past 3 games (Marvul included) which would consist of Lenior City, Maryville, and Clinton, none of these teams has rushed for over 100 yards......

just a thought.......

My prediction

West-28

Powell-14

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two replies to that..

1. There hasnt been a QB yet to simply just light up the scoreboard, or the stat sheet for that matter this year against West...(except Burnett)

2. Over the past 3 games (Marvul included) which would consist of Lenior City, Maryville, and Clinton, none of these teams has rushed for over 100 yards......

just a thought.......

My prediction

West-28

Powell-14

Powell is a pass first, run second offense, so Powell doesn't rely on a 100+ yard rushing night every week. The Panthers rely on Kier Houston's passing and scrambling ability to get the offense going. If West can put some pressure on Houston, that will slow the Powell offense.

Woo! What a game for the Rebs 28-7 victory over the panthers. Running game was full go and the defense pitched a shutout cept for a cheap td in last minute of game. Thoughts?

West was definitely the better team tonight. It just looked like West dominated up front, on both offense and defense.

Woo! What a game for the Rebs 28-7 victory over the panthers. Running game was full go and the defense pitched a shutout cept for a cheap td in last minute of game. Thoughts?

I definitely wouldn't call it cheap either. Although I was dissapointed it wasn't a shut out after a Powell fan yelled at me "F@#% West, West Fing stinks!" Actually got a lot of that.

Have to apoligise to the West Rebel family. I really didn't see this coming. I had shotout on my mind. When West controlled the clock like we tried to do against Powell they were very successful. Kept Houston out of his game.

I now change my mind about a predictable passing offense and give kudos to Klotz and the fullback. Huge win.