Brentwood @ Independence

donathan5507

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood got on the board first with a 34-yard AJ Krow to Austin Stanley connection for Stanley's first career TD. Indy tacked on a FG before half and the score was 7-3 Brentwood at halftime. Independence came out after halftime and did to Brentwood just about what they did to Ravenwood last week, scoring twice in the first 4 minutes of the 2nd half, courtesy of an AJ Krow interception and a Brentwood fumble. Brentwood had a drive that showed promise in the 4th quarter, twice having the ball on the 5, losing that position first with a holding penalty, regaining it, and then a bad snap on 3rd and Goal forced the Bruins to kick a field goal, which was missed. Final score 17-7 Independence. Independence takes the Region 6-5A championship and #1 seed in the playoffs.

Please go back to sleep. History? 3 years is the history. That is possibly one of the worst posts ever. Come up with some other useless facts to keep us amused.D,I need to ask you a question off line. Email me at tnsparty at charter dot net so I can reply.

Your comedic personality astounds me. And you are right it is a fact. I will take the liberty and not pleasure you anymore with the facts that lay before both of our eyes and everyone else's.

But on to more important things: Independence locked up a birth in the playoffs tonight and with a victory next week a region championship. What they do with the road that lies ahead of them is up to them. I will say region 5 is in a down year as well so that will more than likely play to the advantage of Independence and the other region 6 teams that make the playoffs. None the less, congradulations on making the playoffs for the first time in you school's history (History? 3 years is the history as stated by tnsparty).

Brentwood got on the board first with a 34-yard AJ Krow to Austin Stanley connection for Stanley's first career TD. Indy tacked on a FG before half and the score was 7-3 Brentwood at halftime. Independence came out after halftime and did to Brentwood just about what they did to Ravenwood last week, scoring twice in the first 4 minutes of the 2nd half, courtesy of an AJ Krow interception and a Brentwood fumble. Brentwood had a drive that showed promise in the 4th quarter, twice having the ball on the 5, losing that position first with a holding penalty, regaining it, and then a bad snap on 3rd and Goal forced the Bruins to kick a field goal, which was missed. Final score 17-7 Independence. Independence takes the Region 6-5A championship and #1 seed in the playoffs.

Indy clinched a playoff birth, but not the number 1 seed.

Your comedic personality astounds me. And you are right it is a fact. I will take the liberty and not pleasure you anymore with the facts that lay before both of our eyes and everyone else's.

But on to more important things: Independence locked up a birth in the playoffs tonight and with a victory next week a region championship. What they do with the road that lies ahead of them is up to them. I will say region 5 is in a down year as well so that will more than likely play to the advantage of Independence and the other region 6 teams that make the playoffs. None the less, congradulations on making the playoffs for the first time in you school's history (History? 3 years is the history as stated by tnsparty).

Sleeper,

It took you that long to respond? Go back to sleep now. Good night.

Indy needs no help from any other team. They win the last 2 games they win the region. Indy wins 17-7.

I won't pat myself on the back too long, but I did call the score.

My thoughts on the game.

Brentwood is a very well coached team. If they could throw the ball a little better they would be much more dangerous. When they have to pass they are ineffective. Krow is a player for sure. He's a better runner than Becker by far, but passing problems make him one dimensional. Tough kid that took some shots and kept getting up.

Indy is doing whatever it takes to win. Not the best offensive performance but enough to put points on the board. Heckman is not throwing interceptions and that is the key. He is playing like an upperclassman and not a sophmore. The defense is playing well by bending but not breaking. Another week with the opponent with a first down inside the 5 and no points. Coach Cieslak has them playing hard. Tackling has improved a bunch. The 2 turnovers were the difference in the game.

Good luck to the Bruins in the playoffs.

I have watched the game video 3-4 times today and I will say Brentwood has the best tackling OL I have seen this year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

First i would like to say congrats to the boys down at indy! i havnt been able to post on here much due to a demanding college football scheduel. I have been keeping track of the indy boys and though they started out slow in the beggining of the season with mistakes it seems they are playing good solid football. The tough scheduel has proven to help them in the long run. My worries are that if they have to come across another good team from 6-5a in the playoffs they will have a tough time beating them twice. If they keep playing solid football they should do well. Preparation is the key in the playoff setting. im so proud of what all my old team has accomplished this year. Good luck boys and good luck to the rest of 6-5a i would like to see a rep from region 6 in the state championship!