Brentwood @ Independence

donathan5507

Well I said this is too close to call but.. IHS by 10+

Last year we tanked at the end of the season. This year we seem to be growing. If BHS keeps it on the ground, look for Consig, Pettigrew, Fowler, and Veres to have a big game! It will be won by the front 7 for each team and like i said earlier...

Watch the weather!

Great game on what should be a great friday night.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the last few weeks, gaining any sort of ground on Brentwood's defense has been next to impossible.

A couple of things the Bruins have going for them:

-Been there, done that (you know, that old experience and expectation factor)

-The best defensive coaching staff in the region. Independence will face the most prepared defensive front they will have seen this season. The Bruins make game adjustments, particularly at the half, that will keep Indy's offense frustrated.

The question, in my mind, boils down to can the Bruins put up more points than the Indy offense? With help from their defense, yes.

Bruins 17- Indy 14

IHS should win this but I agree with watching the weather. Very proud of the guys at INDY and what a great win against Ravenwood. Great move at the QB position...this kid will be fun to watch for the next few years!

I agree but Independence has a history of not having the same guy at QB two years in a row (for various reasons).

However, if he is the exception it should be interesting to watch him, but I doubt he will be thus making him just like all the rest of them (former QBs at IHS).

I agree but Independence has a history of not having the same guy at QB two years in a row (for various reasons).

However, if he is the exception it should be interesting to watch him, but I doubt he will be thus making him just like all the rest of them (former QBs at IHS).

Think you're going to be wrong here. Heckman is a great kid...straight A student, well behaved...heck, his mom even teaches at the school.

This is the school's third varsity season. Not every school is blessed with a TC Jennings at the beginning.

If the running game can't get going on Friday, which is bound to happen against that Brentwood line, Eubanks will let Heckman take over. With all the targets he has, he should be able to find some holes in that Brentwood secondary. Unless of a career ending injury or complete meltdown, Heckman will be starting every game through 2010.

I agree but Independence has a history of not having the same guy at QB two years in a row (for various reasons).However, if he is the exception it should be interesting to watch him, but I doubt he will be thus making him just like all the rest of them (former QBs at IHS).

Please go back to sleep. History? 3 years is the history. That is possibly one of the worst posts ever. Come up with some other useless facts to keep us amused.

Think you're going to be wrong here. Heckman is a great kid...straight A student, well behaved...heck, his mom even teaches at the school. This is the school's third varsity season. Not every school is blessed with a TC Jennings at the beginning.

D,I need to ask you a question off line. Email me at tnsparty at charter dot net so I can reply.

If your going to try to talk trash at least spell believe right. Otherwise you just look stupid.

I agree with you packfan, first half at least will be very defensively oriented. In the end Indy will prevail.

Frst of ahl if you is goeen to bee the spell chek polece get ready to get very buzy!!!!

Second of all that was nothing even close to trash talking. I nominate YOU for stupid post award for the day!!!

Should be a good game in spite of this fan. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Bring it on INDY.........We belive. we haveHOPE, FAITH and LOVE....

All good things, but do you have sound tackling? Good blocking? Talent at the skill positions? Those are the things that win football games. Hope, faith, and love only get you so far on the gridiron. Heart, well...that's another story. Heart is the key, in my opinion. Indy didn't play with any last year at Brentwood (with a few key exceptions) and gave up a 70 yard run on the first play. We'll see if they bring it this year, especially on an emotional senior night for this group...the first ever group to complete all four years at the school.