What Teams/schools have the best Website

DonCChatt

Having a flash video in a website is a poor choice, as flash is bandwidth heavy, which can cause problems for viewers on slow internet connections.

I differ, if the video is encoded at the right bitrate that won't cause any problem. You just have to serve the according bit rate for example, the flv have to be encoded at a lower bit rate for people who are using 56k modems, you will compromise the quality however. If it is being served from a flash streaming server you won't have to encode at different bit rates, just one and let it stream. To say flash video is a poor choice is not a correct statement, check some of the more visit websites such as espn, abc, cbs, they all serve videos..

Right on soccercoach, what ever that means. Way over my head. Now which button do I press to turn on my Commodore 64 /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a very impressive looking website. Lots of information, nice use of javascript. It's simple, but effective. Again, I'd encourage your site administrator(s) to have a look at this. Additionally, all the tables are given fixed locations, which means that some users (such as me) have to scroll over left and right to see all the content. Having to scroll down is perfectly normal, but having to scroll left and right is not a good thing. Using relative locations, rather than absolute, should fix this. Besides those two things, however, it is wonder. It's as good as, and probably better than, the Oak Ridge girls' website.

In all fairness, I got home from the Oak Ridge Farragut game tonight and the website was already updated with the game highlights before it hit the report on WBIR later on. As far as the flash goes, just skip over it. I think the website was by volunteer standards, outstanding. The webmaster said if he fixes the errors, it would mess up the look and feel. There are good soccer schools that dont even have a website so kudos to anyone who gets one going. If people want a pro web site then pay for it. Im not going to be nitpicky with respect to a school website built by a volunteer. For the time and info, I think the website is the best in TN prep soccer, boys or girls.

Well, they all look good. We have been checking out what the other schools are doing and have gotten some good ideas from this post. Looks like Hixson (from DonCChat's post) has one of the best websites.......but all are well done and its good to see the kids get added exposure/credit for their hard work during the season by letting us follow them on the Web.