Smyrna vs Riverdale

82cat

If it was soccer and not football, Riverdale would have won 56-9 on combined score

BTW, Coach Rankin was 194-25 for a .885 winning PCT. Coach Aydelott? 19-2, .905 PCT.

Coach Rankin took over a 3-7 team and went 4-6 his first year and then 10-1 his second season....

Coach Aydelott is a hail mary and a missed FG (or some could say another hail mary) from being at least 21-0..... Not bad for 21 ball games out of the chute....

wow 13 of his 25 losses came in his first 2 years and the other 12 was spread out over what 12 years or so that is pretty impressive too along with 4 state championships and 5 runner ups i think that is right ..not too shabby

lets see what coach A does this year

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale played part of the last quarter of the Oakland game in the rain if that counts. I think everybody practiced in the rain today. So what does it matter that Smyrna practiced in the rain?

just wonderd if they had any place other than the gym somone for riverdale posted in reply

"or they go to an inside field down the road dont remember the name of it "

that was why I asked.

Smyrna has practiced (in pads) at the indoor soccer facility. cant do much passing but you can work on runs and inside line drills. It isn't perfect but it beats the gym. due to rain predicted all week I am sure both will stay outside

Just a thought - if oaklands out of the playoffs would they allow any other region 4 team to use their facility?

The way Ferguson hates Riverdale I'm not going to hold my breath on that one...besides, I don't think we would ask.

it is rare to have to practice indoors I can not think of many at smyrna over the past 10 years probably less than 10

there are some years we never practice indoors some maybe twice.

while it is important to get used to the elements sometimes you can get more work in especially sets and stuff indoors.

no extra bleachers - i would suggest staying home and watching it on tv if i was a riverdale fan /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

bryson - will be fine by friday night and we need him to be. If he doesn't break a 25 yard run on 3rd and like 17 we never kick the fg that ends up winning the game.

with all the talk about the offenses the defenses have both played pretty well

stats of the week

smyrnas avg margin of victory against same region teams 16

riverdales 17

both beat blackman 13 to 0

should be a close game won in the 4th quarter.

Close game? Thats what they were saying about Wilson Cental last week but it turn out be almost another shutout baring one busted play by Wilson Central. The big difference between these two teams is that Riverdale has found away to win every week and has gotten better each week while Smyrna has just rested on there 2 star offense. The riverdale defense will once again step up and dominate in this game. This group of seniors hasnt forgotten the region playoffs from last year and they will be ready.....go Warriors!!!

Congrats to Boykin for being named Jeff Fishers High School Player of the week. Look for him tonight on the Jeff Fisher show on channel 2. He had an awesome game friday against wilson central on both sides of the ball. Look for him to again be a big factor this week against Smyrna. This Riverdale team is on a roll and are starting to see the finish line and have never been so focused. The bitter memory of last years region playoff will be washed from the mouths on firday night....Go Warriors...one game at a time!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />