Smyrna vs Riverdale

82cat

Overall record is 17-1

That 1 kind of sticks out like a sore thumb.

But in a rivalry that closely resembles that of the hammer and the nail a sore thumb is the result every now and then...

yea that one was as good as it gets.

Smyrna will once again try to slay the giant riverdale the number one undefeated team in the state with 81 reigion wins in a row

Im sure riverdale is ordering concession for home field advantage knowing they have smyrnas number

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Smyrna poster posted this a little while back:

whatever smyrna is doing it must work

last time I saw you you were leaving your home field after getting beat by the 5a STATE CHAMION SMYRNA BULLDOGS

CRYING LIKE A BABY!!!!

That bashing smyrna all the time may have worked in the past but it just sounds like sour grapes coming from someone on a team that got beat on their own field to the eventual STATE CHAMPION SMYRNA BULLDOGS

you talked all that crap last year but when it came down to crunch time YOU could not back it up losing to the 5A STATE CHAMPION SMYRNA BULLDOGS

After last year I saved and posted a few of your famous quotes and looks like you are already getting started for 07

but once again last year your quotes were bravado ------- after losing they just sound whiny

By the way riverdale has a proud tradition of winning chamionships --- once again how many of those were you responsible for or played a part in??

thats what I thought

I said at the time it would be more appropriate to discuss it around now. Mysteriously, it got deleted. This was directed at 17 year old high-schooler.

Im sure around 6 or so.

still say just stay home and watch it on the tv in low definition.

yep thats me just like on austin powers Dr Evil

those stats were pretty interesting what did you think about how even they were?

Hey cat, I found those stats interesting myself. Smyrna scored more points than Riverdale against common teams but also gave up more points. I would think that the advantage would go to Riverdale due to better defense and a clock eating offense. Given I am a Riverdale fan, I would interpret it this way. I am sure you can work this stat in your favor as well. I do believe the key to this game will be how well the Smyrna O line can handle (if at all) the Riverdale D line. I have not seen Smyrna this year but from what I have heard and seen in news clips, I do not think Smyrna's O line is as good as last years. I believe Riverdale's defense is better this year, bigger and faster.

Looks a lot like UT vs Vandy or Kansas vs Oklahoma or Florida vs Kentucky or ???

1976 41 14

1977 21 7

1978 27 7

1979 13 0

1980 21 7

1995 22 6

1996 46 13

1997 47 0

1998 27 13

2001 51 7

2002 38 0

2003 20 7

2004 65 20

35 0

2005 51 20

35 21

2006 49 0

7 9

616 151

34.2 8.4

Love the info limmy, but maybe things are changing. I am so glad we were able to "sneak" one out last year. We are so fourtunate to be able to stay on the field with mighty Riverdale. Make no mistake about it, Rankin dominated more than us. We have someone now that we can match wits with.

Which Smyrna poster posted this a little while back:

whatever smyrna is doing it must work

last time I saw you you were leaving your home field after getting beat by the 5a STATE CHAMION SMYRNA BULLDOGS

CRYING LIKE A BABY!!!!

That bashing smyrna all the time may have worked in the past but it just sounds like sour grapes coming from someone on a team that got beat on their own field to the eventual STATE CHAMPION SMYRNA BULLDOGS

you talked all that crap last year but when it came down to crunch time YOU could not back it up losing to the 5A STATE CHAMPION SMYRNA BULLDOGS

After last year I saved and posted a few of your famous quotes and looks like you are already getting started for 07

but once again last year your quotes were bravado ------- after losing they just sound whiny

By the way riverdale has a proud tradition of winning chamionships --- once again how many of those were you responsible for or played a part in??

thats what I thought

I said at the time it would be more appropriate to discuss it around now. Mysteriously, it got deleted. This was directed at 17 year old high-schooler.

yep I posted it allright. I got provoked by some comments from a 17 year old and responded

what tdc doesn't tell you or post (and he knows this) is I almost immediately realized what a rediculous response that was from a grown man and I apologized to the riverdale player involved and he posted back and accpeted my apology.

so I will say it and post it again I should have NEVER been drawn in by ANY comments by a 17 year old kid no matter what they were and I apologize

It did make me start a new policy - no reponse to any comments from kids regardless and also increased my ignore list by about 6 or 7

so there you go

We all make mistakes and No ones perfect

Love the info limmy, but maybe things are changing. I am so glad we were able to "sneak" one out last year. We are so fourtunate to be able to stay on the field with mighty Riverdale. Make no mistake about it, Rankin dominated more than us. We have someone now that we can match wits with.

If it was soccer and not football, Riverdale would have won 56-9 on combined score

BTW, Coach Rankin was 194-25 for a .885 winning PCT. Coach Aydelott? 19-2, .905 PCT.

Coach Rankin took over a 3-7 team and went 4-6 his first year and then 10-1 his second season....

Coach Aydelott is a hail mary and a missed FG (or some could say another hail mary) from being at least 21-0..... Not bad for 21 ball games out of the chute....