Smyrna vs Riverdale

82cat

OK as one who has NOT seen the T shirt and does NOT know what it says could somebody PM me and tell me what it says?

If it is as good as some in the past it should be great! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

not good with this LOD help me out if you can in smyna lost to rhs and wc and lhs beat wc would smyrna be out of the playoffs or would the get in over lhs cause they got lucky that lhs missed the game winning field goal

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to say 21-14 Riverdale.

Keys to te game:

For Riverdale: don't allow any big plays, easy scores

For Smyrna: Don't let Riverdale control the ball for long drives that end in points

Like most big games, this one will be decided at the line of scrimmage. Riverdale has the advantage at the LOS and will win if they minimize mistakes.

Turnovers are the great equalizer and whoever has the most will likely lose. Hope it doesn't rain but I'm not really sure who the rain would favor.

Region championship is on the line tomorrow night.

Go Warriors!!!!

not good with this LOD help me out if you can in smyna lost to rhs and wc and lhs beat wc would smyrna be out of the playoffs or would the get in over lhs cause they got lucky that lhs missed the game winning field goal

I can answer that

smyrna can lose out and will still be in even in a worse case scenario. presuming smyrna loses out and everyone else wins out. (riverdale 7-0 wc 6-1)

smyrna 4-3

lebanon 4-3

siegel 4-3

lavergne 4 -3

lavergnes is out since they lost to all 3

if the above played out then you would have a true round robin with each beating the other, then you go to overall wins

siegel 7 wins (3 out of region)

smyrna 6 wins ( 2 out of region)

lebanon 5 wins ( 1 out of region)

lebanon would be out

right now there is no scenario where lavergne could get in even if they beat wc

wc 4-3

lebanon 4-3

siegel 4 -3

lavergne 4 -3

round robin everybody would have beaten each other so you go to tie breakers

wc 7 wins

siegel 7 wins

lavergne 7 wins

lebanon 5 wins

lebanon - out

since all 3 left have 7 wins you then go to who has the most wins over teams that have won 50% of their games and this is where it gets really weird because several of these teams are barely at 50% with 2 games to play.

right now here is how many each has over teams with 50% wins

wc - 2 wins

lavergne - 1

siegel - 1

if it stays that way wc takes # 3 spot and then you go back to head to head and siegel beat lavergne so they would be in

tssaa say any time you get any teams tied you go back to head to head:

C. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.

bet you wish you didn't ask /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

all you riverdale fans are right about last years game that was a fluke and everything will get back to normal this week you should win by at least 40

hey as long as we win I hope you get to make lucky t shirts next year to /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

last week somone said about smyrna winning the chamionship was like a "blind squirrel finding a nut every now and then"

so last week we were the blind squirrels

I guess this week we will be the lucky blind squirrels /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

go lucky blind squirrels from smyrna

someone will win this friday and somone will lose but it won't have anything to do with last years game.

lucky blind squirrels from smyrna - 21

riverdale 14

one element that is in smyrnas favor is having seen several of riverdales games the kicker has not gotten it into the end zone and usually kicks it short. If this is the case smyrna should have good field position. So far this year no one has kicked it to rod be interesting to see if riverdale does.

What if:

Riverdale wins out, 7-0, 10-0

WC wins out, 6-1, 9-1

Siegel wins out 4-3, 7-3

Smyrna loses out 4-3, 6-4

Lebanon loses to Siegel 4-3, 5-5

Wouldn't Siegel get in based on overall record and then lebanon get in based on head-to-head? The whole thing is a real brain-teaser.

If 3 teams with the same region record are left for 2 spots the first tiebreaker is head to head. Since one of these three didn't beat the other two (in your scenario), overall record is the next tiebreaker. Lebanon having the worst is out.

If Riverdale comes out hyped up and excited to play football like they did last week against Wilson Central, I predict it Riverdale will win by at least 2 TD's. Last week Riverdale looked like Riverdale football for the first time in a while. Smyrna has not lived up to the hype this year, and we will see what they are truly about Friday. Turnovers and ball possesion will play a large part in this game. My predictioin Riverdale 28 Smyrna 10.