Smyrna vs Riverdale

82cat

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its funny how Bdogg has been heating Riverdale fans up (me more than anyone i admit) this season and finally cools off the week of the game...kinda miss that haha. thats the way its always been the Riverdale/Smyrna week on these boards (it has just been like that the whole year for a change). i definately can do without tho, just dont want anyone to get the perspective that Riverdale isn't HYPED for this game (embarassment last year)...wont be any shortage on intensity friday night.

man im excited i dont think Riverdale takes it for granted being undefeated at this point because they came into this game last year with a loss...seem to be hitting a stride at the right time. of course i cant speak for the team when i say this but to have not looked forward to this game all year was simply impossible. its NOW so i think all the focus will be on NOW.

i'll take any win from 1 point to 49 points...smyrna took their 2 point win and went all the way to state with it after the playoff game last year, built their confidence up. not that riverdale is lacking of it but they are in a new position having lost the last game played in this series they need to have this monkey off their back cause the 2006 quarterfinals havent been forgotten whether smyrna is 6-2 or 8-0 they will be taken seriously.

see you all friday /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i sure hope riverdale is hyped..cause smyrna sure is...cant wait till tomorrow night

I'm thinking Smyrna with the upset here. Gray and Wilks really step up, after already being great all season to spectacular for this game. Close game, 38-35 OT SMYRNA!

Wilks will be double teamed all night and Gray has never seen a defensive line like Riverdale all year. There size and there rush will keep him off balance all night. Besides, the Smyrna defense hasn't really been able to stop anyone all year and Riverdale will play ball control and once again reign supreme in Region 4-5A........

Go Warriors..one game at a time....and this one will win the region!!!!

Having seen both teams, Riverdale in the preseason and Smyrna against Oakland... I think Smyrna is a more complete team than last season, I think they have the talent to win the game BUT I have to go with Riverdale... because of last season... I think Smyrna made the Warriors more focused and more potent by beating them last year... Riverdale fell alseep at the wheel last year, not taking anything away from Smyrna, but I say Riverdale by 10.

Wilks will be double teamed all night and Gray has never seen a defensive line like Riverdale all year. There size and there rush will keep him off balance all night. Besides, the Smyrna defense hasn't really been able to stop anyone all year and Riverdale will play ball control and once again reign supreme in Region 4-5A........

Go Warriors..one game at a time....and this one will win the region!!!!

Smyrna's defense was wierd against Oakland, while the starters only gave up six points there were a couple times Oakland drove the ball well and then did something... well not smart. But I think Smyrna's defense may be better than you think.

Having seen both teams, Riverdale in the preseason and Smyrna against Oakland... I think Smyrna is a more complete team than last season, I think they have the talent to win the game BUT I have to go with Riverdale... because of last season... I think Smyrna made the Warriors more focused and more potent by beating them last year... Riverdale fell alseep at the wheel last year, not taking anything away from Smyrna, but I say Riverdale by 10.

If you havent seen Riverdale since preseason then you havent seen Riverdale. This team has gotten better each week while Smyrna has just cruised through the season just getting by. The Riverdale defense will once agian dominate this game...

I'm thinking Smyrna with the upset here. Gray and Wilks really step up, after already being great all season to spectacular for this game. Close game, 38-35 OT SMYRNA!

Will not happen. No way that Riverdale gives up 38 points in one game to anybody. They have given up only 54 points all year. The offenses are about even in points scored this year (Smyrna 216, Riverdale 200). Riverdale's defense is way better giving up 54 points this year compared to Smyrna's 116. While some may argue that some of the points Smyrna gave up were garbage points, they did give up 31 to Lebanon in a loss. These were not garbage points given up in a blow out win. Riverdale wins this one 28 - 7, maybe 28 - 14.

From the DNJ:

Football coach Ron Aydelott doesn't want his players to abandon what has worked for them and play a different style of ball Friday just because they're facing Smyrna.

"It's kind of like a golfer in the final round with Tiger Woods," Aydelott said. "If you look at Tiger Woods, you're not thinking about your game. We've got to think about our game, we've got to think about what's at stake, and what's at stake is the region championship and the chance for homefield advantage for sure for the first two rounds and quite possibly for three rounds. That's what's at stake for us, and that's what I hope we're focusing on."

"The Smyrna situation — it is what it is, and if it fires our kids up to play, then that's not a bad thing."