District 11-AAA

TnScout11

I'd be surprised if Centennial beats out Franklin in this division. Drew Kelly is the real deal and one of the state's best in any class, however, they will struggle at the guard position as usual. McClemore, if he is still there is more shoot first and the rest of the guards havent shown they can protect the ball and feed it to Kelly in the right spots. I think the point made that the Franklin kids played AAU all summer together, and they are skilled, is a major advantage. Guards always seem to make teams go and that is where Centennial has come up short in the past. However, if those guys can get it to Kelly and make good decisions, they can be effective. Just have to see what happens with their development. If they all realize the ball needs to go through Kelly first, then they could succeed.

I believe that McLemore did play AAU this summer if im not mistaken. Alot of people have told me he's becoming a more consistent shooter. Last year, he was either red-hot or ice-cold, which was the difference in alot of games last year. If he can stay consistent, then Centennial should make a big run. Speaking of the guards, Ty Jones will replace Chaz Scales as the starting point guard this year, again another guy that had a very impressive offseason.

Regardless of the results, you've got to be excited about this Franklin-Centennial rivalry over the next couple seasons. We're assured of a bunch of great matchups.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't count out Indy this year. They have some emerging junior stars in Blake Carden, Ryan Eilermann, Casey Consiglio, and Morgan Scott. Even though the senior class this year is much smaller than it was last year, seniors like Jonathan Robinson, Travis Edington, Issac Baugh, and Zach Jeppeson will make impacts. This team has heart this year and is a sleeper in 11-AAA.

well your obviously a centennial fan and i can agree with you that centennial will be a contender but when u say that Franklin isnt returning many of their starters, that does not matter. their junior class with players such as young, starnes, kegarise, and haddix are just as good if not better than all of last years starters. Franklin's coaching will help but that is not what is going to carry them, those players i just mentioned will carry franklin.

I couldn't agree with you more. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The players and their chemistry is what will carry FHS this year. And yes, CHS will probably be their toughest District opponent. There is really no point in debating which is the stronger team. Come Feb. , they both will be moving on from the District to the Region tournament. That is when "the rubber meets the road". Good luck to whichever one of them draws Antioch in the 1st or 2nd round. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I agree with most of what you said, except for the next 2 years part. FHS have 4 good sophomores and a very nice freshman class coming in. I will be surprised if the freshman team loses a game. Wait to you see the freshman point guard. WOW

Well, that is certainly exciting news. I look forward to seeing the Freshman team. Who is coaching them this year?

you cant say that franklin's inside game will be bad when starnes is a threat and Haddix is too. and oh yea, haddix is 6'9. although i will say i think centennial's inside game does have the edge just because of Kelly

Yep, Starnes & Haddix ought to be able to keep Kelly & his sidekick to well below their season average, like we did last year. As I've I said, speed, size and depth, not to mention a very aggressive defense has been our strong points for the last 3-4 years. We shall see if Centennial (or Ravenwood) has an answer!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Yep, Starnes & Haddix ought to be able to keep Kelly & his sidekick to well below their season average, like we did last year. As I've I said, speed, size and depth, not to mention a very aggressive defense has been our strong points for the last 3-4 years. We shall see if Centennial (or Ravenwood) has an answer!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Is scoring 30+ considered below his season average?

I saw the Franklin AAU team play this summer and was very impressed. Drew Kelly continues to develop and should make CHS tough to handle. After last season I felt Centennial would be the favorite, however after seeing the depth of the FHS team, I am not so sure. If pressed for a pick, I would go with the Rebels due to coaching and tradition and depth.

I don't see another team in the district that will challenge these two.

Is scoring 30+ considered below his season average?

That sounds about right. I think that Kelly averaged 30+ last year. He may bump it up to 35+ average this year. I believe that FHS has kept him in the teens or low 20's during most of our games against Centennial for the last 2 years. Check the stats if you have access to them. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any team that fronts Kelly with a big man and then goes after the lob pass into him will have an impact on his "usual" scoring level. He is definitely a talented young man. But weak guard play in years past has cost CHS a number of victories. Maybe this year will be different.

Good luck to all of the District 11-AAA teams. I would dearly love to see one of ya'll playing in "The 'Boro!!" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That sounds about right. I think that Kelly averaged 30+ last year. He may bump it up to 35+ average this year. I believe that FHS has kept him in the teens or low 20's during most of our games against Centennial for the last 2 years. Check the stats if you have access to them. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any team that fronts Kelly with a big man and then goes after the lob pass into him will have an impact on his "usual" scoring level. He is definitely a talented young man. But weak guard play in years past has cost CHS a number of victories. Maybe this year will be different.

Good luck to all of the District 11-AAA teams. I would dearly love to see one of ya'll playing in "The 'Boro!!" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Last year, His average was just over 24 a game. I know he had 34 in the District Final game. I think he had 19 in the first game after getting only 6 in the first half, but he had somewhere in the mid to high 20s the second game. I can't remember exactly what he had in the FHS games 05-06, but he had a pretty good game the first matchup, (the first time I actually saw him play). I think his average was 18 a game, but i dont know for sure

Last year, His average was just over 24 a game. I know he had 34 in the District Final game. I think he had 19 in the first game after getting only 6 in the first half, but he had somewhere in the mid to high 20s the second game. I can't remember exactly what he had in the FHS games 05-06, but he had a pretty good game the first matchup, (the first time I actually saw him play). I think his average was 18 a game, but i dont know for sure

Kelly could average 40 a game this year, but will that help them get better? I'd rather have all 5 guys chipping in. That was Centennials problem last year, he is going to get his points, just don't let the other guys beat you. Kelly is very good, but it's easier for a PG or Wing to lead a team as opposed to a post player, tourney time comes down to gaurd play, until I see it, I'll go with Franklin's gaurds. On a side note,,,why does metro hate PhillyFan?? What did he do?