District 11-AAA

TnScout11

I'm not sure what you mean by the coaches comment

Any good coach can slow their team down without anyone

noticing. I'm not implying that he wanted a defeat by 40, but

a loss at this time makes the kids work harder to prepare for the future.

I think its good to lose a battle every now and then.

That loss on paper may look bad, but I'm sure that the

Franklin coach knows what he is doing. I'll bet

you that during Tuesdays game, the kids pick it up

a notch.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any good coach can slow their team down without anyone

noticing. I'm not implying that he wanted a defeat by 40, but

a loss at this time makes the kids work harder to prepare for the future.

I think its good to lose a battle every know and then.

That loss on paper may look bad, but I'm sure that the

Franklin coach knows what he is doing. I'll bet

you that during Tuesdays game, the kids pick it up

a notch.

Oh I see what you mean now. Tonight should be interesting. I can't wait!

Just a quick question. When was the last time a team from this district made it to the state tournament besides Hillsboro? Yes, I know Franklin won the state in 1989, and I know Overton was runner-up in '94. The question is who has been recently other than Hillsboro?

Pearl-Cohn made it in 98 as a member of District 11, but as far as current teams, I couldn't find anything past 1998.

centennial beat BGA 73-53...i think that was final, i didnt see the last few minutes of the game.

Kelly had somewhere around 25 pts...i lost track

McLemore had 24 most of em 3 pointers

i cant do stats like CHS2007....all in all centennial played well, lots of room for improvement, the guards played well, found drew inside alot, and kept it outside when he wasnt there. Kelly also had a very nice dunk late in the game as well

Leaf Chronicle ...

Clarksville High, last season’s Class AAA state runner-up, opened its season Tuesday in unique style playing two Hall of Fame games on the same night.

In a rematch of last season’s sectional, Lavonte Henderson and Tyrone Caldwell scored 25 points each, and the Wildcats beat Franklin High 86-67.

“Ted (Young) has one of the better programs in the midstate. We’ve enjoyed playing him, because it shows us where we need to be among the best teams in the midstate,” Franklin coach Jay Johnson said. “I told him before the game it seems like we had just left here. They’re an athletic team that did a good job of answering everything we did every time we made a run.”

Franklin led 13-12 at the end of the first quarter, but the Wildcats took a 32-24 lead into the half. Clarksville went into fourth quarter ahead 52-44, then outscored the Rebels by 11 in the final eight minutes.

“I always enjoy playing against a Jay Johnson team, because they’ll stretch you and make you play better,” Young said. “I thought we did a lot of good things on defense, and we also did a very good job of game management. “Anytime you can keep your turnovers under 15 at the high school level you’ve done a pretty good job.”

Franklin’s Kevin Kegarise scored 17 points, hitting four 3-pointers. Clarksville High also had 11 points from Reed Harper and 10 from Averitt Baggett.

The Wildcats played Nashville Advancement Christian Academy in the second game of its doubleheader. Caldwell, along with three players from NACA, will sign with Austin Peay today on the first day of the fall signing period. NACA defeated Clarksville 69-66.