District 11-AAA

TnScout11

Don't count out Indy this year. They have some emerging junior stars in Blake Carden, Ryan Eilermann, Casey Consiglio, and Morgan Scott. Even though the senior class this year is much smaller than it was last year, seniors like Jonathan Robinson, Travis Edington, Issac Baugh, and Zach Jeppeson will make impacts. This team has heart this year and is a sleeper in 11-AAA.

This is true. Elephant (Edington) and J-Rob (Robinson) will create a nice presence in the paint and shooters like Consiglio and Jeppeson will have good success from behind the arc. I know they aren't favored for anything, but watch for a surprise.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Franklin AAU team play this summer and was very impressed. Drew Kelly continues to develop and should make CHS tough to handle. After last season I felt Centennial would be the favorite, however after seeing the depth of the FHS team, I am not so sure. If pressed for a pick, I would go with the Rebels due to coaching and tradition and depth.

I don't see another team in the district that will challenge these two.

Even though the Franklin players worked on their chemistry in the summer, AAU success doesn't transfer into high school game success. It sounds like they have been playing good together but AAU play is all run and gun. They do not run a set offense in AAU, it's just all about impressing college scouts. Now, they showed their usual 11-AAA supremacy last year, but AAU play is much different than 11-AAA play.

Even though the Franklin players worked on their chemistry in the summer, AAU success doesn't transfer into high school game success. It sounds like they have been playing good together but AAU play is all run and gun. They do not run a set offense in AAU, it's just all about impressing college scouts. Now, they showed their usual 11-AAA supremacy last year, but AAU play is much different than 11-AAA play.

You apparently did not see this AAU team play. They did run their offense, usually. That is what made them a solid squad, they were not a run and gun team, but a slow it down and work for the good shot team. They beat some great teams running their stuff, especially at Nationals.

You apparently did not see this AAU team play. They did run their offense, usually. That is what made them a solid squad, they were not a run and gun team, but a slow it down and work for the good shot team. They beat some great teams running their stuff, especially at Nationals.

True that, running "their stuff" was a reason to keep them together, obviously this IHS fan was writing down information not based upon facts!

IHS??? they have no one, their coach didnt play anyone but seniors last year. AND THEY STILL LOST. All these IHS kids people are talking about wont do anything besides get their team to 5th or 6th in the district. Plus without Lamont Harris Centennial wont be as good, he was the reason they beat teams, now that they dont have him, they will be easier to match up with. Plus all this talk about the Franklin and how they play Antioch, ANTIOCH WILL WIN! Ravnwood plays Antioch on friday also. Someone keeps mentioning the Franklin AAU team and how they were so good, The Tennessee Thunder had Kyle Upton, Mike Williams, Mike Mcadoo, and Keith Morris. So stop talking about AAU. AAU is over. Franklin will be good, but so will Ravenwood, and Centennial doesnt have coaching to get them anywhere. Hillsboro will have the most athletic team, but no chemistry. Brentwood has coach King, so what?? he has no team, talent or players to win more than 10 games. Franklin and Ravenwood are the best equipt teams.

IHS??? they have no one, their coach didnt play anyone but seniors last year. AND THEY STILL LOST. All these IHS kids people are talking about wont do anything besides get their team to 5th or 6th in the district. Plus without Lamont Harris Centennial wont be as good, he was the reason they beat teams, now that they dont have him, they will be easier to match up with. Plus all this talk about the Franklin and how they play Antioch, ANTIOCH WILL WIN! Ravnwood plays Antioch on friday also. Someone keeps mentioning the Franklin AAU team and how they were so good, The Tennessee Thunder had Kyle Upton, Mike Williams, Mike Mcadoo, and Keith Morris. So stop talking about AAU. AAU is over. Franklin will be good, but so will Ravenwood, and Centennial doesnt have coaching to get them anywhere. Hillsboro will have the most athletic team, but no chemistry. Brentwood has coach King, so what?? he has no team, talent or players to win more than 10 games. Franklin and Ravenwood are the best equipt teams.

Lay off the coffee bro!

Lay off the coffee bro!

Ha i totally agree with you coach. I saw this franklin team play this summer and lately and they have these two guards who are really solid. their names are peyton henry and jeff roberts. Peyton can shoot the rock!!!! I mean this kid is not just a good shooter he can really knock down a shot consistently. Jeff has improved on his quickness and ballhandling and his defense is nasty. He will pick your pocket if you crossover in front of him and he can make a good defender fall. Let me know what you think of these kids.

Is anyone besides me tempted to rank Ravenwood last just to tick this guy off?

do the centennial kids have a life? all they are doing is posting about how centennial will be good. They won because of the Harris and Kelly duo. Kelly is alone this year.

I'm with Scout, The Raptors have worked very hard I've heard in the offseason.

Oh and by the way the turn out of the Antioch vs. Franklin scrimmage was Antioch by 57. Thats a big margin. This will be a good district to watch but i still see the Raptors at #1 and the Rebels filling in behind them at the 2 spot.

Watch for the Raptors to use their seniors a ton but there are about three juniors that will get very good playing time.

RHS plays David Lipscomb November 13th at DL

last years result as a season opener was David Lipscomb by 2 with a game winning three with 3 seconds remaining..

it should be a great year in this district!!