State Tournament PREDICTIONS AAA

bratman

First, these are totally unintelligent picks based (sort of like my football boards) based on what I read here and on brief conversations I have with friends still in TN. I am not trying to be mean, just taking a guess at the bracket like we all do at NCAA tourney time!

AAA

Houston v Siegel - Siegel has promised much in the last few years, but hasn't played its best at State. They take this one BIG 3-0.

Science Hill vs Brentwood - The upper East is down. Sullivan South dominated for a few years and SH is just happy to be here. Brentwood will empty the bench winning 3-0.

DB vs Centennial - My bracket busting upset special. Well coached team, great athletic school, Cent might get caught looking ahead to round 2. DB 3-1.

Munford vs Ooltewah - According to coach T the owls will be Hooting for more than a first round win this years. Oo-Oo-Ooltewah BIG 3-0.

Centennial vs Siegel - Must game for Cent after first round upset. Siegel thinking sweep. Two teams that know each other is a fight with Cent winning 3-2.

SH vs Ooltewah - Hooty says I'm 2-0 after another 3-0 win!

DB vs Houston - DB is "Butter" winning 3-1.

Brentwood vs Munford - Did the Wood get the easiest state tourney draw ever, or is AAA just way down this year? 3-0 with no game going over 25-5.

siegel vs DB - siegel smacks Cinderella, hard! 3-0.

Brentwood vs Ooltewah - Could be a prediction of the finals. Owls have some fight, but come up a little short losing 3-2.

Houston vs Centennial - "Houston, you have a problem" You just went 0-9 in pool play.

SH vs Munford - In a game that means nothing SH plays for pride and gets some 3-1.

Pool 1 Pool 2

1. Cent 2-1 (7-5) 1. Brentwood 3-0 (9-2)

2. siegel 2-1 (8-3) 2. Ooltewah 2-1 (8-3

3. DB 2-1 (6-5) 3. Science Hill 1-2 (3-7)

4. Houston 03 (0-9) 4. Munford 0-3 (1-9)

Semi Finals

Cent vs Ooltewah Great run end with too much wing power Owls 3-2.

siegel vs Wood Too much history, championships start with believing. Wood 3-0

Finals: This is not a 5 star "lock" pick, but I gotta feeling, Ooltewah 3-1!

Please don't get mad, this is really just for fun and is my GUESS!

Good luck all/

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pool 1 Pool 2

1. Cent 2-1 (7-5) 1. Brentwood 3-0 (9-2)

2. siegel 2-1 (8-3) 2. Ooltewah 2-1 (8-3

3. DB 2-1 (6-5) 3. Science Hill 1-2 (3-7)

4. Houston 03 (0-9) 4. Munford 0-3 (1-9)

Semi Finals

Cent vs Ooltewah Great run end with too much wing power Owls 3-2.

siegel vs Wood Too much history, championships start with believing. Wood 3-0

Finals: This is not a 5 star "lock" pick, but I gotta feeling, Ooltewah 3-1!

Please don't get mad, this is really just for fun and is my GUESS!

Good luck all/

Interesting pick as far as the "champion". For the most part I would tend to agree with you in the pools and the final 2. The last time Ooltewah and Brentwood met, was in the semi's at State last year and it was a pretty exciting match! Both teams lost some players but Ooltewah has the majority of theirs back. I'm hoping the "experience" is a benefit and I believe if the young ladies just play their game and don't think about it being "Brentwood" on the other side of the net, you could be right.

Side note, I can't believe I'm mostly agreeing with you! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I only registered on this website to post this comment to Bratman. This will be my only post. You say at the bottom of your predictions something like don't get mad & good luck all...HA what a laugh. You talk about Munford like they are nobody, and I resent the "blank" out of that. The Lady Cougars and their coaches worked their rear-ends off to get to the State Tournament and they deserve to be there just as much as anyone else does. They are the first team from Munford to ever make it as far as State and YOU should be ashamed of yourself. You may want to know WHY you should be ashamed, well here it is, THE TEAM HAS SEEN WHAT YOU WROTE ABOUT THEM ..............after all their hard work some jerk like YOU who knows NOTHING about them bashes them. I think by your wording that you are somewhat of a grown man............these are High School girls playing their hearts out and enjoying their moment in the sun and you post some crap like this. I hope you are at their games tomorrow because THEY WILL HAVE MORE THAN 5 POINTS IN EVERY GAME THEY PLAY.

WIN OR LOSE THEY ARE CHAMPIONS NOW AND WILL ALWAYS BE CHAMPIONS IN OUR EYES..................

And YES BRAT, I do have a daughter on the LADY COUGARS VOLLEYBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!

I only registered on this website to post this comment to Bratman. This will be my only post. You say at the bottom of your predictions something like don't get mad & good luck all...HA what a laugh. You talk about Munford like they are nobody, and I resent the "blank" out of that. The Lady Cougars and their coaches worked their rear-ends off to get to the State Tournament and they deserve to be there just as much as anyone else does. They are the first team from Munford to ever make it as far as State and YOU should be ashamed of yourself. You may want to know WHY you should be ashamed, well here it is, THE TEAM HAS SEEN WHAT YOU WROTE ABOUT THEM ..............after all their hard work some jerk like YOU who knows NOTHING about them bashes them. I think by your wording that you are somewhat of a grown man............these are High School girls playing their hearts out and enjoying their moment in the sun and you post some crap like this. I hope you are at their games tomorrow because THEY WILL HAVE MORE THAN 5 POINTS IN EVERY GAME THEY PLAY.

WIN OR LOSE THEY ARE CHAMPIONS NOW AND WILL ALWAYS BE CHAMPIONS IN OUR EYES..................

And YES BRAT, I do have a daughter on the LADY COUGARS VOLLEYBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!

This is very funny.

Munford does belong at State. Are they one of the best 8 teams in the state? No. Could they compete at the middle school level in Nashville? Maybe.

Centennial beat Ooltewah at Huntsville, handed Brentwood their (only??) loss of the season, and took Brentwood to 5 games at regionals. With Brentwood as the host team. The Lady Cougars are tough.

No one here is doubting Centennial.I sure hate to think of playing for a 6th time this year.1-camp,2-reg season,district and region championships,It will be a awesome match when it happens,looks like it going too.

Go Bruins /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

This is very funny.

Munford does belong at State. Are they one of the best 8 teams in the state? No. Could they compete at the middle school level in Nashville? Maybe.

Munford got to STATE on pure determination and grit not to mention raw talent. They are not a private league team masquerading as a 'high school' girls team. They are simply a very talented high school girl Volleyball team with feelings and goals and a spirit of sportsmanship unrivaled by so many of the so-called 'winning' teams at these State games. Yes, my child plays for Munford also. Its a terrible shame that our girls first experience with State Championship games involves our having to explain that sometimes people are just mean-spirited.

Obviously Munford deserves to be @ state, otherwise how would they be there? They won whatever they needed to win to make their trip possible.

I don't have anyone playing anymore, but I sure do remember the first time Franklin made it to the 'Boro, back in 2002 - it was so awesome. I'm sure there were folks saying we didn't belong there either - tough.

I hope the Munford team & fans have a great time. Everyone has to have their first time @ state & this is yours, enjoy all of it & rise about the critics.

Some folks on this site need to remember that if you haven't got something nice to say, well, just don't say it!

Munford got to STATE on pure determination and grit not to mention raw talent. They are not a private league team masquerading as a 'high school' girls team. They are simply a very talented high school girl Volleyball team with feelings and goals and a spirit of sportsmanship unrivaled by so many of the so-called 'winning' teams at these State games. Yes, my child plays for Munford also. Its a terrible shame that our girls first experience with State Championship games involves our having to explain that sometimes people are just mean-spirited.

You are in Munford that's all that matters!!!Congratulations on your accomplishments. You are deserving because you did what had to be done to get there. My only push back to you is don't get into the batttle with other posters and complain about "private league teams..." Congrats on a great season. You made the Elite 8.

You are in Munford that's all that matters!!!Congratulations on your accomplishments. You are deserving because you did what had to be done to get there. My only push back to you is don't get into the batttle with other posters and complain about "private league teams..." Congrats on a great season. You made the Elite 8.

#1 for Munford was awesome,and only a freshman I hear,I think you'll be back for the next 3 years

#1 for Munford was awesome,and only a freshman I hear,I think you'll be back for the next 3 years

Munford, congrats on getting to state. You deserved it. You beat collierville who is a regular at the state.

I do have one question....why in the world do you all solo block just about every time? That is insane! I know your right and left sides were undersized however, just having a body in front of a hitter helps. You can also "soft block" which really helps your back row. Regardless, you all did great. And yes, drop the private acting like a high shcool team- whining.

...and by the way, never mind ole' catuballer, his/her specialty is getting us all bent out of shape!

Munford, congrats on getting to state. You deserved it. You beat collierville who is a regular at the state.

I do have one question....why in the world do you all solo block just about every time? That is insane! I know your right and left sides were undersized however, just having a body in front of a hitter helps. You can also "soft block" which really helps your back row. Regardless, you all did great. And yes, drop the private acting like a high shcool team- whining.

...and by the way, never mind ole' catuballer, his/her specialty is getting us all bent out of shape!

Clifford 20, did the Munford coaches ask you for advice? If I were them, I would be totally offended by your comments. Someone might question your volleyball experience. What is your background - other than sitting on the bench and acting like you are a good coach or even know what you are talking about? Munford's coach could have taken your talent over the last 4 years and made it to state 4 out of 4 years.

Munford posters should just totally ignore Clifford 20 and, by the way, good luck next year.

Also, if you need some good competition next year, I hear that Page Middle is looking for an extra game. Also, I hear Culleoka thinks if they played you early in the year, it would help their team's confidence.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• One of the biggest loosing teams in Mid-State are the Macon County Tigerettes. I have noticed that the roster is smaller than in the years past. All the senior's have quit. We have a great group of Jr High players coming up. I sure hope they don't loose them, like they have lost so many others this year. With this young group of girls coming up, a weaker district, they should have no problem going to State. 
    • It was updated this season, because I did it.  Linder is the school's all-time leading rusher at 5,156 yards with 2,436 of those coming in 2014. 
    • Oh, I’m sure you did. Maybe you heard just a rumor, but considering we have a football practice field and a soccer field that’s frequently used for lacrosse games and practices, I highly doubt it. Let me change that. I know for a fact that didn’t happen.   Glad you finally stopped attacking a bunch of high school students, but still obsessed with the coaching staff for some unknown reason, even though you could name more than three (at most) coaches without looking it up. But now come up with something else.
    • You really mean the Price twin boys and Lyin Larry.
    • Now that wouldn’t surprise me a bit. That has been going on heavily since the days of Larry Kerr @ AC. One of the major reasons CC has never really had much at all, barring about 2 seasons in football. AC milks it dry.