9AA Picks

MIDTN

Being the authority on 9AA basketball, what excuses do you have now that East Lit and CPA will advance to the region while Lipscomb and Pearl Cohn sit at home.

Lipscomb should not have lost

Pearl cohn should have lost

The coaches over at East should be happy,the future is looking bright, their young team of sophomores, have knocked off two teams thought to be pretty good. I think this gives them 4 district wins. Their out of control style could cause problems for Giles or Marshall County in the region. The upside is that over the next two years if the coaches will commit to developing these tallented young ladies not only can they make it to the state championship, some of them could be looking at D-1 scholorships. What these girls have going against them is that the attend a Metro School and usually the coaches don't follow through and the girls dont get any better over the next two years. So what are you gonna do PC?

(Not pearl cohn)

Now on the otherhand over at CPA, the win over Pearl Cohn was expected. This team has proven that against state caliber teams, like LA that they can lose them by 40+. Unlike East there does not seem to be a bright spot on the Horizon for CPA. They must first higher a Coach. If their committed pay him/her some of that Maddux money. Second they probably should try and talk the 8th grader into staying. This team has beaten East 2 times and it will be hard to beat them a 3rd. I still dont understand why all of you brilliant coaches dont just zone East and make them beat you outside. They are young and have yet to develop an outside game. Once they develop an outside shooting game, this team will be unbeatable..I digress. Cpa got a great draw into the tournament, I hope you coach send roses over to east for knocking off lipscomb.

East should look at all of their extra games as practice for the future, Cpa should count themselves as lucky to be here.

The real suprise is Hume Fogg. What a great season for the #3 team in the district. Knocking off FRA with Canaday was an impressive win. Keep up the great play and have fun in the region.

Big Chief: I was wrong you guys are not going home...congratualtions! lol

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearl cohn should have lost

The coaches over at East should be happy,the future is looking bright, their young team of sophomores, have knocked off two teams thought to be pretty good. I think this gives them 4 district wins. Their out of control style could cause problems for Giles or Marshall County in the region. The upside is that over the next two years if the coaches will commit to developing these tallented young ladies not only can they make it to the state championship, some of them could be looking at D-1 scholorships. What these girls have going against them is that the attend a Metro School and usually the coaches don't follow through and the girls dont get any better over the next two years. So what are you gonna do PC?

(Not pearl cohn)

Now on the otherhand over at CPA, the win over Pearl Cohn was expected. This team has proven that against state caliber teams, like LA that they can lose them by 40+. Unlike East there does not seem to be a bright spot on the Horizon for CPA. They must first higher a Coach. If their committed pay him/her some of that Maddux money. Second they probably should try and talk the 8th grader into staying. This team has beaten East 2 times and it will be hard to beat them a 3rd. I still dont understand why all of you brilliant coaches dont just zone East and make them beat you outside. They are young and have yet to develop an outside game. Once they delevop an outside shooting game, this team will be unbeatable..I digress. Cpa got a great draw into the tournament, I hope you coach send roses over to east for knocking off lipscomb.

East should look at all of their extra games as practice for the future, Cpa should count themselves as lucky to be here.

The real suprise is Hume Fogg. What a great season for the #3 team in the district. Knocking off FRA with Canaday was an impressive win. Keep up the great play and have fun in the region.

CPA #3 seed HF #4 seed

This district has been close all season. Lipscomb's shooting was FLAT, and East's was hot. That was ultimately the difference. It is a shame it happened to Lipscomb in the tourney, but that is basketball. Congrats to DL on a great season. You were underrated all year, and you ended up playing some great ball. Seniors... Ross, Eubanks and Simmons. You will be missed. Go out and make your marks on the world. We love you!

I hate that FRA was knocked out also. Seniors... Cannady and Jackson. You are class acts and great competitors. Best of luck to you in college, and the bright futures ahead of you.

Someone had mentioned in this thread there would be great teams knocked out on the first night. They were right.

To the underclassmen, you better hit the weight rooms this summer and bulk-up. This year it looked more like football than basketball some games.

See you all next year.

. I still dont understand why all of you brilliant coaches dont just zone East and make them beat you outside. They are young and have yet to develop an outside game. Once they develop an outside shooting game, this team will be unbeatable.

Lipscomb went to a zone on them last night, and that is when the trouble started. East had one or two that were hitting threes like crazy. If Lipscomb had stayed man-to-man, they would have won.

You are right that the zone does block the lane for #5, but it opened up their guards to shoot, and shoot they did. Normally, Lipscomb can hit the threes also to even it out, but did not hit ONE last night.

My point.. East's outside game is better than a lot think (if they get hot and have confidence in it). They played much more like a team last night, and their coach did a great job subbing to keep their legs fresh. While I hated to see Lipscomb lose, I was impressed with East's coaching.

Now on the otherhand over at CPA, the win over Pearl Cohn was expected. This team has proven that against state caliber teams, like LA that they can lose them by 40+. Unlike East there does not seem to be a bright spot on the Horizon for CPA. They must first higher a Coach. If their committed pay him/her some of that Maddux money. Second they probably should try and talk the 8th grader into staying. This team has beaten East 2 times and it will be hard to beat them a 3rd. I still dont understand why all of you brilliant coaches dont just zone East and make them beat you outside. They are young and have yet to develop an outside game. Once they delevop an outside shooting game, this team will be unbeatable..I digress. Cpa got a great draw into the tournament, I hope you coach send roses over to east for knocking off lipscomb.

Boy now theres an unbiased opinion. CPA has won 8 straight against all the teams you are so impressed with. And if you really knew what you were talking about you would realize there is a very bright future for CPA girls basketball program. CPA's varsity team gets valuable minutes every night from 4 freshmen and 2 sophomores. Their Middle school team is 21-1, with their #2 and #3 scorers being 7th graders, so it is not all the 8th grade phenom you talk about, which she is and she will be playing for CPA.

CPA earned their position in the tournament and just because East Lit knocked off Lipscomb does not mean they had a great draw.

If you are going to get on here and pretend to be all knowing then at least do your homework and earn some credibility.

Boy now theres an unbiased opinion. CPA has won 8 straight against all the teams you are so impressed with. And if you really knew what you were talking about you would realize there is a very bright future for CPA girls basketball program. CPA's varsity team gets valuable minutes every night from 4 freshmen and 2 sophomores. Their Middle school team is 21-1, with their #2 and #3 scorers being 7th graders, so it is not all the 8th grade phenom you talk about, which she is and she will be playing for CPA.

CPA earned their position in the tournament and just because East Lit knocked off Lipscomb does not mean they had a great draw.

If you are going to get on here and pretend to be all knowing then at least do your homework and earn some credibility.

You said I was all knowing! I never said that.

I am not impressed with any team that CPA beat other than Ezell. I was suprised that FRA and Lipscomb beat cheatham, station camp and others, I did not think this district was that good. I would love to give them credit for such an "impressive" victory over ezell, But, I dont think it can be Impressive with Mcalister and Hambrick out for the game. The only team from 9AA that can possibly advance out of the region is Ezell. If anyone else does it would be a major upset. Sorry if you think differently, but look at CPA, and HumeFogg against possible sub-state and state opponents, they have been beaten by 20+, cpa by 40+. You think I dont know what I am talking about..who cares. CPA did get lucky when a coin toss put them in third and placed them in a bracket where East upset Lipscomb. Have you seen Lipscombs record with CPA? now those are facts. You talk about credibility, CPA will beat east maybe, they will get beat in the finals of the district, they will lose to either Marshall or Lewis county...badly.

Coach you guys beat 8 teams that are average at best. Thats the truth. Ask anyone not affiliated with CPA and they will tell you the Obion County, Gibson County, Upperman, LA (of course you got to see them up close)Station Camp, Marshall County are teams to beat. The record shows that with the exception of the Ezell win CPA has not beaten anyone who would be considered upper teir or state tournament qualified. You should still send East roses.

If you beat Ezell with all of their players playing I will send you roses. Heck if you beat Marshall or Lewis county I will send you roses. Dont get mad coach, just go out and win....oh and about your younger team....I can think of only one word......ensworth.

I should be on here saying that CPA has the best team in the state....except since I need credibility I will say that out of 111 aa teams that CPA played the 83rd hardest schedule. They are 53rd out of 111 in success ratings, hume fogg is 47th. Against the 83rd toughest schedule in AA they have amassed an impressive 16-12 record. Placing them in 32 overall place. With the best 8 expected to go to murfreesboro I would see them as a lock. lol

You said I was all knowing! I never said that.

I am not impressed with any team that CPA beat other than Ezell. I was suprised that FRA and Lipscomb beat cheatham, station camp and others, I did not think this district was that good. I would love to give them credit for such an "impressive" victory over ezell, But, I dont think it can be Impressive with Mcalister and Hambrick out for the game. The only team from 9AA that can possibly advance out of the region is Ezell. If anyone else does it would be a major upset. Sorry if you think differently, but look at CPA, and HumeFogg against possible sub-state and state opponents, they have been beaten by 20+, cpa by 40+. You think I dont know what I am talking about..who cares. CPA did get lucky when a coin toss put them in third and placed them in a bracket where East upset Lipscomb. Have you seen Lipscombs record with CPA? now those are facts. You talk about credibility, CPA will beat east maybe, they will get beat in the finals of the district, they will lose to either Marshall or Lewis county...badly.

Coach you guys beat 8 teams that are average at best. Thats the truth. Ask anyone not affiliated with CPA and they will tell you the Obion County, Gibson County, Upperman, LA (of course you got to see them up close)Station Camp, Marshall County are teams to beat. The record shows that with the exception of the Ezell win CPA has not beaten anyone who would be considered upper teir or state tournament qualified. You should still send East roses.

If you beat Ezell with all of their players playing I will send you roses. Heck if you beat Marshall or Lewis county I will send you roses. Dont get mad coach, just go out and win....oh and about your younger team....I can think of only one word......ensworth.

Agian it was not a coin toss btw CPA and HF -- CPA got it because of tie breaker - they beat Ezell during the reg season

Agian it was not a coin toss btw CPA and HF -- CPA got it because of tie breaker - they beat Ezell during the reg season

Sorry I had fallen out of my chair laughing so hard at the coaches posts that I never saw your post. Why would it have not mattered that against like opponents matchups that Humefogg had beaten Lipscomb and CPA had not.

Duly noted.

Sorry I had fallen out of my chair laughing so hard at the coaches posts that I never saw your post. Why would it have not mattered that against like opponents matchups that Humefogg had beaten Lipscomb and CPA had not.

Duly noted.

In a tie breaker like that you go to the team that has beaten the higest seed in regular season. There was a coin flip to see who would play CPA - between FRA and Pear/Cohn - apparently neither one of them beat EH or Lipscomb and they split with CPA........

You may have a point with Ensworth. It may be FRA now that Coach Pack is leaving Ensworth to head up the FRA program. I hope not but your point is valid.

I just think CPA deserves a lot of credit when you consider Coach Ellson did not start coaching the team until the Friday of the first week of November and less than a week later had to play Livingston Academy. If anyone deserves coach of the year IMO it would have to be Coach Ellson when you consider he took over a team that had only 6 players when he started. A team that many picked to finish at the bottom of the District, with no chance come tournament time. His players have worked hard and put the time in the gym and deserve more credit than saying not only are they terrible, but they give terrible teams a bad name.

The good thing about your comments is that it does motivate the girls to play harder. I absoluteluy agree that the teams you mentioned are the teams to beat but as with Lipscomb anything is possible, especially to a team that believes in itself when very few others do.