9AA Picks

MIDTN

Apparently, Marshall County is not the team that all made them out to be, losing to Lewis County and Lawrence County last week. I would love to see two 9AA teams make it to State this year! It is a realistic possibility.

No not really.....

Marshall county is better than everyone in 9AA except Ezell. Lawrence County is one of the top teams in AAA, they have lost only twice, both times to Shelbyville and the most recent game was by -6. Take in to consideration that AAA#1 Wilson Central lost to shelbyville last night by 20, which will allow Hillsboro to move up to #1 in AAA. Hillsboro beat Lipscomb by 20.

Marshall county did lose last week to district opponent Lewis County, giving them a split for first place in the District. I would love to see what lewis county played defense wise in order to keep Marshall from scoring. I think that what this may mean is that the 2nd place team over in their district is better than everyone else thought. District 9aa gets no respect, it is evident that in the past two years since the district moved up from A to AA there has never been any metion of how good the teams are. The First year Ezell and FRA went to the final four, the next year Lipscomb. The opponents that 9aa plays outside their district and classification sometimes adds to the popular opinion of "look at their records" 17-4, 17-5, etc. I would think on further review one would see that 9aa this year has stepped out of district and had wins over District Leaders Cheatham County, Station Camp,Dca, Harpeth. A one point loss to AAA #1 Hillsboro. Plus many others. When you look at the teams out west, they have only played each other. I still think it will be near impossible for 2 teams to come out of 9aa and win region 5. The teams other than ezell, all have young front courts...very young. I think it will be Ezell and Marshall for the sub-state with both advancing to the state. Of course this is if Marshall and Ezell stay focused for the rest of their games in District and Region tournament. Ezell will have a tougher time without Mcallister if she is still out come tourney time. But, that did not slow them down against PC, I think they scored 61 without her. Although, look what happened this past tuesday both teams were caught not focused and got beat.

so who knows

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not really.....

Marshall county is better than everyone in 9AA except Ezell. Lawrence County is one of the top teams in AAA, they have lost only twice, both times to Shelbyville and the most recent game was by -6. Take in to consideration that AAA#1 Wilson Central lost to shelbyville last night by 20, which will allow Hillsboro to move up to #1 in AAA. Hillsboro beat Lipscomb by 20.

Marshall county did lose last week to district opponent Lewis County, giving them a split for first place in the District. I would love to see what lewis county played defense wise in order to keep Marshall from scoring. I think that what this may mean is that the 2nd place team over in their district is better than everyone else thought. District 9aa gets no respect, it is evident that in the past two years since the district moved up from A to AA there has never been any metion of how good the teams are. The First year Ezell and FRA went to the final four, the next year Lipscomb. The opponents that 9aa plays outside their district and classification sometimes adds to the popular opinion of "look at their records" 17-4, 17-5, etc. I would think on further review one would see that 9aa this year has stepped out of district and had wins over District Leaders Cheatham County, Station Camp,Dca, Harpeth. A one point loss to AAA #1 Hillsboro. Plus many others. When you look at the teams out west, they have only played each other. I still think it will be near impossible for 2 teams to come out of 9aa and win region 5. The teams other than ezell, all have young front courts...very young. I think it will be Ezell and Marshall for the sub-state with both advancing to the state. Of course this is if Marshall and Ezell stay focused for the rest of their games in District and Region tournament. Ezell will have a tougher time without Mcallister if she is still out come tourney time. But, that did not slow them down against PC, I think they scored 61 without her. Although, look what happened this past tuesday both teams were caught not focused and got beat.

so who knows

Well said. Marshall has lost 4. This time last year they had lost 8. They lost to Lipscomb in the region final then got hot. Whoever the final two are in this region, will have an easy road to Murfreesboro. Region six is as weak as it has been in more than a decade. Cheatham is the best team in that region by far and I doubt they could finish higher than third in district nine or ten.

January 29, 2008 scores and standings in 9aa

SCORES

CPA 53, Ezell Harding 48

East Lit 52, Martin Luther King 18

David Libscomb 35, Hume Fogg 30

FRA 35, Pearl Cohn 30

STANDINGS

Ezell Harding 19-5(9-2) next game vs East Lit

David Libscomb 18-4(9-2) next game vs FRA

Hume Fogg 13-9(8-3) next game at Pearl Cohn

FRA 13-10(5-6)next game at David Libscomb

Pearl Cohn 9-7(5-6) next game vs Hume Fogg

CPA 9-8(5-6) next game vs Martin Luther King

East Lit 8-13(3-8) next game at Ezell Harding

Martin Luther King 2-16(0-8) next game at CPA

FRIDAY NIGHT GAME WATCH: FRA AT DAVID LIBSCOMB

January 29, 2008 scores and standings in 9aa

SCORES

CPA 53, Ezell Harding 48

East Lit 52, Martin Luther King 18

David Libscomb 35, Hume Fogg 30

FRA 35, Pearl Cohn 30

STANDINGS

Ezell Harding 19-5(9-2) next game vs East Lit

David Libscomb 18-4(9-2) next game vs FRA

Hume Fogg 13-9(8-3) next game at Pearl Cohn

FRA 13-10(5-6)next game at David Libscomb

Pearl Cohn 9-7(5-6) next game vs Hume Fogg

CPA 9-8(5-6) next game vs Martin Luther King

East Lit 8-13(3-8) next game at Ezell Harding

Martin Luther King 2-16(0-8) next game at CPA

FRIDAY NIGHT GAME WATCH: FRA AT DAVID LIBSCOMB

Congratulations to David Lipscomb and CPA

Big wins for both programs.

This sets up a show down between DL and Ezell next tuesday night. This game won last time by Ezell could be played without Ezells point guard Hambrick and with out their District MVP candidate Leah Mcallister who is still out after suffering a concussion at East. East will get Ezell again friday night this time without Mcalister and Hambrick. With the injuries suffered by ezell could they find themselves out of the regular season championship race?

Big Game for Lipscomb friday against FRA. Good luck to all

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Marshall County is a great basketball team. They have lost 4 games - 1 to Obion County at a Tournament at the beginning of the season. 1 to a good AAA Symrna team by 4 points. 1 to AAA Lawrence County by 6 points and 1 against Lewis County - and they had them beat but got caught napping! Please don't forget that last year at this time they had lost 8 games and they still brought home the Silver Ball at the "Boro". Its always better to lose during the regular season, it lets you know what you have to do to get to the Regionals, Substate and of course the State. The best teams do get beat, thats the nature of basketball. Marshall County doesn't boast and they don't brag. I am sure that when it comes down to the wire, they will be able to take care of business. I haven't had the opportunity to see any teams in 9AA play but I would argue that Marshall County is as good as any team in 9AA because they don't depend on one or two players to win. these girls have been playing together since the 5th grade and they know each other very well. They are a well coached, very talented team and to say that they aren't a good team seems like a case of the "Green - Eyed Monster". No one can see what's at the end of the road on the way to State. The teams that make it there, deserve it, they are the teams that endured to the end and showed the grit and determination it takes to be a winner. Not to take anything from any team but I do believe that the road to the "Boro" comes through Marshall County. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Marshall County Tigerettes, keep your heads up, play like a team, believe in each other, take each game one at a time, play your best and keep taking it to the LIMIT! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations to David Lipscomb and CPA

Big wins for both programs.

This sets up a show down between DL and Ezell next tuesday night. This game won last time by Ezell could be played without Ezells point guard Hambrick and with out their District MVP candidate Leah Mcallister who is still out after suffering a concussion at East. East will get Ezell again friday night this time without Mcalister and Hambrick. With the injuries suffered by ezell could they find themselves out of the regular season championship race?

Big Game for Lipscomb friday against FRA. Good luck to all

Has anyone heard how Mcallister is doing? I read that she was injured with possible concusion in the East Lit, game but this is the first I've heard mention that it is severe enough that she is not playing. This is also the first I have heard about Ezell's point guard.

It seems inevitable that either the flu, mono, injury, etc... inflict teams this time of year. It is a shame, especially when it is a players senior year.

Best thoughts to everyone in staying healthy and injury free through the home stretch.

Has anyone heard how Mcallister is doing? I read that she was injured with possible concusion in the East Lit, game but this is the first I've heard mention that it is severe enough that she is not playing. This is also the first I have heard about Ezell's point guard.

It seems inevitable that either the flu, mono, injury, etc... inflict teams this time of year. It is a shame, especially when it is a players senior year.

Best thoughts to everyone in staying healthy and injury free through the home stretch.

I heard last night that she is out with a concussion. She has missed every game since East and I heard that she may not come back until Districts If she can. The people I spoke with said someone with a concussion had to go 24 hours without a headache, after that the person is required to pass a test that puts strain on the body, then go 24 hours without a headach or any other symptom. If they fail the test they have to go back to phase one and start all over. The person I spoke with said she had not gone without a headache to this point. This would probably mean at best she will miss east and David Lipscomb. Hambrick is out for two-four weeks with a sprained ankle. It will be tough for them to advance through the region with out the two.

I heard last night that she is out with a concussion. She has missed every game since East and I heard that she may not come back until Districts If she can. The people I spoke with said someone with a concussion had to go 24 hours without a headache, after that the person is required to pass a test that puts strain on the body, then go 24 hours without a headach or any other symptom. If they fail the test they have to go back to phase one and start all over. The person I spoke with said she had not gone without a headache to this point. This would probably mean at best she will miss east and David Lipscomb. Hambrick is out for two-four weeks with a sprained ankle. It will be tough for them to advance through the region with out the two.

Thanks for the information. I'm sure everyone will have them both in their thoughts/prayers.

McAlister is back. 23 pts. Ezell kicked East Lit tonight 52-34 Next up Lipscomb. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well its a good win for Ezell. The fun is just begining. Congrats on getting McAlister Back. I saw a big win for David Lipscomb with a three pointer at the buzzer to go into overtime, then get the win in Double Ot and keep them tied with Ezell for 1st in the District.

Game of the Week

David Lipscomb @ Ezell Harding Tuesday night.

For the 9AA title

McAlister is back. 23 pts. Ezell kicked East Lit tonight 52-34 Next up Lipscomb. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I would hardly call it "Ezell kicked East Lit" when Ezell was up only 1 point after one and 1 point after the half.

BTW - FRA will win their first round District Game, since Emily Canady is back and apparently back to near 100%. Hume-Fogg may be the victim.

Well its a good win for Ezell. The fun is just begining. Congrats on getting McAlister Back. I saw a big win for David Lipscomb with a three pointer at the buzzer to go into overtime, then get the win in Double Ot and keep them tied with Ezell for 1st in the District.

Game of the Week

David Lipscomb @ Ezell Harding Tuesday night.

For the 9AA title

What a great girls game we had with FRA and Lipscomb. Close all the way, the referees no factor, a couple of teams laying it out there with big plays a-plenty. Canady not 100% but was able to play most of the 2nd half and all the overtimes. FRA is visibly getting better as Canady gets her legs back. I still say FRA is the the team no one wants to draw in the district.