9AA Picks

MIDTN

This one is all guess work after the first three.

1. Lipscomb

2. FRA

3. Ezell

4. CPA

5. Pearl-Cohn

6. East Lit / MLK / Hume Fogg

CPA could be a sleeper in this district if the young are as good as I hear.

This was the very first post of the year....kind of wild that the top two are out. Tough District with surprises.

Predictions for tonight?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the love......! lol

Let me say for the record I have never talked badly about any player ever on coach T.

The sportsghost dude from west tennessee. I made a post about a year ago. stating that the teams that you thought would win the State Tournament, McNairy and Liberty, had not played any competition outside their district, therefore it was a little early to talk about how your teams would dominate the state. I was correct. check the facts. I am sorry you took this as me being ugly. The comments I made this season regarding Obion County, Gibson County, Milan and westview, are similar, the have beaten only one team outside their district that is considered to be possibly tops in the state. (Marshall). They have a post saying their district tournament is the states mini final four. As of last night either Gibson County or Obion County will not make it to the state tournament because they will have to play each other in the second round of the region. I still believe milan and Gibson/Obion will be two of the toughest teams to beat come region and state.

I think that giving other teams through out the state some respect would be something you might teach the parents who come on here and blab. Then maybe they would understand that everyone comes to play in the state. Every time you blab off about west tennessee you are disrespecting teams from middle tennessee and east tennessee. So just like last year you did not believe the facts or the stats and you spouted and you went home. I think if you check my posts I have been factual, the only time I have taken shots at you or anyone else is when you were wrong and it was proven. Good luck in the District....Enjoy the spring break!

Luv ya Sharpshooter :0)

You say that you deal with fact.You deal with only your twisted perception of facts.

Fact is fans and teams are two different entities.The arrogance you speak of comes from fans like you .The players of the teams didn't make the posts that you hang your hat on.

Maybe you should have read what the bballmom's post said.Players read your posts,coaches read your posts and your posts do take shots at teams (which are made up of players).Your Spring Break comment about 8 months of it was ugly,useless and untrue the teams went back to work as soon as the rules and their coaches allowed them to.A lot of work and games in the spring and summer..Also don't be too quick to judge strength of schedule and how strong teams are unless you have seen them all and are more familiar with a team than you are...Your expertise (ha,ha)failed you on strength of schedule ,coacht's facts are only as good as the people that post and enter.Not all games are posted or entered correctly...You may have known the most about N. Side,less about McNairy and almost nothing about underdog Liberty girls,NOT the Liberty Boy,they were totally different.

When you write you don't say fans,you talk about school and team which are the students and players...Remember fan is short for fanatic........I could point out more of your wrong socalled facts,but Bear Bryant told me one day at a get together,that you shouldn't wresltle with pigs, because the pig loves getting muddy....This is SportsGhost disappearing until an injustice needs dealing with again.,,,Oh ,shpshter93 is it FACT,that I'm a dude like you said in your post?

You say that you deal with fact.You deal with only your twisted perception of facts.

Fact is fans and teams are two different entities.The arrogance you speak of comes from fans like you .The players of the teams didn't make the posts that you hang your hat on.

Maybe you should have read what the bballmom's post said.Players read your posts,coaches read your posts and your posts do take shots at teams (which are made up of players).Your Sring Break comment about 8 month of it was ugly,useless and untrue the teams went back to work as soon as the rules and their coaches allowed them to.A lot of work and games in the spring and summer..Also don't be too quick to judge strength of schedule and how strong teams are unless you have seen them all and are more familiar with a team than you are...Your expertise (ha,ha)failed you on strength of schedule ,coacht's facts are only as good as the people that post and enter.Not all games are posted or entered correctly...You may have known the most about N. Side,less about McNairy and almost nothing about underdog Liberty girls,NOT the Liberty Boy,they were totally different.

When you write you don't say fans,you talk about school and team which are the students and players...Remember fan is short for fanatic........I could point out more of your wrong socalled facts,but Bear Bryant told me one day at a get together,that you shouldn't wresltle with pigs, because the pig loves getting muddy....This is SportsGhost disappearing until an injustice needs dealing with again.,,,Oh ,shpshter93 is it FACT,that I'm a dude lik you said in your post?

Your so angry......thanks for the comments.

shpshter93

Not angry,Just Factual.Don't forget to wash the mud off.Be sure to get in the last word since you can't handle the truth.

SportsGhost leaving till needed again,trying to avoid the mud .

Thanks sportsghost man!!! You have saved the day with posts that make no sense. My posts were factual. Both Liberty and McNairy did start their spring break last year like I said, they were overated like I said. I have not used any made up facts on any post of mine. It is interesting that you remember posts from last year, but you just joined coach t inorder to jump on in here. Let me be the first to say welcome. Did Jack Nicholson give you that last line. I think my problem with you is that the truth hurts.

I know this is sports ghost getting in one last word. Hey I would be more impressed with a quote by say "Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp" or even beter how about Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday, "Hey sharpshooter where you going with that shotgun?" P.S you put sentences together so well, I would have thought you were ......maybe 8? I will give you the last word when you are right. Good luck the rest of the way.

Congrats East Lit. Is it just me, or does this team remind you of Marshall Co. last year, but with an even bigger come back?? If you look at their schedule, they were never blown away in 9AA. They had close games with everyone. I saw them play DL twice, and both were very tough defensive battles. I hate to say this, but I feel a little vindicated that it wasn't a fluke that they got hot against DL. I must say, I will be cheering for them going forward. I believe one of their posters said something earlier on this thread that regular season means nothing, you just have to win one in the district, and two in the region, and then you have a good solid chance at state.

This team is really fired-up, well coached, and hot right now. Keep going East Lit. This 9AA fan is behind you!! I think your tough physical play could be a problem for Ezell. Ezell fairs better with run and gun offensive teams (like Hillsboro) than they do with dig-in defensive battles. If you play man-to-man and shut down their 3 point game, you could win the district tournament.

I also have to give an atta-girl to Ezell. You are also well coached and definitely the most consistent shooting team in 9AA. Your press is one of the best I have seen this year (Pearl-Cohn's press trap is pretty impressive).

The region will really depend on match-ups. I also think the very stiff competition in 9AA is going to give both these teams an edge in the region.

Hume-Fogg and CPA could also represent in the region. HF is a lot like East Lit... Very physical. CPA is more like Ezell, athletic and relies on outside shooting. Give Hardiman the ball!!!!!!!!!

I'll close with some final thoughts... 9AA basketball has changed. It is no longer the set-up plays and run a strict offense type of district. It looks much more like college ball. Coaches need to do their homework, study the new type of play happening in women's basketball. The old rules no longer apply. If old-school coaches do not study the new game, their teams are going to suffer. It is about speed and strength these days. It is no longer about running motion or feeding the post. Those days are gone...at least in this district.

Good luck to all four representing 9AA. Go out and bring a gold ball back to Nashville!

Congrats East Lit. Is it just me, or does this team remind you of Marshall Co. last year, but with an even bigger come back?? If you look at their schedule, they were never blown away in 9AA. They had close games with everyone. I saw them play DL twice, and both were very tough defensive battles. I hate to say this, but I feel a little vindicated that it wasn't a fluke that they got hot against DL. I must say, I will be cheering for them going forward. I believe one of their posters said something earlier on this thread that regular season means nothing, you just have to win one in the district, and two in the region, and then you have a good solid chance at state.

This team is really fired-up, well coached, and hot right now. Keep going East Lit. This 9AA fan is behind you!! I think your tough physical play could be a problem for Ezell. Ezell fairs better with run and gun offensive teams (like Hillsboro) than they do with dig-in defensive battles. If you play man-to-man and shut down their 3 point game, you could win the district tournament.

I also have to give an atta-girl to Ezell. You are also well coached and definitely the most consistent shooting team in 9AA. Your press is one of the best I have seen this year (Pearl-Cohn's press trap is pretty impressive).

The region will really depend on match-ups. I also think the very stiff competition in 9AA is going to give both these teams an edge in the region.

Hume-Fogg and CPA could also represent in the region. HF is a lot like East Lit... Very physical. CPA is more like Ezell, athletic and relies on outside shooting. Give Hardiman the ball!!!!!!!!!

I'll close with some final thoughts... 9AA basketball has changed. It is no longer the set-up plays and run a strict offense type of district. It looks much more like college ball. Coaches need to do their homework, study the new type of play happening in women's basketball. The old rules no longer apply. If old-school coaches do not study the new game, their teams are going to suffer. It is about speed and strength these days. It is no longer about running motion or feeding the post. Those days are gone...at least in this district.

Good luck to all four representing 9AA. Go out and bring a gold ball back to Nashville!

Could not agree more

They have some similarities to Marshall Co. of last year. But you have to remember, Marshall Co. won the regular season district I think. Who will be the 3 and 4 seeds out of this region?

There are no similarities at all. Marshall County has three guards outside that will hit a three any chance they get. Their leader in threes 12 is right at the top of 3's per game in the state. Number 21 hit 3 last monday in the district opener to beat giles. Their posts are march 24 who is one of the best players in AA as well as a weakside post player who will post you up and hit the fall away. East is young and has yet to develop an outside shooting presence. I am not saying they cant hit one or two, but it does not compare to the rainning that Marshall will do to you. Their posts are tall and strong but there is not one yet that has developed to March's status. I am comparing Marshall from last year vs East this year. East is on the rise...but they dont look anything like Marshall did last year, now they could look a lot like them next year. but we will see.

3 and 4 is being decided tonight. They will be CPA or Hume Fogg.