New AP Poll Single A

paradox

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think hampton has nothing to be ashamed of. Look at your last two years, the scores sound bad, but aren't that bad wheen broken down and REALLY aren't bad when you look at the other side of the braket.

Two years ago Hampton made the semi's (I believe undefeated or only 1 loss that year), and they were defeated at Home by Trousdale County 35 - 0. Well with the exception of FCS and Gville Trousdale beat everyone 35 - 0, including a 52 - 16 Destruction of Union city in the burro, speaking of Union city, that is the same union city that went into Jo Byrns and defeated an undefeated Jo byrns, not sure of the score in my memmory but I remember that it was double digits.

Last year Hampton again fought their way to the semi-final game. They visited FCS at FCS and lost 24-7. The same FCS team that had only a week early beaten an undefeated Temple team 56 - 7 and came into the Hampton game averaging 35 points a game with only 10 points against them a game. While hampton was losing to FCS @ FCS, Mt. Pleasant had already lost to JCS at JCS by almost 30.

For Hampton in the semi's the past two year it has been simple, they hadn't been playing nobodys and then running into an actual team, they had been playing good teams and they ran into teams just like them, teams that weren't just solid or decent but were great. They aren't the best out of a bad group, they are a great team that doesn't have any other great teams near them to play. Aside from driving two hours there isn't much they could do besides play 4A teams... which they do.

I think hampton has nothing to be ashamed of. Look at your last two years, the scores sound bad, but aren't that bad wheen broken down and REALLY aren't bad when you look at the other side of the braket.

Two years ago Hampton made the semi's (I believe undefeated or only 1 loss that year), and they were defeated at Home by Trousdale County 35 - 0. Well with the exception of FCS and Gville Trousdale beat everyone 35 - 0, including a 52 - 16 Destruction of Union city in the burro, speaking of Union city, that is the same union city that went into Jo Byrns and defeated an undefeated Jo byrns, not sure of the score in my memmory but I remember that it was double digits.

Last year Hampton again fought their way to the semi-final game. They visited FCS at FCS and lost 24-7. The same FCS team that had only a week early beaten an undefeated Temple team 56 - 7 and came into the Hampton game averaging 35 points a game with only 10 points against them a game. While hampton was losing to FCS @ FCS, Mt. Pleasant had already lost to JCS at JCS by almost 30.

For Hampton in the semi's the past two year it has been simple, they hadn't been playing nobodys and then running into an actual team, they had been playing good teams and they ran into teams just like them, teams that weren't just solid or decent but were great. They aren't the best out of a bad group, they are a great team that doesn't have any other great teams near them to play. Aside from driving two hours there isn't much they could do besides play 4A teams... which they do.

I got 3 words for you..............I like you. Trousdale and FCS were great teams, not doubt about it, but where are they now? They still have good teams, but not like Hampton has had the past 3 years in a row. So far, we have had 2 losses in regular season, in 3 years. we have had 4 losses counting playoffs, Mountain City twice (4A0) and first game of each year and then to Trousdale and FCS. We have played good teams and won, we have played great teams and won, but we have lost to 2 outstanding teams, which have had teouvle folowing up the next year. I would just about take a down year next year for a chance at a gold ball this year. Anyone else?

Thanks again FCSpride.

Can anybody out there vouch for Midway or Lookout Valley? Does either school have some top-notch players that would turn some heads like SP does?

Yes they do, LV has #21 Chas Scruggs, #1 Lance Rorex, and #40 Brandon O'Dell, they will all turn your head. Why does the schools west of Monteagle Mtn think they are the only ones that can play Football ? Maybe you need to broaden your horizon's a little and try playing some teams from our region of the state.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't really look at who is in what order but who they put there. Hampton????? I know there are 10 other teams in 1A better than them, they just have to come off of the mountain to figure it out..... Also lookout Valley????? yeah right another mountain team.....let them move west of cookeville and see what happens....maybe a little above .500 and that is about it....maybe a 4 seed in the playoffs and that is about it.....

These teams in no order are my top ten....

Mckinzie

Jo Byrns

Cascade

Collinwood

South Pitt

MP

Trousdale

Gordonsville

WHH

TCA

Those are the real top 10.....the east in 1a just gets to hang around until the semis.....must be nice to play within yourselfs and meet up one game away from the state title.....to bad it will not happen again this year....

Hampton will be coming around the mountain with the state championship. Then you can make yourself a new poll.

Yes they do, LV has #21 Chas Scruggs, #1 Lance Rorex, and #40 Brandon O'Dell, they will all turn your head. Why does the schools west of Monteagle Mtn think they are the only ones that can play Football ? Maybe you need to broaden your horizon's a little and try playing some teams from our region of the state.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know about football but they can play baseball pretty good. I know O'Dell plays b'ball do the other two?