top 4a competition

West TN football

Out of curiosity, I started looking at records of the top few teams in 4a and their schedule. I surprised me to see the soft schedules that all of these teams have played. Teams do not have any say so in their regional schedule but their nonregion schedule could be beefed up a little.

This is what I found.

1. Maryvilles opponents have a combined record of 32-31, 51%, they have actually only beaten 3 teams with above .500 mark

2. Red Bank " " 26-30 , 46%,have only beaten 3 teams with above .500 mark

3. Sullivan South " " 33-41, 45%, have beaten 4 teams above 500

4. Henry county "" 27-37, 42% have beaten 3 teams above 500

5. Mt. Juliet " " 30-34, 46%, have beaten 2 teams above 500

6. Clarksville " " 23-41, 36% Have beaten 1 team above 500

I do not know what this really says other than none of these teams have really been tested by good competition.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hillsboro has played MBA, Franklin, and Mapplewood.

Hillsboro is definitely one of the best teams in the state any classification but, they beat Maplewood and their opponents overall record is simlar to that of the other, it is 26-37, 41%, with a win over 1 team with a record above 500. they did tie a 4-3 Franklin who has struggled to beat teams this year. They beat a bad Whites creek team by 8. I am not sure that any of this means anything but I am not sure that these good records neccesarily mean anything either.

Hillsboro is definitely one of the best teams in the state any classification but, they beat Maplewood and their opponents overall record is simlar to that of the other, it is 26-37, 41%, with a win over 1 team with a record above 500. they did tie a 4-3 Franklin who has struggled to beat teams this year. They beat a bad Whites creek team by 8. I am not sure that any of this means anything but I am not sure that these good records neccesarily mean anything either.

All that matters is who ends up at the ends up winning their last game and if the coaches change young mens in a positive manner.

Out of curiosity, I started looking at records of the top few teams in 4a and their schedule. I surprised me to see the soft schedules that all of these teams have played. Teams do not have any say so in their regional schedule but their nonregion schedule could be beefed up a little.

This is what I found.

1. Maryvilles opponents have a combined record of 32-31, 51%, they have actually only beaten 3 teams with above .500 mark

2. Red Bank " " 26-30 , 46%,have only beaten 3 teams with above .500 mark

3. Sullivan South " " 33-41, 45%, have beaten 4 teams above 500

4. Henry county "" 27-37, 42% have beaten 3 teams above 500

5. Mt. Juliet " " 30-34, 46%, have beaten 2 teams above 500

6. Clarksville " " 23-41, 36% Have beaten 1 team above 500

I do not know what this really says other than none of these teams have really been tested by good competition.

hold on..... wait a minute, lets think this out... clarksville??? hmm- 83 total yards against beech... and were all rushing.. and beech had a huge! 340 rushing yards against clarksville, and dominated every aspect of the game and came away 21-7 and u put clarksville up there? hmmm, rethink your decision. "not to comment on beeches 3 turnovers, that should have lead to 2 other touchdowns... and clarksville didnt have a single turnover..

hold on..... wait a minute, lets think this out... clarksville??? hmm- 83 total yards against beech... and were all rushing.. and beech had a huge! 340 rushing yards against clarksville, and dominated every aspect of the game and came away 21-7 and u put clarksville up there? hmmm, rethink your decision. "not to comment on beeches 3 turnovers, that should have lead to 2 other touchdowns... and clarksville didnt have a single turnover..

Did not mean to whiz in your cheerios, I was going on the win loss rankings, and the top 20 fan poll,

I did not put Clarksville up anywhere, I simple transferred them fromone poll to another, also I stated in plain English that I was not sure that the records really meant anything, due to the weak schedule that each team posting a good record had played, Further more, Just because Beech won a game agains Clarksville does not mean that Clarksville does not deserve consideration to be up there, Have you ever watched a college poll after a number one team gets beat by a nobody, well the nobody is not all of the sudden ranked above them. The titans beat the colts last season and the colts won the super bowl, wow how could that happen. I do not know how good Clarksville is or is not but one thing is for sure, one game does not tell us how good they are win or lose to the almighty Beech.

Did not mean to whiz in your cheerios, I was going on the win loss rankings, and the top 20 fan poll,

I did not put Clarksville up anywhere, I simple transferred them fromone poll to another, also I stated in plain English that I was not sure that the records really meant anything, due to the weak schedule that each team posting a good record had played, Further more, Just because Beech won a game agains Clarksville does not mean that Clarksville does not deserve consideration to be up there, Have you ever watched a college poll after a number one team gets beat by a nobody, well the nobody is not all of the sudden ranked above them. The titans beat the colts last season and the colts won the super bowl, wow how could that happen. I do not know how good Clarksville is or is not but one thing is for sure, one game does not tell us how good they are win or lose to the almighty Beech.

excuse me it was 5 turnovers beech had, and i was stating a fact... everyone is just caught up on the hype of clarksville, they are a very talented team... dont get me wrong.. but very beatable.. i was just throwing that out there so you clarksville riders can hop off their bandwagon.. not saying you are one of these people, but its all across coachT of how "great" clarksville is.