South vs. Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

My fantasy teams are playing .500 ball so far this season. So take my following ratings with a grain of salt.

South Category THS Comments

X QB It all has already been said.

RB X Two great backs and one great nickname.

X WR Could be due to opportunities.

OL X A slight edge here at best; both do their roles.

DL X The Vikings' best chance.

LB X Surprisingly even; South's are improving.

X DB Good in coverage; improving run support.

Special Teams Even

X Coaching Carter outcoached Stubbs last year, we'll see.

X Intangibles Confidence and emotional edge to South.

X Edge South by 7

I was afraid this would not post well. Tried, unsuccessfully, to use the ESPN Fantasy format.

My edge comparisons and comments.

QB - SS: It all has already been said.

RB - THS: Two great backs and one great nickname.

WR - SS: Could be due to opportunities.

OL - THS: A slight edge here at best; both do their roles.

DL - THS: The Vikings' best chance.

LB - THS: Surprisingly even; South's are improving.

DB - SS: Good in coverage; improving run support.

Special Teams: Even

Coaching - SS: Carter outcoached Stubbs last year, we'll see.

Intangibles - SS: Confidence and emotional edge to South.

Overall Edge - SS: South by 7.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here's why we're gonna run all over you. Listen closely. It's really hard to understand. I'll explain it in detail. BECAUSE WE'RE BETTER THAN YOU!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Shocked? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Confused? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

No, amused..........

Well I got one thing to say all u tn high fans are in for a rude awakening

That??™s your opinion??¦but personally I think Greeneville is the one that will get the eye opener when Sullivan East (4th in MLC) smacks you in the mouth. We won??™t settle for the two-and-two split this year. I expect an all MLC second round. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Okay, here's why we're gonna run all over you. Listen closely. It's really hard to understand. I'll explain it in detail. BECAUSE WE'RE BETTER THAN YOU!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Shocked? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Confused? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Monica

Are you going to make any statements like "if South loses you will not post anymore on coacht" as you did before the Science Hill team? Are you that certain of a W? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If Tn high comes out friday night and plays sound "d" and the offense moves the ball trust me they will be fine. Just play the same way morristown east did last year in the 2nd round. If there the same as last year the big boys up front were worn out and couldnt keep up with the running offense.

From someone without a horse in the race but that has seen both teams: Both these teams are very good. In my opinion they are the teams to beat in Region 1 and 2. If Phillips has a good day passing it will spell trouble for the Vikings. I do not however think that South will be able to run the ball with much success against TH. On the other hand, TH will try to run it down South's throat and I do believe they will have some success at this. However in my opinion the key for TH in this game will be if they can complete 7 to 10 passes to keep the South D honest. Same story as it has been all season. If Phillips has a big game (over 100 yards rushing or 200 passing) South will win. If TH controls Phillips and the football they are good enough to win. This is a toss in my opinion with a slight edge going to South only because of Phillips. I know alot dont like to hear his name over and over but the truth is if you stop him you will stop South.

This year, who has stopped him?

From someone without a horse in the race but that has seen both teams: Both these teams are very good. In my opinion they are the teams to beat in Region 1 and 2. If Phillips has a good day passing it will spell trouble for the Vikings. I do not however think that South will be able to run the ball with much success against TH. On the other hand, TH will try to run it down South's throat and I do believe they will have some success at this. However in my opinion the key for TH in this game will be if they can complete 7 to 10 passes to keep the South D honest. Same story as it has been all season. If Phillips has a big game (over 100 yards rushing or 200 passing) South will win. If TH controls Phillips and the football they are good enough to win. This is a toss in my opinion with a slight edge going to South only because of Phillips. I know alot dont like to hear his name over and over but the truth is if you stop him you will stop South.