William Blount vs Heritage

jethro

The politicians by 30+. Who has the higher ACTs /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I wonder how many of the WB seniors remember the incident 3 years ago when they were freshmen. Heritage students (players??) came and painted the scoreboard with vulgarities, and even painted over a section of the sod. We beat them that year, but it still smarted having your home turf messed with by a rival.

Oh, and by the way, what is it that this rivalry exchanges .... a bell?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many of the WB seniors remember the incident 3 years ago when they were freshmen. Heritage students (players??) came and painted the scoreboard with vulgarities, and even painted over a section of the sod. We beat them that year, but it still smarted having your home turf messed with by a rival.

I remember that

I think William blount will remember and score and score and score and ........etc

Yes there is a bell. We have rang it for the last 10 years.

Do they still put the bell in the middle of the commons so that the students can ring every time they walk past it. Usually by the middle of the week I would get so sick of hearing that bell ring.

ET - Are you on your way to a free pizza party (canned food)

Do they still put the bell in the middle of the commons so that the students can ring every time they walk past it. Usually by the middle of the week I would get so sick of hearing that bell ring.

ET - Are you on your way to a free pizza party (canned food)

No. The bell is only put out on Friday's now. As a matter of fact, last year there was nearly a fight when one kid was so annoyed that he sttod there the whole lunch period and held the bell with his hand so no one could ring it.

not to be a butthole but that was actually 4 years ago. it was the 03 season. it woul dhave been the senoirs from last year i do believe. just to verify i aint trying to be a butthole

You are mistaken. It was the 04 season. (Had to have been, since the 03 game was played at Heritage).

In fact, I just searched the Daily Times website and found this article.

From Staff Reports

Two Heritage High School students were charged Monday with delinquency by vandalism in connection with about $2,600 in damage to the William Blount High School football stadium.

Blount County Sheriff James Berrong said the two boys, both 17, were taken to the Blount County Juvenile Detention Facility and released to the custody of their parents a short time later. The boys are serving in-home detention pending a hearing in Juvenile Court on Nov. 23.

Blount County Sheriff"s deputies responded to the report of the vandalism on the evening of Oct. 20, two days before the Heritage-William Blount football game. Deputies found the stadium, press box, goal posts, discus circle and scoreboard covered with spray paint and graffiti.

After an investigation by the sheriff's office along with officials at William Blount and Heritage High Schools, the two boys were taken into custody Monday.

"We take these high school pranks very seriously," Berrong said. "We will not let this type of crime go unpunished."

Originally published: October 27. 2004 3:01AM