William Blount vs Heritage

jethro

I think the "BELL TOLLED" for Mountaineers about the time they "walked" thru their banner.... All I saw from them was cheap shots.... then pretend your hurt so you don't have to face the music......

I was at the game and did not see the cheap shots you did. I guess we should not try to hit the other team when we are playing football. I was able to catch many missed calls on both sides,many of which allowed the govs some big yardage and scores.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game and did not see the cheap shots you did. I guess we should not try to hit the other team when we are playing football. I was able to catch many missed calls on both sides,many of which allowed the govs some big yardage and scores.

Take your rose-colored glasses off, dude.

If they weren't cheap shots then I guess the personal fouls (2 I think) and the roughing the passer call was just kids play. No, Heritage took some dirty shots. I guess is was just frustration at being man-handled.

Additional thoughts ... Heritage players out to worry less about what the WB student section was doing and more on the game. Several players kept taunting the WB student section even while the game was going. You never see a well-disciplined team do something like that.

One player (to be kept nameless) kept taking his helmet off, slapping it around, trying to show the student section how he was going to bust up WB. If he'd have worried about his player instead of the fans, he'd probably had a few more tackles and maybe even a sack or two. As it was, he was must all mouth.

Year after year, WB fans always root for Heritage. I've been at WB games when the Heritage scores were called out, and everyone cheers when you guys beat someone. We'd like nothing more than for Heritage to have a team. Early in the season when you win a few games, every keeps thinking this will be Heritage's year. In fact, I know several WB fans would love for the last game to mean something.

Take your rose-colored glasses off, dude.

If they weren't cheap shots then I guess the personal fouls (2 I think) and the roughing the passer call was just kids play. No, Heritage took some dirty shots. I guess is was just frustration at being man-handled.

Additional thoughts ... Heritage players out to worry less about what the WB student section was doing and more on the game. Several players kept taunting the WB student section even while the game was going. You never see a well-disciplined team do something like that.

One player (to be kept nameless) kept taking his helmet off, slapping it around, trying to show the student section how he was going to bust up WB. If he'd have worried about his player instead of the fans, he'd probably had a few more tackles and maybe even a sack or two. As it was, he was must all mouth.

Year after year, WB fans always root for Heritage. I've been at WB games when the Heritage scores were called out, and everyone cheers when you guys beat someone. We'd like nothing more than for Heritage to have a team. Early in the season when you win a few games, every keeps thinking this will be Heritage's year. In fact, I know several WB fans would love for the last game to mean something.

I guess it shows more class to keep starters in with a 35 point lead and the game in hand. When they did sub and Heritage moved the ball too easily the starters came back to try and save the shutout. Maybe the Govs will develop some sort of sportsmanship themselves if they continue to win.