Greenback

kees101

The problem with kids leaving public for private is the fact that when doing so parents pay for these kids to go private without having to follow the TSSAA rule of making a valid address change. When transferring public to public you have to make a valid address change or you sit out a year.

You've got to sit out a year transferring from public to private also. Parents paying has nothing to do with eligibility requirement. Would be nice if that were so then the privates could really start recruiting.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they scrimmaged anyone yet? If so, does anyone have the results? Any future scrimmages?

Scrimmaged Sequoyah last week and won 80 something to 50 something. Scrimmage scheduled for Nov. 8th @ 5:30 I believe. Host Lenoir City on Nov. 13 Hall of Fame game. They are looking pretty good need to get in shape though their big guys will never make it if you ask me. I don't know if they didn't do conditioning or what but they can't get up and down the court period. Other than that it probably is the best team Greenback has had in awhile, they will be competitive.

The problem with kids leaving public for private is the fact that when doing so parents pay for these kids to go private without having to follow the TSSAA rule of making a valid address change. When transferring public to public you have to make a valid address change or you sit out a year.

hey dream n it, study up. they have to sit out a year also. thank you for proving my earlier point.

You've got to sit out a year transferring from public to private also. Parents paying has nothing to do with eligibility requirement. Would be nice if that were so then the privates could really start recruiting.

They are SUPPOSED to sit out a year , but how often do they? I could answer that but I don't want to start a fight on a thread I was just casually glancing at.

does greenback believe they have a chance to realistically win the district and region? don't know, just asking

Realistically no they don't thanks to Grace Christian being in their district. Another example of public vs private. It's no different than what's happening in the football playoffs right now the public schools can't compete.

Realistically no they don't thanks to Grace Christian being in their district. Another example of public vs private. It's no different than what's happening in the football playoffs right now the public schools can't compete.

Midway (public) just beat Grace (private). Sounds like your are already making excuses for when you lose.