Crockett Vs Dyer County

crockett78

Well they were good enough to BEAT dyersburg and they had their motors running and we stoped them!!!!!!!

First of you didn't really slow us down, or stop our motor. Dyersburg had numberous channces to win that ball game, I can remember to second downs. Logan Parker took the snap and just dropped it putting us in 3rd and longs. The first drive before the game ever started we had two penalites that put us in 1st and 20. OUr fullback had two fumbles. Oh and if you take out that fumble late that just looked like a miscommication, we might have still won. Don't get me wrong. You guys won and you deserved it but don't get it twisted. The crow was good, but revenge is sweeter. I promise you if you see them again it will be a lot different football game. Coming in to our house and taking our regoion title on our homecoming was like rubbing salt in a wouind. These Trojans will finally get focused and IF they do alot of teams arent going to like it. That goes for the Chocs too. Your son had one heck of a game though. I didn't see 4.41 speed cut he was definetly quick...Lets quit all this hating and braggin alone. You Champs and winners now act like it. If you read that post again the guy said Crokett was gonna win, nothing bad about DC just he though Crockett would win. Crockett played with Dyersburg, and We could have beat you so its not a terrible prediction. You won't know until friday nigh.t.

Congratulations to the Choctaws! It was a great game and atmosphere Friday night! DC wanted it more and their fans did too. I was amazed at the excitement shown by the fans compared to D'burg. It actually ticked me off that our fans were too good to get excited and yell when our team needed our support. I hope we will get another chance in week 13 but we both must take care of business til then!

You know I couldn't agree more with your observation or the crowd. Its sad that we have found ourselves to good to stand up and give our team what they deserved. DC hasn't hat a lot to cheer about in the last few years, but now that they do its amazing how excited they are about their sucess. It disgraceful to go to a Dyersburg game that has some type of magintude and watch us just sut there quite and talk the weather and what we did at work. I was sitting at the 30 yard line on the oppisite end of the band and I was told to sit down like 3 time in crucial 3rd or 4th down situations. I didn't like it a bit. I know on that last 4th and 1, It was like you would have begged the fans to get up. It was the biggest moment of the game. It made me sick at my stomach. I noticed it last year at the Liscomb game though. It was the same way. Early in the game we were still in it, and Cladwell broke one that put us on the board and tied it up, and the next defensive series it was like we weren't even in the stand.......Momentum is a thing that has a lot to do with the crowd. If you get a score, and then the D goes out on the field and the crowd has the opponents offense confused they can't hear, or they can hear you. It works. Emotions play a huge part and if the fans are in it the players will be to. DHS games have become a social event for the fans, THATS IT

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of you didn't really slow us down, or stop our motor. Dyersburg had numberous channces to win that ball game, I can remember to second downs. Logan Parker took the snap and just dropped it putting us in 3rd and longs. The first drive before the game ever started we had two penalites that put us in 1st and 20. OUr fullback had two fumbles. Oh and if you take out that fumble late that just looked like a miscommication, we might have still won. Don't get me wrong. You guys won and you deserved it but don't get it twisted. The crow was good, but revenge is sweeter. I promise you if you see them again it will be a lot different football game. Coming in to our house and taking our regoion title on our homecoming was like rubbing salt in a wouind. These Trojans will finally get focused and IF they do alot of teams arent going to like it. That goes for the Chocs too. Your son had one heck of a game though. I didn't see 4.41 speed cut he was definetly quick...Lets quit all this hating and braggin alone. You Champs and winners now act like it. If you read that post again the guy said Crokett was gonna win, nothing bad about DC just he though Crockett would win. Crockett played with Dyersburg, and We could have beat you so its not a terrible prediction. You won't know until friday nigh.t.

You know I couldn't agree more with your observation or the crowd. Its sad that we have found ourselves to good to stand up and give our team what they deserved. DC hasn't hat a lot to cheer about in the last few years, but now that they do its amazing how excited they are about their sucess. It disgraceful to go to a Dyersburg game that has some type of magintude and watch us just sut there quite and talk the weather and what we did at work. I was sitting at the 30 yard line on the oppisite end of the band and I was told to sit down like 3 time in crucial 3rd or 4th down situations. I didn't like it a bit. I know on that last 4th and 1, It was like you would have begged the fans to get up. It was the biggest moment of the game. It made me sick at my stomach. I noticed it last year at the Liscomb game though. It was the same way. Early in the game we were still in it, and Cladwell broke one that put us on the board and tied it up, and the next defensive series it was like we weren't even in the stand.......Momentum is a thing that has a lot to do with the crowd. If you get a score, and then the D goes out on the field and the crowd has the opponents offense confused they can't hear, or they can hear you. It works. Emotions play a huge part and if the fans are in it the players will be to. DHS games have become a social event for the fans, THATS IT

Ok lets not get on this subject again. Sure you could have scored again, but what about the return from Jared Hunter that was called back. He used his speed and was untouched. I mean both teams could have scored many different times, but it ended this way and with us comming away with the W.

Are you sure, about the second round? I was under the impression that it would be the winner of a Haywood/Memphis matchup. Maybe I misread it on tssaa just wondering though?

in retro spect they will play the lower seeded Haywood / Mitchell Sheffield game. The playoff senerios can be a mess . First and Foremost the Main Objective is to Win Your Game = One at a Time and let the chips fall where they may. Regardless the Choctaws are playing 4 games at Home Should they Continue to Win. GO TROJANS!! GO CHOCTAWS !!

10sdad you knew SOME TROJAN FANS would come up with" what if's" ! If this , If that ! Well........ IF, if's & buts were candy & nuts we ALL have a MERRY CHRISTMAS ! DONE ..... OVER...... W........ REGION CHAMPS ! IF (uh oh here we go again) we meet again we'll either have to hear all the same stuff or just stay off here ! This'n IS about Crockett County ! We owe them for a few spankin's too !

GO CHOCTAWS FORGET THE TROJANS BEAT CROCKETT !

10sdad you knew they would come up with" what if's" ! If this , If that ! Well........ IF, if's & buts were candy & nuts we ALL have a MERRY CHRISTMAS ! DONE ..... OVER...... W........ REGION CHAMPS ! IF (uh oh here we go again) we meet again we'll either have to hear all the same stuff or just stay off here ! This'n IS about Crockett County ! We owe them for a few spankin's too !

GO CHOCTAWS FORGET THE TROJANS BEAT CROCKETT !

He He. A football player just left my house and he was reading where he said "the crow was good but revenge will be sweeter." The football player that left said "what's sweet is the victory but what's sweeter is beating them again in the playoffs." /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sad but True concerning DHS student/ fan support the Past Several years has Dimished. It has always been DHS Fan Support of we"re winning / ahead BIG the support is there ,HOWEVER if we get behind or its close they are MUM AND NIL !! Its Not a Community Thing Anymore. Im very Disappointed in DHS Student Partcipation. Not any SCHOOL Spirit or Support WHATSOEVER . One would think the students woud come to the games but its mostly adults / die-hard fans. Im also under the impression that Most of DC fans (were first-time commers for the DHS game ) have Not been at their games Till friday night, but now their playing for the Region title and in the playoffs they show up !! NOT so unusal for any teams that dont win year in year out ,But DHS has won YEAR IN YEAR OUT SO ITS HUM-DUM TO THEM "TILL" THEY ADVANCE FAR INTO THE PLAYOFFS. Covintgon,Haywood,Ripley fans are Non-existant too. Now take Crockett ,Milan, Huningtdon Westview ITS stiill a community affair and the fans are there .Its a wait and see attitude for Team support Unless you live in a smaller community!! You are Correct Teams FEED OFF FAN SUPPORT. I do hope the Choctaw fans Continue to come AND PACK THE HOUSE THRUOUT THE PLAYOFFS!! GO TROJANS ! GO CHOCTAWS !!

Sad but True concerning DHS student/ fan support the Past Several years has Dimished. It has always been DHS Fan Support of we"re winning / ahead BIG the support is there ,HOWEVER if we get behind or its close they are MUM AND NIL !! Its Not a Community Thing Anymore. Im very Disappointed in DHS Student Partcipation. Not any SCHOOL Spirit or Support WHATSOEVER . One would think the students woud come to the games but its mostly adults / die-hard fans. Im also under the impression that Most of DC fans (were first-time commers for the DHS game ) have Not been at their games Till friday night, but now their playing for the Region title and in the playoffs they show up !! NOT so unusal for any teams that dont win year in year out ,But DHS has won YEAR IN YEAR OUT SO ITS HUM-DUM TO THEM "TILL" THEY ADVANCE FAR INTO THE PLAYOFFS. Covintgon,Haywood,Ripley fans are Non-existant too. Now take Crockett ,Milan, Huningtdon Westview ITS stiill a community affair and the fans are there .Its a wait and see attitude for Team support Unless you live in a smaller community!! You are Correct Teams FEED OFF FAN SUPPORT. I do hope the Choctaw fans Continue to come AND PACK THE HOUSE THRUOUT THE PLAYOFFS!! GO TROJANS ! GO CHOCTAWS !!

Please don't say anything about the students!!! I am a student at DHS and I have missed 3 games since the 7th grade!!! I yelled my heart out the entire game against DC!!! It is the "OLDER" people that have the problem, not the students!!! Why are we downing our own fans??? Why can't the ones of us who do get loud rally around our team?!? Your obvisouly one of the, fans that does yell! BUT correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember you saying in one of your posts that you sat on the away side?!? Is that you or someone else??? IF IT IS DON'T QUESTION TROJAN FAN'S SPIRIT IF YOU SAT WITH DC FANS!

HELLO-O-O This is a Dyer County / Crockett County thread ! ANY & ALL CHOCTAW PLAYERS LURKIN' ABOUT HERE YOU HAD BEST BE FOCUSED ON THE CAVALIERS ! The Dyer County vs Dyersburg thread was CLOSED ! Not to metion the fact that you have the Cavs as well as MUST WIN GAMES before any talk about the Trojans is in order !

GOOO CHOCTAWS !

HELLO-O-O This is a Dyer County / Crockett County thread ! ANY & ALL CHOCTAW PLAYERS LURKIN' ABOUT HERE YOU HAD BEST BE FOCUSED ON THE CAVALIERS ! The Dyer County vs Dyersburg thread was CLOSED ! Not to metion the fact that you have the Cavs as well as MUST WIN GAMES before any talk about the Trojans is in order !

GOOO CHOCTAWS !

Well said Steve.

Please don't say anything about the students!!! I am a student at DHS and I have missed 3 games since the 7th grade!!! I yelled my heart out the entire game against DC!!! It is the "OLDER" people that have the problem, not the students!!! Why are we downing our own fans??? Why can't the ones of us who do get loud rally around our team?!? Your obvisouly one of the, fans that does yell! BUT correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember you saying in one of your posts that you sat on the away side?!? Is that you or someone else??? IF IT IS DON'T QUESTION TROJAN FAN'S SPIRIT IF YOU SAT WITH DC FANS!

YES I DO SIT ON THE AWAY(EAST) SIDE THAT WAS CHANGED ONLY LAST YEAR. I HAVE ALWAYS SAT ON THE EAST SIDE AND ALWAYS WILL. I HAVE NOTICED THIS FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND CAN SEE DIRECTLY THE HOME SIDE (NO SUPPORTERS) YOU MUST AGREE THAT THE DHS STUDENTS DO NOT "AS A WHOLE" SUPPORT THE TROJANS( NOT SHOWING UP FOR THE GAMES) . I PROBABLY ROOT FOR THE TROJANS MORE THAN ANY STUDENT. MATT FOR DHS SUPPORTERS AS YOURSELF IM NOT TALKING ABOUT . LETS LEAVE THIS THREAD TO THE CAVS/CHOCTAWS GAME. GO TROJANS ! GO CHOCTAWS

He He. A football player just left my house and he was reading where he said "the crow was good but revenge will be sweeter." The football player that left said "what's sweet is the victory but what's sweeter is beating them again in the playoffs." /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

MITCHELL, OUT OF REGION 8, HAS BEATEN OUTSTANDING TEAMS LIKE CHRISTIAN BROTHERS AND MELROSE SO FAR THIS YEAR, AND I DARE SAY ARE MORE TALENTED THAN ANYBODY THE TROJANS OR CHOCTAWS HAVE SEEN THUS FAR! THEY GO INTO WEEK 10 WITH A 6-3 SLATE, BUT DON'T LET THAT RECORD FOOL YOU... THEY HAVE LOST TO THE LIKES OF WHITEHAVEN 28-12, ONE OF 5A'S TOP RANKED TEAMS, AND DAPHENE, ALABAMA, ONE OF THE TOP RATED FOOTBALL TEAMS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN UNITED STATES. SHEFFIELD IS 7-2 AND MEETS MITCHELL FOR THAT REGION'S CHAMPIONSHIP THIS WEEK. BOTH OF THEM ARE VERY CAPABLE OF BEATING DYERSBURG OR DYER COUNTY, WHEREVER AND WHENEVER THEY PLAY, I ASSURE YOU. IF YOU THINK PLAYING IN THE FRIENDLY CONFINES OF THE RESERVATION WILL INTIMIDATE THE LIKES OF EITHER OF THOSE SCHOOLS OR THAT THEY WON'T COME IN WITH EVERY INTENTION OF BEATING YOU, YOU'D BETTER WAKE UP! ASK THE TROJANS ABOUT WHAT WAS A SUPPOSEDLY "WEAK" SHEFFIELD CLUB A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, WHO EMBARRASED THEM AND TURNED A GREAT TROJANS SEASON SOUR IN A HEARTBEAT. SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT "DREAM GAME 2" BECAUSE AS OF TODAY IT'S LIGHT YEARS AWAY! BOTH SCHOOLS HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO WORRY ABOUT WITH WHAT'S IMMEDIATELY FACING THEM THIS WEEK, AND EACH AND EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT FROM NOW ON. I GUARANTEE YOU! GOOD LUCK CHOCTAWS AND TROJANS!