McMinn Central vs Howard

89charger

It was not an onsides kick, Hammonds just missed the pooch kick. Coach Davis could cut it but could the players? I doubt it. If he had been your coach you fans would know what it was like to win in football and make the playoffs. BTW the year before Coach Davis took over the program we were 0-10. His first year we were 2-8 the next two years we were 9-3 and we have had winning seasons ever since and to the playoffs. So there is no comparison to Derrick and Coach Davis at this point. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> As stated earlier Coach Davis wins with inferior talent could Derrick do the same I quess we will see year after next or maybe next year if off the field troubles continue to happen but I hope they keep focused because they are very talented group and maybe their troubles are behind them.

You should thank the Lord he missed the pooch!!

I thanked the Lord for a lot of things in that game. Seems to me there is a comparison. Brandon took over a team that couldnt beat a good JV team. Went 3 and 7 his first year then 9 and 1 his second year. Did Polk win the region Derrick Davis second year? Seems to me that Brandon has a leg up in that category. By the way, is it just me or would every Polk County fan rather drink gasoline and urinate on a brush fire before saying something good about Central? In conclusion, even if he hits the pooch we have good field position. With a kicker like that you tell him to kick it to Chattanooga. P.S. You rode the "inferior talent" thing long enough. With 80 kids on the team there is talent to be had.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thanked the Lord for a lot of things in that game. Seems to me there is a comparison. Brandon took over a team that couldnt beat a good JV team. Went 3 and 7 his first year then 9 and 1 his second year. Did Polk win the region Derrick Davis second year? Seems to me that Brandon has a leg up in that category. By the way, is it just me or would every Polk County fan rather drink gasoline and urinate on a brush fire before saying something good about Central? In conclusion, even if he hits the pooch we have good field position. With a kicker like that you tell him to kick it to Chattanooga. P.S. You rode the "inferior talent" thing long enough. With 80 kids on the team there is talent to be had.

He has no leg up on Coach Davis period. Coach Williams did not leave the program in that bad of shape. His teams were competing just not winning. Polk's teams were getting blown out and letting the clock run in the second half to get the game over. So no there is not a comparison. I have given Central their credit but your crazy to say we have the same talent pool as MC. We have about 550 kids and you guys have close to 900 walking the halls. Besides take away your athletes and you guys don't finish in the top three. You know it and I know it. It was the same when you were there, discipline ran the athletes off. We have 80 kids how many pure athletes do we have like Jackson, Harrison, Moss?? You can't even argue with that one!

He has no leg up on Coach Davis period. Coach Williams did not leave the program in that bad of shape. His teams were competing just not winning. Polk's teams were getting blown out and letting the clock run in the second half to get the game over. So no there is not a comparison. I have given Central their credit but your crazy to say we have the same talent pool as MC. We have about 550 kids and you guys have close to 900 walking the halls. Besides take away your athletes and you guys don't finish in the top three. You know it and I know it. It was the same when you were there, discipline ran the athletes off. We have 80 kids how many pure athletes do we have like Jackson, Harrison, Moss?? You can't even argue with that one!

900 students? I don't think so. I am pretty sure that would make them 4a.

Why does Polk not play 2a?

Because they know some of the 2A schools would pound them hard. That's assuming the enrollment # cited is accurate and they are even eligible for 2A.

Please some family with a few " athlete " type boys move into Polk County so the Polk county whine club will shut up about not having any real talent , only a god like coach who has to make chicken salad out of chicken sh.. year after year.

Here's a novel idea for you Polksters: DEVELOPE some talent.

Because they know some of the 2A schools would pound them hard. That's assuming the enrollment # cited is accurate and they are even eligible for 2A.

Please some family with a few " athlete " type boys move into Polk County so the Polk county whine club will shut up about not having any real talent , only a god like coach who has to make chicken salad out of chicken sh.. year after year.

We have beat you with less talent and 200-300 less students for the last 6 yrs and you had to beat us in OT to get the win with the best team you all have ever had. I am not whining just saying you cannot compare the coachs as of right now. Coach Davis has been there 7 yrs and Derrick two. If he has winning seasons for the next five years and makes it to the playoffs then we can compare. So you think that Polk has as much talent as MC explain and give me examples please? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Wrong! The only team in 2a that Polk failed to win against was Tyner (which would have won this region this year and they were down.) The only reason that Polk chose to play 3a was travel, only 1 time every other year to Grundy vs 3 times to the Sequatchie Valley.

By the way accorrding to TSSAA enrollment figures Polk is at 449.

Know what? I think we have all heard u slam the kids enough with ur comments about "off the field troubles" good greif, they are ALL kids even in Polk Co. You're such a bad loser, hey!!! Chargers Won and in a lot of eyes the "best" team won.....stay off the kids, please......I'm proud of all the area teams even u guys....but Central rules!!! awesome bunch of boys on and off the field!!!!

*********************GO CHARGERS*****************GO CHARGERS**************GO CHARGERS******

Isn't anyone who plays on an athletic team considered an athlete. I don't understand what you mean, when you say if Central got rid of their "athletes" they would lose games. Are you saying that "athletes" are against discipline when you mention that "discipline drove away the "athletes" a few years back." Please, clarify what you mean by "athletes." Wait, no clarification needed....I see the names you mentioned......I guess I can gather what an "athlete" is. Very interesting comment from an area that doesn't take to well to "athletes."Isn't anyone who plays on an athletic team considered an athlete. I don't understand what you mean, when you say if Central got rid of their "athletes" they would lose games. Are you saying that "athletes" are against discipline when you mention that "discipline drove away the "athletes" a few years back." Please, clarify what you mean by "athletes." Wait, no clarification needed....I see the names you mentioned......I guess I can gather what an "athlete" is. Very interesting comment from an area that doesn't take to well to "athletes."