Cannon-vs-Smith

Gridiron88

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I thought was funny was SC would rip off a good gain and he would scream the CC player that made the tackle 17 yards down field. So, so funny.

I didn't hear his favorite line that he screamed during the Marion County game. NOW THAT'S HOW YOU PLAY DEFENSE!! For some reason he didn't say that tonight!

To Grunt - We would love to be able to save you a seat @ the boro.

To imallin - The absolute worst officiating I have seen in my life. I mean, to throw a flag and not blow a whistle when the offense breaks the huddle with 12, let the play happen like it is a delayed dead ball, cannon fumbles and they give the ball to SC is absolutely unexcuseable. Cannon really got it handed to them there. Not to mention all the blocks in the back 45 yards away from the ball all night long against SC. AND with the score 46-14, less than 5 seconds on the clock, they throw a flag for who knows what. The first time in my life as well, that I have seen a white throw a flag on two guys hitting each other, the call being offensive holding and defensive holding, and of course replaying the down.

To Antwan - You had them playoff scenarios pegged. Postal was suppose to have been there tonight, did you see a Jets hat around anywhere.

To 0wls1987 - Actually, it sounded like this: MMMMMMEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN UUUUUUUNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

To Cannon County - The spaghetti was good, but the game was not so good. Cannon is taking good strides, but the dirty play toward the end of the game was a little much. Oh, and find a new announcer. He is clueless!!!

I haven't seen to many pa guys yelling when the opposing team was calling signals since the stupid announcer thread Del had on here a couple of years ago. I love to hear him...but that is bush league.

I'm guessing ya'll are talking about the PA announcer at Cannon..... When the Young kid would run it would sound like this.... MMMMMMMMEEEEEEELLLLLLLL UUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG...... Because the speakers cut out....

MEEEELLLLVVVVIIIIINNNN YYYYOOOOOUUUUUUNNNNNNNGGGGG!!!!

I couldn't help myself!

The PA guy was kind of annoying....BUT...that Melvin....kinda reminded me a little of Tez...which made me enjoy the game all that much more...

Thanks to Cannon County for once again being such gracious hosts...the spaghetti dinner hit the spot...and the cool parking spot kept a certian baby OWL nice and warm...

GO OWLS!!!

I'm guessing ya'll are talking about the PA announcer at Cannon..... When the Young kid would run it would sound like this.... MMMMMMMMEEEEEEELLLLLLLL UUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG...... Because the speakers cut out....

You got it. lol.

He would embarrass me if he was the PA man at the school in which I supported. Kind of curious how he has even kept the job with his always extra comments. Someone needs to tell him that he is not on the radio. lol. Like last night, he didn't agree with one of the officials calls (which I could understand), and he made some comment on the call over the PA.

To Grunt - We would love to be able to save you a seat @ the boro.

To imallin - The absolute worst officiating I have seen in my life. I mean, to throw a flag and not blow a whistle when the offense breaks the huddle with 12, let the play happen like it is a delayed dead ball, cannon fumbles and they give the ball to SC is absolutely unexcuseable. Cannon really got it handed to them there. Not to mention all the blocks in the back 45 yards away from the ball all night long against SC. AND with the score 46-14, less than 5 seconds on the clock, they throw a flag for who knows what. The first time in my life as well, that I have seen a white throw a flag on two guys hitting each other, the call being offensive holding and defensive holding, and of course replaying the down.

To Antwan - You had them playoff scenarios pegged. Postal was suppose to have been there tonight, did you see a Jets hat around anywhere.

To 0wls1987 - Actually, it sounded like this: MMMMMMEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN UUUUUUUNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

To Cannon County - The spaghetti was good, but the game was not so good. Cannon is taking good strides, but the dirty play toward the end of the game was a little much. Oh, and find a new announcer. He is clueless!!!

I wonder if the kid that got thrown out is a senior. I don't think he is. If not...he will have to sit out a game...either bowl...or the 1st game next season. It was a very cheap shot. There were others. I don't ever remember seeing a Cannon County team do that before.

The only problem I had with the pa guy is the screaming during our signal calling. The refs should have stopped that. Other than that...he is very entertaining to listen to. It spiced up a relatively lopsided game.

Cannon just couldn't stop SC's offense. Everything was open all night...even for the 2nd teamers late in the game.

Young is a good ball player. He is fast...and runs hard. He took some wicked shots in the game.

Congrats to Cannon County on an improving season. I know you are still not where you want to be, but strides are being made from what I can tell. Didn't get to see you in person this year, but kept up with scores and how the games went on here. You were an eyelash away from the playoffs, and had a couple of close games gone the other way, you would've made it. Keep working and hopefully that will come next year. Good job to all coaches and players! Keep it up!