SMYRNA AT WILSON CENTRAL

82cat

I got to say something to you DubC...............WC fans really do not care what you think or say UNLESS you apologize for your comments from last year about the coaches, administration, etc. Remember..............you said and I quote " I'm taking my $6.00 and going and supporting MJ next year". (*note.....you can go back and read old posts; it is quite easy to do). Why are you still hanging around?.............. You need to apologize to the coaches and administration on this forum publicly. It was a tough year last year in a very tough league that has NO margin for error......................it has been equally tough this year and the league may be even more balanced than it was last year. Every team in this league would qualify for the play-offs if they were scattered in Region 's 3, 5, and 6.

Seriously.............you should apologize!..............and Soon!

sam from the glade

Your right, I'm apologizing to everyone involved. I totally went about it the wrong way. I shouldn't have never used this stupid message boards to voice my opinion like that. I regret it now and wished it had never happened and I probably should have apologized for it at the beginning of the season but theres nothing I can do about it now. I could have just as easily changed my name on here and hid from it. Last season was absolutely miserable. We had a lot of talent on that team and I was extremely frustrated to not be able to get a 1st down much less a touchdown. In my defense though everyone on here was wondering "what happened to dub c?" or "Man, they just kinda fell off the map" I was just way to harsh about it and shouldn't have been. However, I don"t ever recall saying anything negative about anything except for the coaching (mainly coach Aric. If I did I apologize for that as well.) he's done a pretty good job this year but we can't take away the fact that having coach Elrod and coach Crane back are tremendous additions to that coaching staff. Mainly I'd like to apologize to the players. Their the ones that had to go through it...not me. Anyways, lets just put all of it behind us and get ready for the post season..We're back in the playoffs!!!!!!!...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right, I'm apologizing to everyone involved. I totally went about it the wrong way. I shouldn't have never used this stupid message boards to voice my opinion like that. I regret it now and wished it had never happened and I probably should have apologized for it at the beginning of the season but theres nothing I can do about it now. I could have just as easily changed my name on here and hid from it. Last season was absolutely miserable. We had a lot of talent on that team and I was extremely frustrated to not be able to get a 1st down much less a touchdown. In my defense though everyone on here was wondering "what happened to dub c?" or "Man, they just kinda fell off the map" I was just way to harsh about it and shouldn't have been. However, I don"t ever recall saying anything negative about anything except for the coaching (mainly coach Aric. If I did I apologize for that as well.) he's done a pretty good job this year but we can't take away the fact that having coach Elrod and coach Crane back are tremendous additions to that coaching staff. Mainly I'd like to apologize to the players. Their the ones that had to go through it...not me. Anyways, lets just put all of it behind us and get ready for the post season..We're back in the playoffs!!!!!!!...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

accepted..............on my part and am sure others will also.

samiam

if smyrna loses to wc and lebanon wins smyrna will be 4th

I may be biased but I believe they would not be a 4th seed I would not feel lucky to play if I was lc or cc (one of those will win that region)

interesting that if the scenario happens that puts smyrna at #4 and WC at #2 and both teams beat their region 3 opponents in the 1st round, they will meet again one week later in the 2nd round...that would be CRAZY for teams to play each other almost back to back in football.

(someone can confirm that im not 100% sure if that would be the case if that happened but last year #2 smyrna and #4 lavergne met in the 2nd round of playoffs)

interesting that if the scenario happens that puts smyrna at #4 and WC at #2 and both teams beat their region 3 opponents in the 1st round, they will meet again one week later in the 2nd round...that would be CRAZY for teams to play each other almost back to back in football.

(someone can confirm that im not 100% sure if that would be the case if that happened but last year #2 smyrna and #4 lavergne met in the 2nd round of playoffs)

That is correct............If region 4-5A teams all won 1st round games, then it would be #1 vs #3 and #2 vs #4. Did that happen last year? Who did Riverdale play in the 2nd round of 2006?

That is correct............If region 4-5A teams all won 1st round games, then it would be #1 vs #3 and #2 vs #4. Did that happen last year? Who did Riverdale play in the 2nd round of 2006?

I thought it would be 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3....it seems like thats the way it should be anyways.....the highest seed plays the lowest seed...hhmmm...not sure though.. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Haha Oh man that would be crazy /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> someone would be going for payback if that happend!

I thought it would be 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3....it seems like thats the way it should be anyways.....the highest seed plays the lowest seed...hhmmm...not sure though.. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You are correct for the first round..................what the above post was talking about is the 2nd round IF (and that is a big IF) region 4 swept region 3 in first round game.

First round bracket will always have

1 (A) vs 4(/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

2 (/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> vs 3(A)

so this being the case unless Warren Co. upsets Riverdale then the Warriors will rematch with the Smyrna/WC loser (this week) IF they beat the Lincoln Co/Coffee Co. loser (this week) in the above round 1.

I have predicted all year this region will sweep the 1st round of the playoffs based on

lc or cc will win the region

lc - blackman beat easily at lc

cc - lost to oakland

cookeville - lost to both the above lc and cc

warren county - go out on a limb here probably wont beat riverdale

the only hitch in that is cookville beating lebanon and well we all know how good lebanon (beat smyrna beat lavergne) can be as well as how bad (loss to blackman). I expect them to do very well once they get out of region.

I wish they would re do the play off system and every region would play 2 games against other regions before coming back inside region play.

just a playof scenario

riverdale vs warren county

smyrna vs cookeville

wc vs coffee county

lebanon vs lc

there are a couple other scenarios but my point is I believe all these matchups favor region 4

and yes there is an excellent chance wc and smyrna will meet again in a coupl weeks.

but lets play this one first.